EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
More classic skill_caps SQL scripts added to the open source section of the forums: Block, Brass Instruments, Channeling, Conjuration, and Defense.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Be happy when EQ Classic comes out, but do not wait for it. A quick visit to their forum shows people waiting for it since 2009. Damn thing has been in development longer than most actual games.
^- This is what happens when developers do not want to share code, work with others, and hoard the work they do like its going to increase in value over time... we're the opposite.

Enjoy the open source section of the Sleeper, and feel free to contribute your code changes, learn from the existing ones, reverse engineer things we've done and create your own classic version server.

Sharing is caring.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
More classic skill_caps SQL scripts added to the open source section of the forums: Disarm, Disarm Traps, and Divination.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I might have missed it, but they don't have an eta for launch yet- right?

I would play it. It sounds like p99 but with 2 boxing, which is perfect for me. The only sticking point for me is that I would need to know 100% sure beforehand, what expansion it will go up to and that it wont go beyond that. I wouldn't play without knowing that because if it ends up going too far, then I may as well just play EQ.

To me the main attraction of EQ Mac is that it's locked at PoP. It means that I will never have to deal with all the retarded modern shit that happened to EQ, and yet it went far enough that there is a massive amount of content to play through. It's as close to perfect as it gets, for me at least, the only problem is that it's on such shaky ground and the PC hack even moreso. It's hard to get too attached to something that could be switched off next week.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Be happy when EQ Classic comes out, but do not wait for it. A quick visit to their forum shows people waiting for it since 2009. Damn thing has been in development longer than most actual games.
Actually, it started in 2007. Their most recent website/forum was created in 2009.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Glad to see so many new faces on and reporting bugs already, thank you!

More scripts coming up tomorrow.

^@ViViD_sl

shitlord
Well, here are the current player rules on the server. I'm sure it's subject to change and I think most of the GM headaches resulting from raid drama should be handled by dynamic raid spawns.

http://epicemu.com/forum/server-pla...les]http://epicemu.com/forum/game-staff-rules

This is their current mob camp rules for non raid targets.

http://epicemu.com/forum/mob-camping-rules

I see potential for the server to be good or bad. So I'll just try it out when it's released and see how it goes then.

So far the staff has seemed friendly enough even to people who are obviously wrong about game mechanics or just confused about EQ in general.

I'd say if you are interested in a different take on classic EQ give it a shot when it's released. If you aren't burned out from beta testing log on help out. The staff constantly does updates so any extra feedback helps.
Yes they are enforced even in beta they removed GM privileges / access for 2 people due to the GM doing resing / summing crap for people / Buffing(PLing) and couple other things. They take it very serious in all regards the "GAME" which is the head operator of server has ZERO tolerance for cheating, exploiting or anything of that nature and will be dealt with immediately with proper substantial evidence.

Word

Thinking about hopping in and helping out beta. However, someone please tell me that there is at least a xp mod to help the quicken the leveling curve.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
2 boxing sucks on EMU. People will only solo if you let them or just hang with their clique and no chance you'll be allowed in. It's one of the few major things P99 got totally right. Not that anyone cares what I think..

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
2 boxing sucks on EMU. People will only solo if you let them or just hang with their clique and no chance you'll be allowed in. It's one of the few major things P99 got totally right. Not that anyone cares what I think..
Yeah, because boxing wasn't at all prevalent on P99, and neither were cliques.

Are you actually serious?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider

No one ever tethered a laptop to their phone and then played from a desktop. Not ever.

Double box limit is a good cap, it lets you be able to play/accomplish shit while not having whole one man groups locking the world down. Not that anyone would even want to play on Toop's server though ~

pointyboot

^- This is what happens when developers do not want to share code, work with others, and hoard the work they do like its going to increase in value over time... we're the opposite.

Enjoy the open source section of the Sleeper, and feel free to contribute your code changes, learn from the existing ones, reverse engineer things we've done and create your own classic version server.

Sharing is caring.
poor form. YL doesn't owe anybody shit. we can have projects like yours AND his. everybody wins.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Yeah some people boxed but I never had a hard time getting into a group 1-60 pugging for the most part which wasn't very classic in my experiencetongue.png. Overall it was a very nice group server aside from the guild camps that locked down certain spawns 24/7 for days or weeks, that sucked and should have been stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.