EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Mystic Quest was one of the better ones TBH

without totally derailing this thread, that was my first FF i ever tried at my cousins house when I was extra young and extra retarded.

I enjoyed it. I mean look at these boss sprite states based on HP: Mystic Quest Bosses

Final fantasy has been a slow journey downward into weebness since FF10 and voices were introduced. I actually liked 12 and 13 though (and still also liked 10). Got to appreciate simplicity for its own sake. One minute your swinging a steel sword against snakes in a field, next minute your in pazuzus tower with excalibur. thats 0-100 pretty quick
That’s why eq is so great it is so terribad it can’t be recreated.
123.JPG

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Mystic Quest was pretty great for its time.

Check out World of Final Fantasy. It sort of strikes me as the Mystic Quest of the modern era. Fairly easy/simple RPG where you control two characters. The landscapes are all based on classic FF areas, now in a "diorama" style similar to the Link's Awakening remake. It gives everything this dream-like feeling that's hard to describe. I didn't expect much from WOFF and 60 hours later I walked away with a lot.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Spent a few drunken hours camping in Unrest last night and finally saw the random loot in effect. I love it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
So I got a monk to 60 and I'd actually like to join some raids when Velious is out. Since it's been forever since I've been on a raid, can someone list all the typical shit you want on you? Like I remember you want a couple of clickie items to protect against dispells (I have no instaclicks don't think.) Any typical potions you keep on you? Thanks.

Stifle

Lord Nagafen Raider
From my time raiding on p99 the basics are

-Resist gear as high as possible w/o borking your toon
-Instant trash buff items for dispelling mobs like gob earing
-Some sort of runspeed buff like jboots or always having pots I guess
-a handful of gate/port pots for various locations for quick mobilization, also having a port cap to get out of bad spots was mandatory for our guild, though I don't know the recharge situation on mischief...
- not having trash gear, more of an unwritten rule that you need to join a guild expecting to contribute instead of being carried
- playing your class well is the most important thing to bring along

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Jboots
Peggy Cloak
Null Potion(MR buff)
EB item
Max your swim skill
Antonian Javelin

Edit: forgot the most important thing. A macro that invites every Bard and Shaman in your guild to group, this is very important for when the raid is forming up.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So I got a monk to 60 and I'd actually like to join some raids when Velious is out. Since it's been forever since I've been on a raid, can someone list all the typical shit you want on you? Like I remember you want a couple of clickie items to protect against dispells (I have no instaclicks don't think.) Any typical potions you keep on you? Thanks.
1. Instant Click Buff (Jboots, Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring, AoN)
2. Shrink (Cobalt Bracer, Shrink Wand, DE Mask, AoN)
3. Resist Potions (all resists)
4. Healing Potions
5. Greater Concentration Pots (classes with mana)
6. Thurgadin Potion
7. Invis Potion (Or CoS)
8. Overthere Hammer
9. Gate Potions
10. Crystallized Pumice
11. Bark Potion

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not P99, I'd say an insta buff clicky, heal and shrink pots are the essentials, maybe add a gate pot if you need to race. Current TLP meta is to have the whole guild bind in the same place (WL zoneline in Kael come Velious) and there's always going to be some druid boxes there to get people to where they need to go. They can throw lev/sow on you for the run to NTOV too. Resists can be done with buffs/bards where needed, not worth farming a gear set for. The shaman shrink pots are usually only around 200 pp per stack, shaman gate maybe 300 per.

EB is nice but I wouldn't say critical, a 1.5 hour DMF gets you quite far. Or pay a mage to summon you a bunch of their clicky EB items, they last about 30 mins a pop and are instant cast. They no longer disappear instantly if you go offline either. Bunch of EB items drop in NTOV so you will probably get one there at some point.

• 1Like

sindaael

<Banned>
They made the auto grant AA's in EQ now. Pretty good since that was what killed the game in the first place in my opinion. Now you get free AA's like that. Was much needed. This happened somewhere down the road. Nothing new.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly with bard songs, potions and buffs once you break 275 resists I would just focus on HP gear for the monk. Raid buffed I run about 5300 hps and with mend and Celestial 9 potions are always enough to keep me up.

Staff of Null is fun for cancel magic and shield of the immaculate for cure disease.

• 1Like

Stifle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Having played p99 for far too long, I'm not familiar with the live timeline beyond velious as I quit playing regularly around that time.

How will paladins shape up beyond velious compared to warriors and sks say until the end of pop for group, small group and raid?

I played a pally to end game on p99 but was always lamenting changes that will not occur until later, such as AAs working and damage table adjustments as well as better itemization for dps...(not holding breath)

I'm happy to do the research/ reading if anyone can point me in the right direction.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Having played p99 for far too long, I'm not familiar with the live timeline beyond velious as I quit playing regularly around that time.

How will paladins shape up beyond velious compared to warriors and sks say until the end of pop for group, small group and raid?

I played a pally to end game on p99 but was always lamenting changes that will not occur until later, such as AAs working and damage table adjustments as well as better itemization for dps...(not holding breath)

I'm happy to do the research/ reading if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Knights are pretty great for grouping because of their ability to generate aggro quickly and consistently.

You're still not going to be tanking raid bosses for the most part (minus something like CT that has a hard to resist fear). Your job is to off-tank and get adds and get them off squishier. SKs are a bit better when you're mowing down content in a group because they do provide some DPS while a paladin has no offensive spells to use for their mana unless it's undead. Some will dispute this but SKs are better at snap agro because of their jolts and they will only get better at that in expansions after pop.

As a paladin who played in this era on a TLP I definitely felt much more powerful at the end of pop than I did at the end of velious, particularly for the main job of tanking.

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
being the ramp tank with da hammer and having to tell everyone when da procced and how long till it fades... that's enough to make me not want to play one lol.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Paladins become the premier rampage tanking Class with SoL launch because of DA hammer.
Paladins along with Rangers are situationally the best group tanks. Rangers when you want more DPS, Pallies when you have hard hitting charm pets that summon.
Paladins get a stupid OP stun line in Luclin
Paladins get Remove greater curse and much better raid/group utility.

SKs are better race DPS
SKs are a more fun to play because they solo better
SKs become better multi target tanks in OoW with the spell Dread Gaze.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Knights are pretty great for grouping because of their ability to generate aggro quickly and consistently.

You're still not going to be tanking raid bosses for the most part (minus something like CT that has a hard to resist fear). Your job is to off-tank and get adds and get them off squishier. SKs are a bit better when you're mowing down content in a group because they do provide some DPS while a paladin has no offensive spells to use for their mana unless it's undead. Some will dispute this but SKs are better at snap agro because of their jolts and they will only get better at that in expansions after pop.

As a paladin who played in this era on a TLP I definitely felt much more powerful at the end of pop than I did at the end of velious, particularly for the main job of tanking.

Very true, paladins get a lot stronger starting in PoP, I think they peaked somewhere in DoDH or PoR.

Stifle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone want to comment on bards in classic vs tlp beyond classic? I have the carpal tunnel from playing a bard on p99, always felt broken but essentially needed for raids.. how do bards shape up after velious?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone want to comment on bards in classic vs tlp beyond classic? I have the carpal tunnel from playing a bard on p99, always felt broken but essentially needed for raids.. how do bards shape up after velious?
Bards get way better. Overhaste songs, great resist song, fading memories (drop all aggro), stackable spell focus for nukes/dots.... and if you get even later, like TSS era, they become top tier DPS. Nothing bad about that class. Classic-Velious is honestly their weakest time.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users