EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a couple reasons to do classic world. Familiarity, PROBABLY lower population, and of course some of the classic loot pool that won't be seen in Kunark zones. Still some BiS stuff like GEBS, FBSS (for about 2 weeks before the CoF/RBB explosion), and even Mith 2hander is very solid until people are putting down Chardok reliably. It does seem super boring and kind of a waste of a Kunark release, but it's just an efficiency thing. I'd love to see people fucking around in Dalnir's and giant fort in FM and stuff, but the sweaty pros know that because ZEM exists, it's just not worth it. I really, REALLY wish they just normalized everything (give it all the 46% treatment) so people can just level where they want to level. Also opens up a lot of soloing venues for people who can't get a group/don't want to get a group.

Zones like The Overthere and Dreadlands are cool because it's infinite pull-and-pick mobs, but even with OT's decent ZEM, it just sucks compared to something like LGuk or Sol B. I really wish they gave more viability for these zones. But for people trying to ENJOY EverQuest, they should hit the spot for that weird late 20's early 30's stretch.

Ot had a horrifyingly terrible zem during selo, and I have no reason to assume it isnt still that way. Both loio and ot were nerfed into the dirt at some point. Com and hs were also totally shit on, in some separate act. All 4 of these zones just expect to be super disappointed.

We just never saw it. It takes time to set up that much shit, much less level it all, and then when its leveled, you never see them because theyre in AOC's mostly. Setting up the software, creating each character, gathering them all to the same spots, and then going through the noobie levels which is the bigger pain in the ass for boxes (imo). These groups were at most, an entire level range behind those of us that hit launch. I imagine in the later expansions, it's probably easier to fuck off into the less used areas that @Tuco is trying to tri.. encourage people to use because there are so many mobs up in comparison to the heavily camped areas. Especially since loot is random.

Its not like the software to control all the PC's didnt exist at that point. Nor was Mischief, or the servers since, the first time that a single piece of loot has been worth the entire box crews sub in Krono price and with the Mischief Ruleset, you get double loot. The allure is there if thats how you want to play.

Its the guys that do Power Leveling that make me wonder what the fuck is going on in their head. Like holy shit is that some mind numbing shit for what, ~24 bucks an hour? /gag

Kunark zones are generally dense enough to never run dry but wide enough to not have too much crawling on top of each other. Its actually nice, I think, as it doesnt outright replace the old meta but instead gives people alternatives so that you never have to feel like you are being frustrated out of content. For example, droga instead of lguk for the 30s, the xp is probably a bit worse but you simply cannot run out of mobs in droga like what usually happens in guk.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Kunark zones are generally dense enough to never run dry but wide enough to not have too much crawling on top of each other. Its actually nice, I think, as it doesnt outright replace the old meta but instead gives people alternatives so that you never have to feel like you are being frustrated out of content. For example, droga instead of lguk for the 30s, the xp is probably a bit worse but you simply cannot run out of mobs in droga like what usually happens in guk.
It also removes the mandatory need for a good enchanter when 7 mobs come into camp. Infinitely easier with 1-3 mobs in an outdoor zone with room to breath. "Just have the druid deal with it."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Really wish they'd figure out a way to adjust ZEMs. It would really breathe some life into the experience.

Have they given a reason as to why they can't? Just a complicated game code issue?

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
They've adjusted ZEMs plenty over the years on TLPs, they just refuse to tell us which ones and by how much because "reasons" people tend to figure it out for themselves eventually.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where's Sam Deathwalker when you need him? Imagine his power with modern day tools.
Looney Tunes Rabbit GIF

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dalnir is actually very good xp and loot. It's mostly casters which have low hp but you need to not play like shit but it's very worth the trek.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Unsurprisingly, the low levels dont really change all that much. Other Classic zones with higher ZEM's will shave multiple hours off of your leveling path. BUT - if you're not racing to 60, then it doesnt much matter where you go as long as your group is having fun. It's partly why I wished they would have added hot zones for Teek. Droga, Nurga, Veksar, Kurns, Dalnir, - all of those barely get any use other than high levels trying to raise faction or complete quests. CoM, and HS are used, but sparingly. OS and Chardok hog the spotlight for Kunark.

Droga/Nurga/Dalnir/Kaesora all being hotzones would have been tremendous for giving people a bunch of leveling paths.

As for Kurns, it'll be as good as usual but I expect a huge amount of people to be crowded in there.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
What in the fuck are you racing using 'the only ZEM path'

Wanna go to kunark for a change of scenery just fucking go there? Bunch of mid 40's dads takin the week off to race to end game by doing the shit they've done 10 times before, god forbid it might take you a few more hours to reach 60 by going to a different place.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Wanna go to kunark for a change of scenery just fucking go there? Bunch of mid 40's dads takin the week off to race to end game by doing the shit they've done 10 times before, god forbid it might take you a few more hours to reach 60 by going to a different place.
I played EQ as a child - Im in my late 30's, old man.

Besides, your same logic works against itself in the same breath. Ive done this shit 10 times before, why the fuck would I go anywhere but the best options?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I played EQ as a child - Im in my late 30's, old man.

Besides, your same logic works against itself in the same breath. Ive done this shit 10 times before, why the fuck would I go anywhere but the best options?
Then my post is not for you? it's for all the people who are lamenting not being able to go anywhere else cause OMG MY ZEMS I WISH IT WAS JUST THAT MUCH MORE XP.

Who cares, level where the fuck you feel like.

There are other advantages than THE ZEEEEEEEEEEEMS to fucking level in other places. Get a leg up on sarnak faction for SWC as you level instead of fucking doing that shit at 60 for no xp. Get some flagging pieces for HS in kaesora and LOIO. Farm HS for less XP but crazy amount of named per wing etc etc.

• 1Picard

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You are a decade off. Its not about the racing for me and my wife. It is about the fun we have had and continue to share going through the classic zones together. I have no intention of racing and even if I did, I would have no illusion of winning. Not everyone taking the first week off is "OMG HARDCORE MUST BE THE BEST". Some of us just want to enjoy the server.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
You are a decade off. Its not about the racing for me and my wife. It is about the fun we have had and continue to share going through the classic zones together. I have no intention of racing and even if I did, I would have no illusion of winning. Not everyone taking the first week off is "OMG HARDCORE MUST BE THE BEST". Some of us just want to enjoy the server.

Again ....repeating myself

If you enjoy the old world zone and that tickles your pickle, go for it, knock your socks off.

if you're one of these people who lament not 'being able' to use kunark zones cause THE ZEEEEMS then my post was for you.

Looks like you enjoy the old world progression, good for you and your wife.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any Dad guilds going on for this server? Just have zero time for the sweaty batphone life these days.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Does stuff like https://wiki.project1999.com/Siblisian_Berserker_Cloak get added to random named mob loot pools btw?

Frontier Mountains exp sucks dick but my god I have some good memories/nostalgia exping there in original Kunark on my Druid alt. Giant fort chaos + pulling wandering mobs etc. I hope there is a decent chunk that goes to Kunark so it feels nice and alive.

I don't know why they can't just balance the zems out and make more zones better. Just bump every zone up to a decent level imo. Who gives a fuck if an easier outdoor zone has a high zem. It's fun. Was it something like, they can't do it because it affects every server or some bullshit? Even that excuse is dumb nowadays.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Does stuff like https://wiki.project1999.com/Siblisian_Berserker_Cloak get added to random loot pools btw?

Frontier Mountains exp sucks dick but my god I have some good memories/nostalgia exping there in original Kunark on my Druid alt. Giant fort chaos + pulling wandering mobs etc. I hope there is a decent chunk that goes to Kunark so it feels nice and alive.

I don't know why they can't just balance the zems out and make more zones better. Just bump every zone up to a decent level imo. Who gives a fuck if an easier outdoor zone has a high zem. It's fun.
I don't believe that will be in the random loot pools since it's not attached to an actual named mob. Can check on magelo for sure if you want to spend a couple bucks on them (useful in general for knowing the random loot tables).

• 1Like