EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Sterling

El Presidente
no pot, no bonus xp, i did in 128 stack batches since i had 2 40 slot bags, so each of my trips was worth 2 with just backpacks. only other xp was turning in the noob note,

stacks > level
128 - 16
256 - 20
384 - 23
512 - 25
640 - 27
768 - 29
896 - 30
1024 - 31
1152 - 33
1280 - 34
1408 - 35
1536 - 36
1664 - 37
1792 - 37
1920 - 38
2048 - 39
2176 - 39
then less than a dozen stacks to hit 40 from that point.

being as how the character i was doing it on was a bard and i had a porter, the travel was much less of a thing for me than most people. I did this very casually over a few hours while rewatching Bladerunner 2049 and Sicario because Denis Villeneuve is awesome and all the Dune hype forced me to do it. ~ 1.5 kroner worth of plat to not have to deal with leveling up to where the character can group with 60s is totally fine by me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
64k ears or literally 64k STACKS? If it's the latter, holy fucking shit.

64 stacks, not 64k. Each 64 stacks gets you less and less exp. So 64 stacks will get you 1-13, then another 64 stacks will get you 13-17, and it keeps decreasing.

2200 stacks to reach 40 seems high, but I admit I wasn't keeping track when I got a character to the high 30's with them. Far as I know it took around 500 stacks. It was also during the bonus, so it'd be like 900 stacks now.

In retrospect, yeah, full bank + parcel definitely isn't enough to get 40. Maybe 25. Hard to say. If one turned these in over, say, Labor Day weekend bonus it'd be significantly better.

Edit: I'd take Sterling's numbers over mine because it looks like he kept track, I didn't. I'm mainly going off of how much plat I had before and after (think it cost me around 4k to get a char to 38...again, this was during bonus though)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
no pot, no bonus xp, i did in 128 stack batches since i had 2 40 slot bags, so each of my trips was worth 2 with just backpacks. only other xp was turning in the noob note,

stacks > level
128 - 16
256 - 20
384 - 23
512 - 25
640 - 27
768 - 29
896 - 30
1024 - 31
1152 - 33
1280 - 34
1408 - 35
1536 - 36
1664 - 37
1792 - 37
1920 - 38
2048 - 39
2176 - 39
then less than a dozen stacks to hit 40 from that point.

being as how the character i was doing it on was a bard and i had a porter, the travel was much less of a thing for me than most people. I did this very casually over a few hours while rewatching Bladerunner 2049 and Sicario because Denis Villeneuve is awesome and all the Dune hype forced me to do it. ~ 1.5 kroner worth of plat to not have to deal with leveling up to where the character can group with 60s is totally fine by me.
I don't think I could stomach that many turn-ins with fucking EQs dated ass UI system. I'll probably just red-win my newbs to 25ish and then PL from there.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Day late and a dollar short, but a trick I was using for those turn ins was to have a secondary character buy about 40 more stacks and have them trade to the primary character while their inventory was full.

It would then load those 40 stacks on your cursor and save a trip or two.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I might have mailed 4 million rat ears to a few various alts that will only be logged on when they are to be harvested.

Future beastlord account has multiple 40 slot bags full ready for that shared bank shuffle as well.

If they end up nerfing the quest itself I'm out a couple of krono worth of plat I just spend on garbage anyway. Or i'll get a 30+ beastlord and go right into the PL grind after about an hour of turn ins.

Bring an allure wand on an enchanter if you are doing this on luclin launch. Some assclown will try to kill Rephas.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
The most efficient way I found for this was...

buy 8 fresh backpacks on the toons
buy 8 fresh backpacks on the druid

druid buys all the rat ears and just trades all 8 backpacks to the newbie in exchange for 8 empty backpacks
druid ports back to commonlands to buy more rat ears

newbie turns in 4 stacks of rat ears and has stuff hanging on the cursor. You just pick up a new stack of rat ears by placing your cooked rat ears into that bag slot where the current 1000 rat ears are sitting, and then do the same for the next 3 stacks. This allows you to turn in all 8 bags full without ever deleting or dropping anything until the very end.

What you're left with at the end is 20ish items on your cursor that you drop/destroy, but that's it. Then you trade the 8 backpacks full of shit back to the druid who gives you 8 backpacks full of new rat ears and the druid can easily sell everything but just selling the contents of each bag. Which takes 10x less time than destroying/dropping stacks 1 at a time.

This was when I was trying 6 toons at once. So, I'd be non stop turning in while the druid went and bought more. Kept myself pretty busy. But, it becomes really terrible as soon as another person shows up.

Sterling

El Presidente
I might have mailed 4 million rat ears to a few various alts that will only be logged on when they are to be harvested.

Future beastlord account has multiple 40 slot bags full ready for that shared bank shuffle as well.

If they end up nerfing the quest itself I'm out a couple of krono worth of plat I just spend on garbage anyway. Or i'll get a 30+ beastlord and go right into the PL grind after about an hour of turn ins.

Bring an allure wand on an enchanter if you are doing this on luclin launch. Some assclown will try to kill Rephas.
i mean even quest xp nerfed, red wine is still a thing. I'd be curious as to what the relative cost of red wine vs rat ears is now compared to relative plat value of krono between and luclin is. Either way this this is pretty whatever since i'm sure anyone sandbagging 4000 stacks of rat ears can probably red wine in luclin just fine lol.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Each of the throwaway level 1 toons I mailed 260 stacks to to cover the 1-20 turn ins for any new characters I make later on.

Beastlord i'll make 100% no question. The rest are for however many eventual berserkers I make or whatever other fun toons I feel like cranking out.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just a reminder that XP potions do not affect quest experience.

Also, quest XP is nerfed so that you get less XP total among all characters than if you had turned it in solo.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm finding myself not logging in as much lately. It's a cycle with me and this game. Every TLP that comes around, I end up playing, and then at some point I am like meh and stop logging in.

I just don't get it. I do like EQ. I've liked it for over 2 decades now, but it can not keep my interest long term no matter what.

And, when I look at other games in the genre, they just don't have anything to make me want to play them either. Maybe I've outgrown MMORPGs... that's fucking sad because MMORPGs have been a huge part of my life for a long ass time now. It's honestly a pisser to realize your chosen hobby of the past two decades just isn't fun for you anymore.

Honestly, the one game that held my interest longer than anything else here this past year was Valheim, and it's not even a MMORPG.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just a reminder that XP potions do not affect quest experience.

Also, quest XP is nerfed so that you get less XP total among all characters than if you had turned it in solo.

I was just headed here to post this. Someone mentioned having a pot running earlier. Exp pots won't speed up quest exp so it's a waste. It isn't until (very) late in the game, like level 100, where exp pots and Lesson of the Devoted actually affect some quest/mission rewards.

And yeah, turning in rat ears solo is the way to go. Not sure if folks are doing this grouped to share exp among a bunch of new chars, but it slows things down considerably.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I brought up a ton of dudes on rat ears during the 76% bonus and I tested it out for a few minutes with everyone grouped, wondering if it'd get the group bonus... and it was horrible. Like, it was 60% or 70% less total XP doing it that way.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
i mean even quest xp nerfed, red wine is still a thing. I'd be curious as to what the relative cost of red wine vs rat ears is now compared to relative plat value of krono between and luclin is. Either way this this is pretty whatever since i'm sure anyone sandbagging 4000 stacks of rat ears can probably red wine in luclin just fine lol.
Red Wine, even if cheaper, would take way, way more time and effort I think, unless you automated it.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
On a live server red wine gets you to the low 20s in like 3-4 minutes. He slows down precipitously after that, I haven't tested it on a TLP but it would be slower there. Red wine is definitely less XP per rat ear (probably 1/10th) and costs more, but because this stuff stacks to 1000 and you can turn in 4000 at a time, it's still very fast.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I was actually bored during the downtime and tested Red Wine on test. 3 40 slot bags of Red Wine = 120,000 red wine, cost around 7200p on a level 1 Dark Elf Wizard. On Test Server turning all of those in got me to level 24.4. This took about 25 minutes doing all the purchasing and turning in. Test is Live XP + 100% (and I do believe the server modifier applies to quests but don't quote me on that.)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was actually bored during the downtime and tested Red Wine on test. 3 40 slot bags of Red Wine = 120,000 red wine, cost around 7200p on a level 1 Dark Elf Wizard. On Test Server turning all of those in got me to level 24.4. This took about 25 minutes doing all the purchasing and turning in. Test is Live XP + 100% (and I do believe the server modifier applies to quests but don't quote me on that.)

I believe it does apply to quests. When we were testing Torment of Velious on there, the same amount of partisans got people from 110-115 as got people from 110-113 once the expac went live. At least, if I'm remembering right.

Sounds like red wine is considerably less efficient than rat ears, aside from the ease factor of having the quest and item in the same zone. However, having a readily-available port from WK/Surefall to Commons and back basically mitigates that.