EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Read through the white noise, the trolls have been trying to blast this server since the day it was even thought of as a forum post.
2 years of dedicated development and more to come, all the issues that get ironed out are part of the code we will be releasing for everyone to host their own server, so playing on the Sleeper helps the whole community.

New code has been released on our Open Source section to fix more Pet issues, especially regarding invisibility.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Read through the white noise, the trolls have been trying to blast this server since the day it was even thought of as a forum post.
2 years of dedicated development and more to come, all the issues that get ironed out are part of the code we will be releasing for everyone to host their own server, so playing on the Sleeper helps the whole community.

New code has been released on our Open Source section to fix more Pet issues, especially regarding invisibility.
Excuse me? Trolls? Who the fuck do you think you are talking to? This board is comprised of some of the most seasoned MMO players on the planet. If a good number of them are saying that your server has issues, then maybe, just maybe, it does.

You have a good project here, but it needed MONTHS more testing before going live. Kudos to you for attempting to fix it quickly, but to call people trolls and not taking ownership of responsibility is just absurd.

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
Took me an hour to ding lvl 2 yesterday as a dark elf ench. Even cons regen about 2hp/tick. Chain casting my 3dmg DD after each melee hit was the only way to make a dent in anything. Tried to take on a level 2 skelly at full health, chain casting the DD and meleeing til the bitter end and only got the skelly down to 85%. This problem might go away later when you can deal more than 2dps, but lvls 1-10 would suck. If the goal is to scare the casuals away, mission accomplished.

lindz

#DDs
Ah Kegz. It isn't trolling when people post their complaints about bugs. Your server has a lot of work before it gets to the point where it should have been released. I beta tested, I reported problems and I tried playing on release. I wanted the server to be good but in its current state, it isn't. Hopefully it will get there though.

axeman_sl

shitlord
To Kegz, all criticism is trolling. It's part of why people have stopped even trying to be constructive and now just insult him and his hilariously terrible server.

2 years of dedicated development and more to come
If this was the best you could do in two years of development, there is no hope. The Sleeper is seriously a candidate for worst ever serious attempt at making an emu server.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Took me an hour to ding lvl 2 yesterday as a dark elf ench. Even cons regen about 2hp/tick. Chain casting my 3dmg DD after each melee hit was the only way to make a dent in anything. Tried to take on a level 2 skelly at full health, chain casting the DD and meleeing til the bitter end and only got the skelly down to 85%. This problem might go away later when you can deal more than 2dps, but lvls 1-10 would suck. If the goal is to scare the casuals away, mission accomplished.
make friends, ask them for about 50p then dohttp://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=159

takes 2 stacks of red wine (2p) to do 1-4. about 50p to do 1-9

gn0me_sl

shitlord
It is hilarious people have to find quest work arounds just to get to level 4. The first five levels or so did really suck small balls.

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
As much as I would love to find a Velious enabled emu server this sounds like I should waitfrown.png

Motec_sl

shitlord
Shouldn't wait. Forum pal bullshit aside its an average server with a decent community, less dickheads than p99 and good chance to make level 1 monks with sod's in a few months. #Hood rich.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'd start now. I like the community and kegz has been getting things done, along with grim doing gm events and helping fix things also. plus lot of new people leveling now, probably best to hop on that leveling train now

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There is really only one reason to be rolling on this server over p99 at this point: the possibility exists to be one of the top dogs in the economy.

Good luck ever affording a manastone (200kpp+), fungi tunic (75kpp) or fungi staff (last one auctioned went for 6mil pp, no shit) on p99. Hell, it's VERY late kunark and FBSS are still 12kpp. the server has been milked for all it is worth, and people have ridiculous amounts of money, largely due to exploits going unchecked for VAST AMOUNTS OF TIME from what I've heard (hai2u invis pulling sebilis).

penalty_sl

shitlord
Yea the rmt99 economy is fucking rinsed. Its sad that the server is so trashed it wont be good until velious is over and they release the server again without all the fuckups. But by that point eqc might have taken over.

Status
Not open for further replies.