EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

BrysB

Trakanon Raider
I got spoiled with free trade on FV/Mischief. They would at least have to have that for me to be interested.

The idea of a Mischief server with a later expansion start, bst and zerks and additional race/class combinations unlocked at the start would be nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As we build our wish lists

1674373896046.png

I would like to see this cut down. Yelinak had 8 week unlocks for all the early expansions to still clobber people with sixteen total fucking weeks of PoP. Totally burned on on raiding the Elemental Planes and Time? Well now we can bolt some LDoNs right on top.

• 1Like

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's weird they haven't messed with ZEMs or done hotzones for TLPs.

Seems like such an easy way to give a fresh experience where people don't feel compelled to following the exact leveling path for the 10th time

Yeah, I guess really mean hotzones. I'd like to see them leave ZEM's the way they are, but add hotzones to TLP's and maybe change them around a bit every patch, or expansion.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Mischief made so many other camps viable for loot, if they fixed XP you might actually see people using Runnyeye, OG Paw, SK Aviaks, Najena etc actually used again like in 1999/2000

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I’m looking for a real classic server not a TLP server but hey, we can never go back :(

You won't get that from the official TLPs. However, P99 should be launching a fresh Classic server this spring, which emulates the original as much as it can.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
A few more years and we will start developing Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Then every day will be like the first time you fell off the lift in Kelethin all over again. Praise Cazic.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I got spoiled with free trade on FV/Mischief. They would at least have to have that for me to be interested.
Double loot on Vaniki completely spoiled me. Doing epic with dual quest drops was great teaming up with other people from your class vs having to compete with them for spawns.

• 1Truth!

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
As we build our wish lists

View attachment 454651

I would like to see this cut down. Yelinak had 8 week unlocks for all the early expansions to still clobber people with sixteen total fucking weeks of PoP. Totally burned on on raiding the Elemental Planes and Time? Well now we can bolt some LDoNs right on top.
Being in a leadership role in this era gets absolutely brutal in the final stretch. You get to the tail end of PoP and no one wants to do EPs anymore(which is fair, so you cut out EPs for the most part) and they're all looking forward to LDoN while forgetting how dog shit they are. Then halfway through LDoN no one wants to do LDoNs anymore because they remember how dog shit they are. So you've got this 3-4 week period(on Rizlona LDoN was 2 months not 1) where everyone is just miserable with raid content. We did absolutely everything we could to stymie attrition - we'd regularly do trivia on discord, have other contests, etc. Thankfully it worked; we actually went into GoD with more active mains than we started PoP with, but it wasn't fucking easy.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
you need to first amass like 6 or 12 krono and get your laptop game up... then every year you re-roll and just farm the highest group camp each new expansion... eventually you start getting more krono then you need to maintain subs then just sell that shit on redguides cmon bra i know you can do that... even moreso, you do this each server release on a new set of accounts that you then sell each year
Do some classes sell for a lot more than others on these TLPs? Like I imagine my chosen classes (SK, NEC, Enc) are probably abundant in the marketplace.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Popular classes are probably harder to gear well though, since there is more competition, right? So, a fully geared _______ ( war, bard, monk, w/e) might fetch a bunch.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In terms of raw dollars and demand the raid-geared warrior typically commands the biggest numbers. They also generate the most salt and are easy to identify. I think every guild I've been in has had at least one tank cash out during with a bunch of big ticket items and becoming the guild's running joke.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's weird they haven't messed with ZEMs or done hotzones for TLPs.

Seems like such an easy way to give a fresh experience where people don't feel compelled to following the exact leveling path for the 10th time

That's why a lot of us talk about TSS start servers, because the leveling path would be totally different and new to most people. Before TSS the leveling path is pretty much the same for ages. A couple expansions later it's all about hot zones and Teek. So really the only time TSS's leveling path gets used is like, TSS/TBS/SOF, and only by people creating new characters during that timeframe. A TSS launch would have everyone going through that path and it's a really awesome path. Sunderock Springs is one of my favorite zones and my favorite place to go from like 60-70.

Selo server is great for a few months but burns out really fast. One month is just far to fast for the main server that year.

A mangler or mischief copy as main server
A selo style server as server two

That might work

If they do a Mischief server AND a Selo server in competition with each other...be interesting to see what happens. It'd probably split everyone here up. Usually one server gets the hardcore people gravitating to it and the other gets the casual audience. Interested to see what would happen under this scenario. It'd make it very difficult to decide which server to play on for me, when I'll probably already have choice paralysis on classes. Mischief would probably win by a comfortable margin though. I'd like to see a Selo 2 at a time when it doesn't have the massive competition of a Mischief 2.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they do a Mischief server AND a Selo server in competition with each other...be interesting to see what happens. It'd probably split everyone here up. Usually one server gets the hardcore people gravitating to it and the other gets the casual audience. Interested to see what would happen under this scenario. It'd make it very difficult to decide which server to play on for me, when I'll probably already have choice paralysis on classes. Mischief would probably win by a comfortable margin though. I'd like to see a Selo 2 at a time when it doesn't have the massive competition of a Mischief 2.

As long as Selo is not the main server it will be ok. Selo/Vaniki style servers are dead in 4-5 months. So they have to do the main server as a slower classic start server.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Do some classes sell for a lot more than others on these TLPs? Like I imagine my chosen classes (SK, NEC, Enc) are probably abundant in the marketplace.
Assuming equivalent levels of gear, tanks, cleric/shaman and whatever the best current DPS class is, from what I've observed. Druids, silk classes, and chain DPS seem to be of middling value at best. Of the accounts I've sold, I've had my well geared box clerics go for almost as much as my raid geared tank.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Don't sell toons because it's kinda BM to sell toons your friends helped you gear out without giving them a cut IMO.

But from what i've been told long term clickies TA, Cleric epic are the pieces of gear that really matter

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Don't sell toons because it's kinda BM to sell toons your friends helped you gear out without giving them a cut IMO.

But from what i've been told long term clickies TA, Cleric epic are the pieces of gear that really matter
It's kinda BM, but no one gives a fuck if you're quitting anyways. There's always next xpac.

Best cashout times are a month into classic or earlier, mid Velious, or mid PoP I'd wager.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Eh, they can sell anytime they want if they want their value. They helped you and you helped them already so not sure why you would owe them more.

Or think of it more like the EQ character as being a share of stock. It has value whether sold or not; they're just merely choosing to hold.

I think it's only shitty if you just joined and got geared or only joined with the aim of selling because then it was a disproportionate investment. If a long time guildie sells out because they're quitting EQ, good for them.