EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Just going to post this little gem before heading to bed.

I was finishing up the grind to 60 tonight in Chardok. Tucked myself into the korocust courier room off of bridge in the main pick.

Nineinchnails and Hocuspocus were training basically everyone all evening. They finally noticed me and then just sat there levitating over the pit just waiting for named to pop. Sure enough anytime a named spawned they would swoop in, try to ks, lose and proceed to spam chat and tells. Same shit as the previous evening.

So this went on for about an hour. I haven't said a word or responded to anything for two nights now.

Another named pops, they try to snipe it and fail and half my toons ding 60 off the kill, the rest the followup kill.

As they are standing there openly cursing me about and mocking me for boxing I finally decided to speak.

I just said "Oh Fitzgerald when will you learn?"

Then gated out my team and went afk for 20 min, Came back to about 14 pages of purple spam from Nineinchnails absolutely losing his fucking mind.

• 7Like
  • 7Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Is notmyproblem and idontcare still around or did they name change and/or get banned and roll up new necros?

Stover678

Lord Nagafen Raider
Despite playing since launch (which, to be fair, is only a bit over one month ago), I'm on the fence about this server. It's likely the old school EQ in me that feels that every rare mob being a potential random loot pinata is unnatural. On prior TLPs, I did not get up in arms about a box army or necro camping a named spawn. as this isn't 1999/2000 where even a minor upgrade increases the efficacy of your <insert stat/ability here>. Instead, most items last, at best, a few months until the next expansion or four-six months when most people give up the game post-SoV. On the other side, I do like the anticipation of seeing a named pop in camp and wondering what random loot it will drop. Seb ABC was amazing for this as I walked out with a some nice toys that normally do not drop in that camp. Plus, I got Seb lucky and won a RBG and Obulus Death Shroud (both of which I'll gladly part with for the right price). But, whatever...if it weren't for my static group, I'd likely have left a week or so ago.

All the above shit said, pulling in Chardok foreman/herb area sucks as a non-feign, non-pac class. Pathing blows and whomever coded that should die a horrible death (just like I did three time down there).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Might start this shit up but don't know what class to be. How are Shaman's in TLP or Rangers/Necro?

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Despite playing since launch (which, to be fair, is only a bit over one month ago), I'm on the fence about this server. It's likely the old school EQ in me that feels that every rare mob being a potential random loot pinata is unnatural. On prior TLPs, I did not get up in arms about a box army or necro camping a named spawn. as this isn't 1999/2000 where even a minor upgrade increases the efficacy of your <insert stat/ability here>. Instead, most items last, at best, a few months until the next expansion or four-six months when most people give up the game post-SoV. On the other side, I do like the anticipation of seeing a named pop in camp and wondering what random loot it will drop. Seb ABC was amazing for this as I walked out with a some nice toys that normally do not drop in that camp. Plus, I got Seb lucky and won a RBG and Obulus Death Shroud (both of which I'll gladly part with for the right price). But, whatever...if it weren't for my static group, I'd likely have left a week or so ago.

All the above shit said, pulling in Chardok foreman/herb area sucks as a non-feign, non-pac class. Pathing blows and whomever coded that should die a horrible death (just like I did three time down there).
The trick to pulling chardok is easy. pull with a dot and run. everything but the 1 mob leashes. or if you pull too much. just run. as long as you have some distance between the pull and your group, you can leash bad pulls very easily. and can split anything if you have room to outrange all but your 1 dotted target.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I personally like the random loot, simply because of what Sorrows is saying about that Necro and his box. On a regular server, they'll shit on a single camp to get that prized item repeatedly and that'll be it. Now instead, theyre sperging out over an entire zone trying to force people to leave so they can cherry pick every rare. Which in the end is just stressful to them, more so than the group on the receiving end. Look how that Necro is acting, hes losing his wits with that shit and its just as funny as it is pathetic.

Either way, Ive noticed Kunark is shaping up just like Classic. Play for a couple weeks, max out your characters slots and then just go all in on plat farm mode. But people like that Necro are just going to make leveling up that much more annoying for people in the weeks to come. Im hoping SoV will be better since a lot more BiS comes from raiding. I never played any other TLP, but Im sure people are going to be one grouping a lot of the skyshrine/kael armor pretty regularly for what I would assume is going to be the best plat farm.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What do these tards spam you when they fail to KS something?

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I personally like the random loot, simply because of what Sorrows is saying about that Necro and his box. On a regular server, they'll shit on a single camp to get that prized item repeatedly and that'll be it. Now instead, theyre sperging out over an entire zone trying to force people to leave so they can cherry pick every rare. Which in the end is just stressful to them, more so than the group on the receiving end. Look how that Necro is acting, hes losing his wits with that shit and its just as funny as it is pathetic.

Either way, Ive noticed Kunark is shaping up just like Classic. Play for a couple weeks, max out your characters slots and then just go all in on plat farm mode. But people like that Necro are just going to make leveling up that much more annoying for people in the weeks to come. Im hoping SoV will be better since a lot more BiS comes from raiding. I never played any other TLP, but Im sure people are going to be one grouping a lot of the skyshrine/kael armor pretty regularly for what I would assume is going to be the best plat farm.
Yup. The random loot is amazing. It'll be so hard to go back to a "regular" version of EQ. It's actually worth going to those odd/obscure zones that normally never get touched as exp areas, because the loot typically sucked ass. Did a Kaesora group last night and had a blast - the zone mod seemed insane as I was getting roughly the same exp/kill on blues as I did on reds in Lguk. I think in all the iterations of EQ I've played, I only ever remember seriously EXPing in that zone once, back during Kunark's actual release. Otherwise, it was always just rushing to Xalgoz for fangs.

Is the trick to getting Hasten the same? Just sit at the HG/Feerrott fork and wait for him or his PH to path around? Or has he changed recently? I sat at the spot for over an hour and never saw him or a PH wander through.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The pH will make a big loop around that southwestern area but you should have seen it eventually. Maybe someone was camping it closer to the spawn point?

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I always waited right at the bottom of that big hill he spawns on once I found his PH

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
What do these tards spam you when they fail to KS something?
There’s an unfortunate amount of mentally ill or heavily autistic retards in these games.

Aside from time constraints, it’s a big reason I couldn’t stand being in raid guilds back in 2000-2003 when I was playing. For example I was in “Club Fu” on Bristlebane briefly and the guild leader (Pouty) was some kinda megasperg with zero personality, no discernible sense of humor, no apparent capacity for empathy, etc. Hardly isolated — weird people latch onto these games.

If I recall correctly he was like 35 years old and living with his grandmother or something. Seemed to always be on 24/7.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
There’s an unfortunate amount of mentally ill or heavily autistic retards in these games.

Aside from time constraints, it’s a big reason I couldn’t stand being in raid guilds back in 2000-2003 when I was playing. For example I was in “Club Fu” on Bristlebane briefly and the guild leader (Pouty) was some kinda megasperg with zero personality, no discernible sense of humor, no apparent capacity for empathy, etc. Hardly isolated — weird people latch onto these games.

If I recall correctly he was like 35 years old and living with his grandmother or something. Seemed to always be on 24/7.

Welcome to the forums. Always nice to see fresh faces.

First-Time-meme-template-of-The-Ballad-of-Buster-Scruggs.jpg

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

you still won't say who you were on Bristlebane.