EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bards get way better. Overhaste songs, great resist song, fading memories (drop all aggro), stackable spell focus for nukes/dots.... and if you get even later, like TSS era, they become top tier DPS. Nothing bad about that class. Classic-Velious is honestly their weakest time.
Also /melody and /bandolier is top shelf.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Stifle

Lord Nagafen Raider
No point in starting from scratch. anyone have Krono they want to sell me to get started?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Paladins really find their groove in Luclin, it adds so much to the class. You get two low level stuns that you can chain for a very low mana cost which will give you all the aggro you need without the pushback problem. Divine stun AA, probably the best interrupt in the game. Quick casting heal over time. Selo speed mount for a few AA. Slay undead is fun although it's probably not the massive DPS boost you think it is before you get it.

Like all tanks, you are very gear dependent though and the difference between a raid geared and a bazaar geared one is huge.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bards get way better. Overhaste songs, great resist song, fading memories (drop all aggro), stackable spell focus for nukes/dots.... and if you get even later, like TSS era, they become top tier DPS. Nothing bad about that class. Classic-Velious is honestly their weakest time.

Stifle Stifle This. You can use /melody to twist songs automatically and then you just have to worry about attacking mobs and/or pulling. Not sure if /melody is in from the start, pretty sure it is. Bard can also drop aggro better than any other class and run faster.

In the later expansions bards can do stuff no one else can, like AOE kiting. 2 years ago you could AOE kite infinite mobs at once, then it got nerfed to 6 IIRC. Still pretty good.

In the last few expansions (like level 105+) you can weave direct damage songs in with DoTs to do huge damage, especially with song-enhancing augs and AAs. I've seen bards break 1 million DPS if done right, which to put in perspective, is enough to land them in the top 10 on a raid parse along with the actual DPS classes.

Just turn songs off if a monk is pulling so you don't train the group, that's the only real thing I see bards doing wrong.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
We used a pali tank in time, I think on a zek?
Probably Cazic Thule or Innoruuk as they both have an AE fear. We always used knights for them since they can avoid being feared at all.

CT was a fun fight because the wizards were always excited for him. We can keep aggro better than warriors at this point and they would just start unleashing a couple seconds after he was pulled. Always a wizard on the top of the CT parse.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Probably Cazic Thule or Innoruuk as they both have an AE fear. We always used knights for them since they can avoid being feared at all.

CT was a fun fight because the wizards were always excited for him. We can keep aggro better than warriors at this point and they would just start unleashing a couple seconds after he was pulled. Always a wizard on the top of the CT parse.
As time goes on and power creep sets in, things certainly changes the level of difficulty in EQ. Rizlona is in LDoN atm, and we've been using a wizard to tank bosses in Time. He's done Saryrn and Bertoxx so far. It's a fun change of pace after being in PoP for close to 4 months now.

• 1Worf

Stifle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I played a bard on p99 where I would pull 200+ mobs at a time and then attempt to not die for the next 20 minutes. Pretty sure I developed a heart condition from that

Last question about classes (thanks for the info btw)
How are rogues viewed in the game now and through pop? I have heard that they are not to popular because monks can do everything they can and more...

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I played a bard on p99 where I would pull 200+ mobs at a time and then attempt to not die for the next 20 minutes. Pretty sure I developed a heart condition from that

Last question about classes (thanks for the info btw)
How are rogues viewed in the game now and through pop? I have heard that they are not to popular because monks can do everything they can and more...
On a raid dps rogues are probably about even with monks. In groups or solo monk is far and away better and remains that way forever. If you two box or duo with a friend healer monk is a great duo, rogue really isn't. If you need to go solo some old content monk can do it, rogue can't unless it's really low level. If you need to pull monk has a huge advantage. If no one is healing you on a raid you have mend, FD is also way better than hide for agro dropping.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're only really terrible in classic, they get better with expansions and do good dps. Not a lazy class though, often get MA duty on raids. If you want to group a lot I'd go monk over rogue since you can fill both puller and dps roles.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finally got this done. Thanks to everyone that helped!

1628609523176.jpeg

• 21Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 21 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nice! I was just in neriak this morning killing your kin.
You asshole! lol I think I saw your dead body is your name Sszeth or just Szeth?

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?