EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
As we build our wish lists

View attachment 454651

I would like to see this cut down. Yelinak had 8 week unlocks for all the early expansions to still clobber people with sixteen total fucking weeks of PoP. Totally burned on on raiding the Elemental Planes and Time? Well now we can bolt some LDoNs right on top.

Yeah, how is this still going on? Takes a certain tone-deafness for them to keep scheduling these massive PoP cycles. What used to be one of the most popular eras is now one everybody seems to be sick of.

PoP/LoY/LDoN need to always be folded up into one cycle. Do the same with (OoW/DoN), (DoD/PoR), and (TSS/TBS). The no-AA ones should be paired with an AA one, basically. Just rolling up those four things would solve like all of the schedule issues with TLPs.

In terms of raw dollars and demand the raid-geared warrior typically commands the biggest numbers. They also generate the most salt and are easy to identify. I think every guild I've been in has had at least one tank cash out during with a bunch of big ticket items and becoming the guild's running joke.

I meant more in terms of which classes at max level go for a decent amount, not so much fully BIS raid geared. It's kind of cynical to do a bunch of raids and take gear from a guild just to sell a character, unless you're legitimately just tired of playing. If I were to sell a character it'd either be that situation (done on a server) or it'd be a max-level [extra character I don't need] with group gear very early in a TLP cycle.

Double loot on Vaniki completely spoiled me. Doing epic with dual quest drops was great teaming up with other people from your class vs having to compete with them for spawns.

Yeah, I was splitting SK epic drops with Elaida and a couple other people on Vaniki and it was so nice being able to basically skip people's fights by doubling up. I want to do the Murkglider Breeder fight as few times as possible.

It's kinda BM, but no one gives a fuck if you're quitting anyways. There's always next xpac.

Best cashout times are a month into classic or earlier, mid Velious, or mid PoP I'd wager.

Yeah, if I do any selling, it'll be a month into classic. By then I know if I'm staying on a server, keeping a box, etc. And any later than that and the value drops, for sure. I'd guess that the first 2-3 weeks even are the time with the most value. Most people can level a character up themselves within a month and it's only the scum like us here who have a max level character or two on week 1.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, how is this still going on? Takes a certain tone-deafness for them to keep scheduling these massive PoP cycles. What used to be one of the most popular eras is now one everybody seems to be sick of.

PoP/LoY/LDoN need to always be folded up into one cycle. Do the same with (OoW/DoN), (DoD/PoR), and (TSS/TBS). The no-AA ones should be paired with an AA one, basically. Just rolling up those four things would solve like all of the schedule issues with TLPs.

Any Mischiefbros, did the loot system help with retention during the twelve weeks of PoP and four more with LDoN bolted on top?

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Any Mischiefbros, did the loot system help with retention during the twelve weeks of PoP and four more with LDoN bolted on top?
Sure as hell didn't hurt things. It was the time I ended up quitting though but that was because most of the friends I grouped with quit and it was the beginning of Summer. Didn't feel like trying to make new friends or filling a room up with cheap laptops/set up VMs to box my way to victory.

The only complaint I really heard about the loot system was that with a target rich xpac like PoP it ended up being a little too much loot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I didn't play during PoP/LDoN but the ruleset definitely got me through GoD. Doing shit like farming those haste belts for plat. I don't like that expac. I can't imagine ever slogging through 6 months of PoP-GoD again on a normal server.

• 1Like

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I still have my phinigel potime data, looks like between Feb 3 - July 17 (165 days) we killed Quarm 114 times. 69 (nice) phase 4-5 kills. On May 29 we had to drop from 3 splitting phase 4-5 to 2 splitting, and from doing 5 Quarms to 4 Quarms each clear, which we maintained until the end of PoP. So after 116 days our numbers started dropping, and probably earlier than that since we were better geared and could still 3 split with fewer players by that point.

Definitely an asinine amount of time to spend in PoP at this point. Had it just been 90 days, we still would have had 58 Quarm Kills and 39 phase 4-5 kills, which is a shit ton of loot and more than enough to say we got our fill of PoP and move onto GoD. They should really just combine PoP/LoY with LDoN and do 3 months. 4 months at the very most but that is still too much imo.

I might take a look at the new server. I would have to be pretty casual these days but we'll see. Yelinak was miserable so hopefully it will be better than that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The main problem with the Selo server was not the 1 month lockouts. That was the best part.

The half timers for instance lockouts is what burned people out. Make it double loot.

Condense the horrible barren expansions into 1 month. Take all the level 70 expacs and combine them into 1 month. There is no content there. Get your 2.0 epics that last, your anguish bps you'll use at 110+ and a few circle clickies for your raid and you can ignore the rest of that garbage era. Delete ldon completely and also delete any fucking weirdos who talk about how they like ldons for any reason.

So after a few years of seeing how the TLP cycle goes this is what I want.

1. 1 month expansion release schedule with condensing the empty expansions.
2. Double Loot
3. Free Trade
4. Truebox removed completely on GoD launch.

That's it. I want to play through the expansions again at a brisk pace without being gear starved. No more truebox bullshit once we are past the main farmer expansions.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I just wish they would make Agnarr free in honor of the Mac Server.

I could go for another classic run. Call me old-fashioned and predictable but I just like making my way to PoP and then I lose interest. I have a blast every time though.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just wish they would make Agnarr free in honor of the Mac Server.

I could go for another classic run. Call me old-fashioned and predictable but I just like making my way to PoP and then I lose interest. I have a blast every time though.

I wouldn’t mind playing on agnarr sometime. I got a 60 shammy and cleric to help PL. Maybe we (the board) should do that sometime for fun.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
PoP loot randomization was absolutely retarded. Their tiers made no sense.

Honestly the randomization is a double edged sword, it’s nice that you have more targets for more opportunities for the top tier loot, but you also get the shit days where Mayong drops only blood raid loot. I’d prefer it if mobs dropped their loot guaranteed, with the bonus loot coming from the tier pool.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I absolutely loved Pop randomization. But then again I was in a guild that didn't enforce attendance and I was capable of either hitting high value targets with my own group or teaming up with a friend. If I was a raider who didn't have any side action, I can see it being a lot less fun.

Original loot plus bonus random loot does seem like a good compromise, though

Zaide

TLP Idealist
PoP randomization was fun but it was also a bit nonsensical. I felt like it was the only time so far where the final raid zone was a bad time investment. Not complaining about it though, because Mischief baby.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'd really love for a Mischief idea just for camp shifts. Classic sitting in only LGuk or SolB is just the fucking worst. Throw in some Permafrost or some Cazic Thule (zone) or Kedge fucking Keep for leveling? Hell yeah. New experience for what is otherwise the same old shit.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lots of people appeared to have quit or burned out during pop era. I don't know if it was more or less than is typical, and there's plenty of room for it being polarizing and those that stayed especially loved it... but yeah, lots quit. Pop era is way too long and 70s era is way way way (3x more than needed) too long.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
So I’m leveling a cleric in Unrest on Agnarr because… hell just because - anyway I see in general that Faceless Rapiers is coming soon to TLP 2023.

Damn that’s tempting.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Dude has a good scam going, basically mass recruits everything with a pulse from classic through velious, then when the guild bank gets fat enough he quits or "gets banned" and the guild folds, presumable with the guild bank being taken by the leader and his cronies.

Insert Sam Hyde how does he keep getting away with it meme.

He's bascially Mabbu minus the ability to create a competitive guild.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Peak Mischief absurdity was being able to clear plane of fire with a handful of friends boxing.

5-6 people working together and doing a full clear of fire each week and getting 8+ drops a piece was flat out nuts.

I said before PoP even launched on mischief that plane of time should only drop time loot, otherwise not worth the time investment. I noped out of time guild raids quite quickly to double up on small man plane of fire runs.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Lots of people appeared to have quit or burned out during pop era. I don't know if it was more or less than is typical, and there's plenty of room for it being polarizing and those that stayed especially loved it... but yeah, lots quit. Pop era is way too long and 70s era is way way way (3x more than needed) too long.
Four months of PoP really sucks but our guild grew explosively during PoP. We went from two splitting to three full splits at some points. I can’t really say why for sure but I like to think the full split PoP launch helped us pick up disgruntled folks who were on the B team for their guilds PoP clear.
So I’m leveling a cleric in Unrest on Agnarr because… hell just because - anyway I see in general that Faceless Rapiers is coming soon to TLP 2023.

Damn that’s tempting.
It’s not real. No real Faceless leadership would ever team up with those guys. The person advertising has a serious mental illness. He has spent the last 15 months impersonating Bigor33 (EQ Streamer) on discord, in game and on this forum @bigor33. Last year they claimed Krim and Atabishi were in their guild and made fake discord profiles copying them to park in their shit guild discord. Just a huge waste of time overall.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Dude has a good scam going, basically mass recruits everything with a pulse from classic through velious, then when the guild bank gets fat enough he quits or "gets banned" and the guild folds, presumable with the guild bank being taken by the leader and his cronies.

Insert Sam Hyde how does he keep getting away with it meme.

He's bascially Mabbu minus the ability to create a competitive guild.
They don't have much of a guild bank to raid.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
It’s not real. No real Faceless leadership would ever team up with those guys. The person advertising has a serious mental illness. He has spent the last 15 months impersonating Bigor33 (EQ Streamer) on discord, in game and on this forum @bigor33. Last year they claimed Krim and Atabishi were in their guild and made fake discord profiles copying them to park in their shit guild discord. Just a huge waste of time overall.
Oh I know, just me being a smart arse.

“but, they said Zaide was going to be in this, and it’s in general chat, so it must be true!”

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The main problem with the Selo server was not the 1 month lockouts. That was the best part.

The half timers for instance lockouts is what burned people out. Make it double loot.

Condense the horrible barren expansions into 1 month. Take all the level 70 expacs and combine them into 1 month. There is no content there. Get your 2.0 epics that last, your anguish bps you'll use at 110+ and a few circle clickies for your raid and you can ignore the rest of that garbage era. Delete ldon completely and also delete any fucking weirdos who talk about how they like ldons for any reason.

So after a few years of seeing how the TLP cycle goes this is what I want.

1. 1 month expansion release schedule with condensing the empty expansions.
2. Double Loot
3. Free Trade
4. Truebox removed completely on GoD launch.

That's it. I want to play through the expansions again at a brisk pace without being gear starved. No more truebox bullshit once we are past the main farmer expansions.
I would add

1. Remove all keying requirements for raiding.

Its a system that was put in to control the rate at which guilds went through the content. We have seen the content 10 times over now. It all exists, so remove the stupid requirement to key for a zone.

Make the server fun. Fun was why the random loot system was so popular. Fun is how you get players to come back. This was proven fairly well with last years TLP idea.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users