EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
Dude aren’t you like literally crazy? Your guy probably lives in a “simulation” or some shit.

I'm the simulation guy, Jasker.

I have no affiliation with Jasper and don't know who he is other than him strangely not saying wtf no about sim stuff when he shouldn't have any idea

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule lightning can you tag me and jasper respectively with not jasper and not jasker?

Impersonation is illegal

I don't want my bros like BoozeCube BoozeCube and Szeth Szeth not knowing who they are talking to.

Anyways much love to you guys

And can't wait for this release where I will strangely disappointed

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm

I have no affiliation with Jasper and don't know who he is other than him strangely not saying wtf no about sim stuff when he shouldn't have any idea

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule lightning can you tag me and jasper respectively with not jasper and not jasker?

Impersonation is illegal

I don't want my bros like BoozeCube BoozeCube and Szeth Szeth not knowing who they are talking to.

I did kinda wonder what he was talking about, but just assumed he was trying to creatively insult me, or some shit. 🤷‍♂️

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
As a side note, can they stop releasing these things in May when most of the northern hemisphere can finally start doing outdoor stuff again after being stuck indoors for 4-5 months. Release these things in early November or something.

Seriously!

I just checked in with my guy and he says details Soon, and they will also make everyone mad.

• 1EyeRoll

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

Impersonation is illegal

So what you’re saying is there’s a replica of you in the simulation?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Begun these Pepe wars have.
I fire up EQ every day with the intention of fixing my UI and I end up spending hours shuffling bank junk around and getting nothing done.

I hope they get real ui scaling working before the new server. I'm getting so damn old and blind. It works pretty well on the inventory gump.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I fire up EQ every day with the intention of fixing my UI and I end up spending hours shuffling bank junk around and getting nothing done.

I hope they get real ui scaling working before the new server. I'm getting so damn old and blind. It works pretty well on the inventory gump.
I'm waiting for Mischief to get to SoD before I jump back in. Am curious to see how it all works out. I was only using minimalist last time around.

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
So what you’re saying is there’s a replica of you in the simulation?

I really got to start making a documentary about the simulation hah.

So anytime im negative or make a bad comment or talk shit or say 'meh i could pass on this song' in my mind, a car loses its shit outside and the muffler is louder than like 140 decibels. It's horrifying that not only is it 'this is the likely scenario of whats occuring' to wait, no, 'im actually trapped in some sort of holographic or fake universe'.

I try to get a girlfriend. Not allowed.

Try to get a meaningful job in information technology, not allowed.

Try to persevere and make something of my life through creative outlets, not allowed.

Yesterday I went to restaurant in florida and i begged the manager to let this homeless guy i know have a shot at a dishwashing job. I got him to the interview. I went to walmart and bought him clothes (previously got him a bunch of food). we went to his first interview yesterday and he got a second one for today.

Today i show up at the park where he was waiting for me, he's stoned or fucked up. The clothes i got him covered by his tattered clothes. I spent Over $100 on him altogether. He says he's too cold (75+ degrees) and doesnt want to wear the nice clothes as he stumbles around from whatever he smoked.

So I start waking away after telling him im sorry im not equipt to deal with this any longer. I have to be straight with him because i walk the park he sleeps at a lot to get exercise. he looks at me about to kill me.

Last night i donated to another homeless guy, bread and water and a soup can.

I'm not showing off, because you know all of this already, this isnt a brag. But today my day is shit. and the point is::::::::::::::

Try to make a difference in the world, not allowed.

AKA

Try to groundhog day - perfect day scenario, not allowed and doesnt work.

Try to kill myself, yew seeds, not allowed. Gun, blacklisted.

A month ago i donated $450 dollars to charity after giving a kid in need half of my stuff, about $2.5k worth, i had the worst week of my life afterword. I thought it was a nice thing to do, and i thought god or the creator would ease up, but like i said, proceeded one of the worst weeks.

I'm starting to show genuine signs of schizophrenia where i perceive taylor swift as gaslighting me in my mind and she has been doing this for a bit now.

This entities hatred never ends. I cant even kill myself.

I felt the poison course through my veins 8 months ago from enough yew to kill an elephant, i woke up fine 20 minutes later after passing out.

My cat, Jasker, got some sort of brain disease where he became super aggressive. He cut the vet so bad that i couldnt get the medicine he needed to go to florida with me from new york, and i couldnt really do anything with him anymore because i started to get scared of him. He was really my only fucking friend. I tried giving him to a shelter i volunteered at for a year or so. The shelter told me they couldnt take him, and they wanted to put him down. They spoke to me like i was trash and like they didnt know how many man hours i spent scooping up after the strays of new york.

All I know in this life is evil.

I got to get the fuck out of here

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

So anytime im negative or make a bad comment or talk shit or say 'meh i could pass on this song' in my mind, a car loses its shit outside and the muffler is louder than like 140 decibels. It's horrifying that not only is it 'this is the likely scenario of whats occuring' to wait, no, 'im actually trapped in some sort of holographic or fake universe'.

Try to persevere and make something of my life through creative outlets, not allowed.

Yesterday I went to restaurant in florida and i begged the manager to let this homeless guy i know have a shot at a dishwashing job. I got him to the interview. I went to walmart and bought him clothes (previously got him a bunch of food). we went to his first interview yesterday and he got a second one for today.

Today i show up at the park where he was waiting for me, he's stoned or fucked up. The clothes i got him covered by his tattered clothes. I spent Over $100 on him altogether. He says he's too cold (75+ degrees) and doesnt want to wear the nice clothes as he stumbles around from whatever he smoked.

So I start waking away after telling him im sorry im not equipt to deal with this any longer. I have to be straight with him because i walk the park he sleeps at a lot to get exercise. he looks at me about to kill me.

I'm not showing off, because you know all of this already, this isnt a brag. But today my day is shit. and the point is::::::::::::::

AKA

A month ago i donated $450 dollars to charity after giving a kid in need half of my stuff, about $2.5k worth, i had the worst week of my life afterword. I thought it was a nice thing to do, and i thought god or the creator would ease up, but like i said, proceeded one of the worst weeks.

I'm starting to show genuine signs of schizophrenia where i perceive taylor swift as gaslighting me in my mind and she has been doing this for a bit now.

I felt the poison course through my veins 8 months ago from enough yew to kill an elephant, i woke up fine 20 minutes later after passing out.

My cat, Jasker, got some sort of brain disease where he became super aggressive. He cut the vet so bad that i couldnt get the medicine he needed to go to florida with me from new york, and i couldnt really do anything with him anymore because i started to get scared of him. He was really my only fucking friend. I tried giving him to a shelter i volunteered at for a year or so. The shelter told me they couldnt take him, and they wanted to put him down. They spoke to me like i was trash and like they didnt know how many man hours i spent scooping up after the strays of new york.

So you telling me we are looking at free trade pvp server coming up?

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

AKA

Let me ask you a question. Do you make your bed every day?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

AKA

Your proof of being in a simulation is that the universe is apathetic and doesn't magically reward you with shit?

Most people call that "life"

Jasper

AKA

Sounds like you need some professional help man. Hang in there.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
The world, like Norrath, is tough, Jasper. Think about this, though. You walk into Sol A at lvl 18 and loin cloth for gear and you know what happens. You get fucked. Gain a few levels, get yourself a few hp rings, bring some friends that aren’t retarded, and next thing you know you’re too strong for that zone.

Life is the same. Level up a bit before you try to help out the bums, that’s a level 35 quest and you’re only lvl 10. Do the little things right and reduce the stress of the shit you can control, then realize you have gained a lvl and you can handle some more.

• 1Like

Jasper

The world, like Norrath, is tough, Jasper. Think about this, though. You walk into Sol A at lvl 18 and loin cloth for gear and you know what happens. You get fucked. Gain a few levels, get yourself a few hp rings, bring some friends that aren’t retarded, and next thing you know you’re too strong for that zone.

Life is the same. Level up a bit before you try to help out the bums, that’s a level 35 quest and you’re only lvl 10. Do the little things right and reduce the stress of the shit you can control, then realize you have gained a lvl and you can handle some more.

Jasker ;)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

AKA

If the proof that this is all a simulation is the fact that nothing you do leads to good things happening, then what if good things DID come from you actions? Good/changed environment around you could STILL be part of the simulation. You're definition of what makes this a simulation is easily flawed.

For instance, what if I am an NPC, and you posting this here was part of a secret quest created just for you waiting for you to say those very specific quest trigger words in this thread? If things start going good for you from here on out, it might be that you succeeded at the quest I had to offer. Simulation... or not... you decide.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

AKA

I get it. Naw, not just saying "I get it" to be empathetic even though I don't. I actually do get it. I've run into roadblock after roadblock and denial after denial for my entire life to the point of ridiculousness.

Yes, life is unfair. Yes, life doesn't hand people anything. But I've dealt with so many very specific roadblocks being dropped in my way that I find it completely believable that the Powers That Be are fucking with me on purpose. I could go down the list and explain why but it would take like 3 pages and maybe that can be its own thread later: "Is Rajaah Cursed?" or something like that. Because a ton of my experiences make zero goddamn sense. Even people who have bad luck and a rough go of it look at me and wonder why absolutely nothing seems to go "correctly" with or around me.

Sounds to me like you're in a similar boat and have been at it for long enough that the "curse" has driven you off the deep end, or is close to doing so. Sometimes I think maybe that's the point of it. Told people in the past that I think someone has a "voodoo doll" of me (due to playing whack-a-mole with physical issues) and that I feel like some deity's "chew toy" after a while. Like we're here to be serially messed-with until we give up.

Well, don't. Nothing may work the way it's supposed to, but if you go off the deep end, then the curse or bad luck or whatever it is wins.

Edaw Edaw What about making the bed? That'd be an indicator of depression but I'm not sure what your question is really asking.

I echo the advice of seeking professional help. Gotta find the right help though. If someone isn't helping, try someone else. And don't let them saddle you with a bunch of drugs unless you want worse schizophrenia. A therapist and simply someone to talk to at least once a week will do you a huge favor I think.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Just found an inside woman that gives me info. She told me April for the news on the server.

Unique person. Do not share.

She also told me EverQuest 1 and 2 are still in development and are releasing new expansions. Breaking news.

• 1Like
  • 1Blown
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I get it. Naw, not just saying "I get it" to be empathetic even though I don't. I actually do get it. I've run into roadblock after roadblock and denial after denial for my entire life to the point of ridiculousness.

Yes, life is unfair. Yes, life doesn't hand people anything. But I've dealt with so many very specific roadblocks being dropped in my way that I find it completely believable that the Powers That Be are fucking with me on purpose. I could go down the list and explain why but it would take like 3 pages and maybe that can be its own thread later: "Is Rajaah Cursed?" or something like that. Because a ton of my experiences make zero goddamn sense. Even people who have bad luck and a rough go of it look at me and wonder why absolutely nothing seems to go "correctly" with or around me.

Sounds to me like you're in a similar boat and have been at it for long enough that the "curse" has driven you off the deep end, or is close to doing so. Sometimes I think maybe that's the point of it. Told people in the past that I think someone has a "voodoo doll" of me (due to playing whack-a-mole with physical issues) and that I feel like some deity's "chew toy" after a while. Like we're here to be serially messed-with until we give up.

Well, don't. Nothing may work the way it's supposed to, but if you go off the deep end, then the curse or bad luck or whatever it is wins.

Edaw Edaw What about making the bed? That'd be an indicator of depression but I'm not sure what your question is really asking.

I echo the advice of seeking professional help. Gotta find the right help though. If someone isn't helping, try someone else. And don't let them saddle you with a bunch of drugs unless you want worse schizophrenia. A therapist and simply someone to talk to at least once a week will do you a huge favor I think.
While this has nothing to do with EQ or the new TLP server coming out, I have to reply because the algorithm in the matrix is forcing that sub routine to be ran for me right now.

Ahem... Bad things happen to everybody all the time... all... the... time.

The difference between you and those people you think have "good luck" or "everything always goes good for them" is multifaceted, but two major factors play in to it; their choices of what to do and their reaction to the results.

First off, the choices you make in life actually do matter. As much as we want that homeless person to be a good human being deep down inside, the reality is that there is a super high percentage chance that they are not. You have to look at the situation and realize that you probably are not going to get a positive result, and accept that possibility if it in fact comes to fruition. You took a big gamble with the odds stacked against you, and you lost. The problem is how you reacted to the result.

Which brings us to the other part of it; your reactions to the results. A lot of people in this world that have "bad luck" or "things always go wrong for me" have one big thing in common; they see the world through a glass half empty perspective. No matter what the outcome is, these people take it as the world is ending. My own brother is like this all the time. He sees everything as being bad, everything and everyone is out to get him, and no matter what the outcome is, it was going to fail no matter what in the first place in his mind. While that may or may not be the case, you're reacting negatively to all outcomes.

In the case of the homeless person you tried to help, you should have looked at that as a positive rather than a negative. Yes, the homeless person still is homeless and nothing good came of HIS life, but you did a very positive thing taking a chance on him. That's the positive side of this story. You should walk away from that experience feeling good about the fact that you tried to make a difference, and temper your disappointment with the fact that you were taking a gamble with very, very high odds stacked against you.

Nobody is out to get your, and you're not cursed. You just are making high risk choices and putting all of your hopes on them turning out with good results. It's not a good place to put yourself. Make wiser choices, and don't let the failures in life get you down. Every failure you encounter is an experience for which you at least TRIED to make a difference and you ultimately gained knowledge and wisdom from the outcome. It's only negative if YOU make it negative in your mind.

Now... you have earned 1,000 experience. Click Ok to continue.

• 1Like