EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
They don't have much of a guild bank to raid.

He also used to push Merchandise onto his guild, no idea how well it sold, if at all. Dude was 100% a grifter.

image0.jpg

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
He also used to push Merchandise onto his guild, no idea how well it sold, if at all. Dude was 100% a grifter.

image0.jpg
that crafty devil, he spent hundreds of hours leading a guild all for the tens of dollars me probably made selling mugs. Literally worse than hitler.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lots of people appeared to have quit or burned out during pop era. I don't know if it was more or less than is typical, and there's plenty of room for it being polarizing and those that stayed especially loved it... but yeah, lots quit. Pop era is way too long and 70s era is way way way (3x more than needed) too long.

How about this

Selo-type server with either FV or Mischief loot, Velious start
Velious - First month
Luclin - 1 month
PoP+LoY+LDoN+GoD - 1 month
OoW+DoN+DoD+PoR - 1 month
TSS+TBS - 1 month
SoF - 1 month
SoD - 1 month
Underfoot - 2 months
etc etc, give 2 months to the high-content later expansions like EoK and Burning Lands so that people have more time to farm them and not totally fall behind the curve.

This has TSS and onward starting 4 months into the server, gets rid of the attrition, and means a ton more people will actually see later expansions who never saw them before.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So I’m leveling a cleric in Unrest on Agnarr because… hell just because - anyway I see in general that Faceless Rapiers is coming soon to TLP 2023.

Damn that’s tempting.

I went to take the name "Faceless Rapiers" because I don't think they're smart enough to park it in advance, but it was taken. So either someone else got to jacking the name quicker than I did, or they're actually parking the name to use on the new server. What a bunch of clowns

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I went to take the name "Faceless Rapiers" because I don't think they're smart enough to park it in advance, but it was taken. So either someone else got to jacking the name quicker than I did, or they're actually parking the name to use on the new server. What a bunch of clowns
Have you considered Faceless Rapeier?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

image0.jpg

I see lady-knees in this picture, which means he also wants us to think that he has sex.

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
How about this

Selo-type server with either FV or Mischief loot, Velious start
Velious - First month
Luclin - 1 month
PoP+LoY+LDoN+GoD - 1 month
OoW+DoN+DoD+PoR - 1 month
TSS+TBS - 1 month
SoF - 1 month
SoD - 1 month
Underfoot - 2 months
etc etc, give 2 months to the high-content later expansions like EoK and Burning Lands so that people have more time to farm them and not totally fall behind the curve.

This has TSS and onward starting 4 months into the server, gets rid of the attrition, and means a ton more people will actually see later expansions who never saw them before.
This feels like one really long burn out, kinda of like a yelinak repeat.

You’d never run into walls but I think you’d end up with some big separation in guild progression quickly, unless you had no keying or flagging needed.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Rumor has it the guy responsible for the "Rapier" guilds originally wanted or tried to create <Convicted Rapiers> as his first guild before eventually landing on the first iteration which was <Bloody Rapiers> (on Phinny IIRC).

Says what you need to know about how cringey this fucker is.

• 1Cringe

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Subtle rape joke is like 3/10 cringy on an eq tlp. Also still a better name than original gangster club or amtrak. I've learned not to judge by the quality of the name.

Also, if you join a random tlp guild and expect the guild bank to go anywhere EXCEPT into the leaders wallet sometime between kunark and gates and maybe again before tss, you're a real optimist. Getting a parcel on selo was quite unexpected. At this point it's like the US government to me. I just assume.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
That's why I've noticed a recent trend on TLPs for guilds to not carry much of a guildbank, people are cottoning on to the fact that at some point the guild will fold and somebody will walk away with it.

Last few guilds I was in, anything tradeable and not needed for a main raider was just rolled out in the window, way it should be IMO.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
If anyone remembers this far back, the early days of Phinny server where a monk terrorised groups in Unrest for a week or more. It was the same guy, and he's such an attention whore he would post his own bans to reddit for attention.

He also streamed himself training his own guildies in the Hole on a later TLP, it was a twitch clip but not sure where to find that one.

Yeah I'm coming across as a bit stalky, I just remember running into this clown on multiple servers and have just enough google fu to dig up some of the stuff I remember.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wasn't there also some drama on Mischief involving a female guildie and nudez? My buddy saw/read it go down in Commonlands OOC. Something about him pressuring her to send pics. Not sure if it was legit or a troll. I just remember being amused that it was that dipshit guild again.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't there also some drama on Mischief involving a female guildie and nudez? My buddy saw/read it go down in Commonlands OOC. Something about him pressuring her to send pics. Not sure if it was legit or a troll. I just remember being amused that it was that dipshit guild again.
I feel like that happens on every TLP.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, so far it sounds like the Rapists are the guild to beat on the new servers.

• 1Worf

Greyman

Trakanon Raider

Yeah I remember one person ranting about that for days and being mocked for it. Don't think it was Rapiers though, but can't recall exactly which guild was accused, If I saw names again I'd remember.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Redownloading EQ now, just not sure where to hang out while waiting on new servers.

TSS dropping on Mischief soon? loved that expac so might have to roll something up or dust off one of my 65's.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Redownloading EQ now, just not sure where to hang out while waiting on new servers.

TSS dropping on Mischief soon? loved that expac so might have to roll something up or dust off one of my 65's.
Tomorrow