EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Welp, when this opens someone report here and let us know whether it's a jumbled buggy mess, or if it's (mostly) playable. I'll hold out on the Test server until I hear the good/bad/ugly.
It's (mostly) playable from what I've experienced so far leveling from 1-51. Kegz has been helpful and diligent in working with the testers to fix the bugs.

lindz

#DDs
One of the major things I noticed at low levels was problems with mob hp. Everything is completely normal 1-9 then as soon as you hit 10, mob hp is 4x what it should be. I provided actual documentation on this on the beta boards (an orc centurion in WC had ~750 hp at level 10, data I found said it should have been 190 - 250 (http://web.archive.org/web/200104240...cticiousname9/)). Devs continue to insist that everything is correct despite proof. "It is limited to a small number of mobs" says Kegz, when it was obviously not an isolated incident as the community can attest.

Maybe it sounds like something small, but this right here will kill the server. People that are here for nostalgia (which is most of us) hit level 10 and all of a sudden it is impossible to solo or duo on the solo classes and full groups take AGES to kill anything, it will make people just stop playing. Honestly, this is alarming. These devs are obviously not even playing on their own server if they can't immediately see something that only takes a couple hours to test.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
you are female and test mob hp on emulated eq servers

if u ever get divorced call me

Kegz_sl

shitlord
One of the major things I noticed at low levels was problems with mob hp. Everything is completely normal 1-9 then as soon as you hit 10, mob hp is 4x what it should be.
Mob hp issues were few and random, most have been sorted out at this point, and thank you for your helpful resources.

I doubt I'll have a whole lot of time to play but I'll for sure make a character when the server is released.

It might take me a year to hit level 30 but it's about the journey!!

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did some testing during the week, and was quite impressed. A lot of the plat exploits which were prevalent for Red99 release have been fixed here.

Looking forward to the launch.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Who all is planning to start up on this? I'll jump in, if we can get a group together to level/etc. Was thinking of playing either a shaman, bard, or enc. Let me know guys.

I'm ordering a new laptop, I don't think the one I have can play games at all. It's one of those cheap ass email only type laptops.

Well dosbox runs on it at least lol.

I'll probably not be able to make a character until May. I look forward to the server though. It seems to be a better balance of relaxed and competitive than other servers I've tried.

Del

Vyemm Raider
The beta's winding down and launch is soon. I think (hope) that is the reason for such low activity.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
After playing EQMac with the folks who came over from 99 I can honestly say Im in ZERO rush to start that velious crawl lol. Ring wars?

More like snooze wars.

I hope the server doesn't attract the usual rabble.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
After playing EQMac with the folks who came over from 99 I can honestly say Im in ZERO rush to start that velious crawl lol. Ring wars?

More like snooze wars.

I hope the server doesn't attract the usual rabble.
True story - I OT hammered during my own ring war on accident, because I was so out of it from sitting at Thurg entrance and spamming the recall NPC commands.

Tyler_sl

shitlord
That was my first thought too, however also all other links, like forum, faq (via goole) take me to blank pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.