EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Post who you are in game (that we would actually know of) or shut the fuck up.

Simple as that.

And what will that prove or do?

Some of you guys are acting like you're part of a clan in rural Afghanistan and he insulted your tribal elders or something. The dude's just overly skeptical and probably not terribly familiar with the people making the dupe claims.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since people are saying 11k, I popped on and sold one krono as a test, 12k and got two tells within a few seconds. Probably could have gone higher. This is some seriously accelerated pricing.
Pretty crazy. Last I logged in was what a week ago for vacation and it was 6kish. That's a pretty intense jump in a week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>

Some of you guys are acting like you're part of a clan in rural Afghanistan and he insulted your tribal elders or something. The dude's just overly skeptical and probably not terribly familiar with the people making the dupe claims.
Movie Raise The Roof GIF by Star Wars

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm a bit surprised that Krono prices haven't shot up faster, even without some plat dupe. An overabundance of loot plus what appears to be a lot more people trying to snatch up krono seems like a good recipe for high prices for them.
raw plat has to come from the game, so krono price is limited in how much and how fast it can increase... unless there's a dupe.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't think you're wrong, but I think some context is missing. I was trying to sell at like 7k on Friday and people like Peepo were dumping at 8k. The rest of the day people had to dump closer to 8k, and then it was closer to 9k on Saturday as more payouts we sent out. The people paying that rate were almost entirely from our guild (or their item selling characters). The krono sellers are going to raise their prices when they see 80+ people trying to buy 500+ the current market value. I think things just steamrolled into price increase over the weekend, but the pricing didn't stabilize on Sunday when payouts stopped/decreased which is what was weird.

For context, the last time we dumped several million into the economy the price increased in a non-linear manner as well.
Oh, without a doubt there are going to be some "hops" here and there in the price. This happened a lot on Selo. But rarely does the price literally almost double in the span of 48hrs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
I guess what I am curious about is...What does daybreak do with respects to plat dupes? Should paranoid people wait before they sell any krono for plat? Or do any trades for that matter?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That doesn't count? Maybe I'm misremembering, but there were a few instances too of people saying they had lots to share on Atabishi that never really materialized either.
I feel like that materialized pretty fantastically. Does it get more incredible than claiming you beat up three Navy SEALs?

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>

I think it's more he wants to know how to do it so he can get in on this gravy train.

But if I'm reading between the lines of what Zaide is saying, then guild leadership is going to be implicated in duping millions of plat then this is the real EQ drama I've been waiting for. I have a few officers I'm certainly betting took part.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I think it's more he wants to know how to do it so he can get in on this gravy train.

But if I'm reading between the lines of what Zaide is saying, then guild leadership is going to be implicated in duping millions of plat then this is the real EQ drama I've been waiting for. I have a few officers I'm certainly betting took part.
excellent twin peaks GIF by HULU

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

tenor.gif

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
You caught me!

Nah, I just expect actual proof of things before I believe everything that is posted on the internet. In a time where every conversation is recorded and screenshot, where people can very easily record footage of anything in game, well it seems like some sort of proof would be possible.
why do you need proof, do you not trust the dozen people saying it exists here is this forum? Then you don't know this forum.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I feel like that materialized pretty fantastically. Does it get more incredible than claiming you beat up three Navy SEALs?

I once GOT beaten up by a single Navy lieutenant. A female one.

She was a Latina and really wanted to fight and I didn't really know what to do with that so I didn't fight back, just blocked a lot. TBH even if I had fought back I think she would have won though

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
if you know the bug or know someone whos exploiting it and didnt petition then you're a scumbag just like the exploiter - change my mind

so basically what im saying is that sieger is a scumbag because based on his comments about knowing proof and that he has 0 interest in the economy of mischief i can denote he rather not snitch on his boy

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you know the bug or know someone whos exploiting it and didnt petition then you're a scumbag just like the exploiter - change my mind

so basically what im saying is that sieger is a scumbag because based on his comments about knowing proof and that he has 0 interest in the economy of mischief i can denote he rather not snitch on his boy
You have no idea what he did, he may well be in direct contact with people at daybreak, you don't know. For sure Zaide said something.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Sieger seems to have had somebody put a fucking shitload of plat into trade. What is he going to do?

"DAYBREAK! SOMEBODY TRIED TO TRADE ME 9 BILLION PLAT!!!!!" - Ok? Unless the person specifically laid out how he acquired it, what do you report? Sure, you can understand that amount of platinum in Kunark is sus as fuck, but you have no idea how they got it or if it isn't even just a possible display bug.