EQ Next: #1 Next gen MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
After years of hype and promise, SOE/Daybreak successfully delivered the one and only true next gen MMO with EQN.

Epic trailer

Beautiful character design
DCrizxU.jpg

Jaw-dropping architecture
W9G3nAy.jpg

Next-gen gameplay
WrEOx3o.jpg

And a stunning new take on Qeynos
6a0uXbV.jpg

This is truly Norrath done right.

Discuss!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Brad and Tyen have competition. They should combine forces to take on this beast called EQN.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Can anyone explain what their actual vision was regarding the crowd-sourced assets for this game? Was there actually a possibility of having giant cat cities in the game? Rofl

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Can anyone explain what their actual vision was regarding the crowd-sourced assets for this game? Was there actually a possibility of having giant cat cities in the game? Rofl

Before it went completely down hill, they had design contests where they gave you a theme and some test artwork (ogre,human,troll) etc. Then they let you build. They would declare a winner and your assets would be used in game.

It was a neat concept

It was a neat concept

It was a clever scam to generate content without having to pay for it. The fact that they were evidently unable to make any sort of significant progress on this game, despite having a small army of free artists, is fairly astounding. Waiting for the 30 For 30 on this godamn debacle.

Mryd

Golden Knight of the Realm
How can something piss me off and make me laugh so hard simultaneously.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blackwulf

N00b
What cracks me up is some of you sad sacks actually thought this game looked awesome with those retarded graphics. I remember the excited hype during Ponytail's big presentation.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users
What cracks me up is some of you sad sacks actually thought this game looked awesome with those retarded graphics. I remember the excited hype during Ponytail's big presentation.

If you thought some of the optimists around here were bamboozled, you should have seed the Reddit board. Anyone who didn't blow a sparkling load over the "beautiful stylized graphics" was just about banned from the sub. When the game was cancelled I went back specifically to bask in the beautiful sadness.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I was at SOE Live the year they announced it, and it was so blatantly obvious the game was just a pipe dream that wouldn't launch anytime in the remotely near future. I don't know how people really believed there was even a game here. The initial announcement had tons of concept flaws in the game design, nevermind that they couldn't even implement what they talked about

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

ESO kicks ass tho rite?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users