EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I was actually bored during the downtime and tested Red Wine on test. 3 40 slot bags of Red Wine = 120,000 red wine, cost around 7200p on a level 1 Dark Elf Wizard. On Test Server turning all of those in got me to level 24.4. This took about 25 minutes doing all the purchasing and turning in. Test is Live XP + 100% (and I do believe the server modifier applies to quests but don't quote me on that.)

Currently, the difference between test and mischief is a 3.7 multiplier. I tested it out multiple times with rat ears and red wine (without a level change). So whatever you did on test should take about 3.7 times as long on Mischief.

A dev essentially confirmed that server XP does affect quests (the server XP bonus somehow turned off on Mangler the weekend before OoW (ie, no longer getting the GoD bump) and I filed a bug report using quest xp differences and they looked into it based on that and fixed it).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. It used to be the same quest XP regardless of server, but then some retarded mentioned it on the forums after he abused it on Phinny, so the Devs nerfed it.
Quest exp was nerfed in the very first round of prog in 2006 on Combine/Sleeper. Did they nerf it again on Phinny?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think a lot of "new" (past decade) quests function differently than old ones. I wanna say anything that pulls up on a task bar or window is different than ones that you just turn in and hear the horns. The "old" style quests of just turn in I did not think got bonuses.

DickTrickle

I think a lot of "new" (past decade) quests function differently than old ones. I wanna say anything that pulls up on a task bar or window is different than ones that you just turn in and hear the horns. The "old" style quests of just turn in I did not think got bonuses.

Whatever the case used to be, server XP definitely does affect it on the present. Confirmed repeatedly, just as XP potions do not affect quest XP.

Sterling

El Presidente
Quest exp was nerfed in the very first round of prog in 2006 on Combine/Sleeper. Did they nerf it again on Phinny?
there was a massive quest nerf in response to red wine/fire beetle eyes like sometime when i was on phinny, not sure if agnarr had released yet or not, guessing no.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
there was a massive quest nerf in response to red wine/fire beetle eyes like sometime when i was on phinny, not sure if agnarr had released yet or not, guessing no.
Yeah that was back on Phinny. There used to be Mage bots killing fire beetles 24v hours a day before they finally nerfed it.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
If I remember correctly, some one leveled from 50 to 59 on beetle eyes right after Kunark opened, and a gm despawned the turn in npc.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

When Kunark launch on Ragefire a guy named Frenzic turned in 1000s of bone chips and was going to be the first 60 because of it. The GMs despawned the NPC when he was like 55 and then nerfed bone chips quests specifically.

When Phinny launched Quest XP was the same across all servers. Phinny's XP was so bad at launch questing became meta because of it. Day 1 noticed quest XP was the same when i turned in some Orc belts. I started out as an Monk, but quickly decided to re-roll Enchanter after a few days, i mentioned in AOS guild chat that i had ran around Freeport and cleaned out thousands of Fire Beetle Eyes from the vendors and gotta relatively insane XP off the quest. One thing lead to another and the next thing you know people were bot farming Fire Beetle Eyes in paineel with level 12 mages. This lead to them nerfing a few specific quests as well as making quest XP affected by the server mod. To put it in to perspective how much better quest XP was on Phinny you could get good XP doing red wine quest even though red wine only stacked to 20 instead of 1000. I still remember taking Lokar to the Maiden's Fancy and leveling my box Cleric to 33 and it took a total of like 10k plat.

Quick search on the official forums and i found this

Posted by BobbyBick

The Feb 2016 patch is when these got nuked. On Phinny it meant a ~85% reduction in quest xp (this is after the server had its global multiplier increased). I don't know what the multiplier is for Mangler/Aradune in classic.

Posted by Prathun
The server's experience modifier is applied to quest XP rewards. As the server progresses, the server experience modifier scales up and eventually will match Live values.

Only a handful of quests were modified directly. For bone chip quests, we decided that it was less disruptive to change the quests themselves rather than touch population and/or drop details and/or vendors and/or spell reagents.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A lot of stuff got double whammied too. The first round of nerfs it was reduced to about 15% as bobby mentions, but stuff got hit further. I turned in about 80 armor drops from fear and hate and got less than 5% xp, for example.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Currently, the difference between test and mischief is a 3.7 multiplier. I tested it out multiple times with rat ears and red wine (without a level change). So whatever you did on test should take about 3.7 times as long on Mischief.

A dev essentially confirmed that server XP does affect quests (the server XP bonus somehow turned off on Mangler the weekend before OoW (ie, no longer getting the GoD bump) and I filed a bug report using quest xp differences and they looked into it based on that and fixed it).

Out of curiosity, what's the exp increase in GoD and TSS? If Mischief is normal exp for classic/kunark and Test is 2x normal TSS+ exp, then normal TSS+ exp is 1.85x what Mischief is now. How much of that is from GoD? Are there any other exp bumps in the game besides GoD and TSS?

DickTrickle

Out of curiosity, what's the exp increase in GoD and TSS? If Mischief is normal exp for classic/kunark and Test is 2x normal TSS+ exp, then normal TSS+ exp is 1.85x what Mischief is now. How much of that is from GoD? Are there any other exp bumps in the game besides GoD and TSS?

Unfortunately, I didn't really keep track of the XP bump when GoD happened (well, I probably knew then but don't know where that data sheet is now).

There is another bump in DoDh.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I didn't record any rigorous data, but I went through the GoD launch and DoDH launches on both Lockjaw and Selo, and I think they were around like a 10-15% exp jump, they aren't huge.

Another wrinkle in quest exp by the way was the change in stacking tradeskill items to 1000. Agnarr launched I want to say near the end of Luclin on Phinny, and by then a couple rounds of quest nerfs had already occurred, thus creating the "perception" that stockpiling quest turn ins to level just wasn't worth it. But then they changed tradeskill items to stack in 1000 item lots, which significantly changes the logistics.

On Agnarr rat ears weren't the big thing--it was actually stockpiling Tumpy Tonics or Fire Beetle Eyes in preparation for Kunark launch. Several people in Faceless had ran big tests on test server showing that you can actually get from 50 to 60, adjusting for the difference in exp between TLP and Test, with an amount of those items that was possible to acquire on Agnarr. For fire beetle eyes it just required AFK pet farming in Paineel for a couple months. If you did that you most likely eventually ate a suspension for AFK play as Daybreak was alerted to the scheme, suspended all the AFK Fire Beetle botters and then nerfed the quests so much that even in stacks of 1,000 you just weren't going very far in 50 to 60 with these turn ins. The people who had mass produced Tumpy Tonics didn't get suspended since they weren't really automating anything, Tumpy Tonics are made from storebought items, just requires long tradeskilling sessions to stockpile a massive amount of them.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I didn't record any rigorous data, but I went through the GoD launch and DoDH launches on both Lockjaw and Selo, and I think they were around like a 10-15% exp jump, they aren't huge.

Another wrinkle in quest exp by the way was the change in stacking tradeskill items to 1000. Agnarr launched I want to say near the end of Luclin on Phinny, and by then a couple rounds of quest nerfs had already occurred, thus creating the "perception" that stockpiling quest turn ins to level just wasn't worth it. But then they changed tradeskill items to stack in 1000 item lots, which significantly changes the logistics.

On Agnarr rat ears weren't the big thing--it was actually stockpiling Tumpy Tonics or Fire Beetle Eyes in preparation for Kunark launch. Several people in Faceless had ran big tests on test server showing that you can actually get from 50 to 60, adjusting for the difference in exp between TLP and Test, with an amount of those items that was possible to acquire on Agnarr. For fire beetle eyes it just required AFK pet farming in Paineel for a couple months. If you did that you most likely eventually ate a suspension for AFK play as Daybreak was alerted to the scheme, suspended all the AFK Fire Beetle botters and then nerfed the quests so much that even in stacks of 1,000 you just weren't going very far in 50 to 60 with these turn ins. The people who had mass produced Tumpy Tonics didn't get suspended since they weren't really automating anything, Tumpy Tonics are made from storebought items, just requires long tradeskilling sessions to stockpile a massive amount of them.
Imagine spending all that time collecting fire beetle eyes to "skip" a level range that takes about 1/10th as long with a good static.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Imagine spending all that time collecting fire beetle eyes to "skip" a level range that takes about 1/10th as long with a good static.
No time is spent outside of moving the stacks to mules when its an autoclicker doing the work.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, this stuff was done with autoclickers, lot of in game time, but minimal "at keyboard" time. As someone who didn't care to try and cheese the Kunark levels I was frankly a little amused when Daybreak slapped down on them.