EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't forget Kunark and Classic. Oh wait that's literally every expansion.

Pretty crazy you're unironically arguing a mob that's 1 groupable 5 levels below the level cap with previous expo gear belongs on the same Tier as Rathe Council and Tallon Zek in Time. The gap between Mischief dual wield VS and PD wasn't that big and TBH dual wield VS is probably harder then PD. Fay is probably the only mob you could argue didn't belong on the T1 list and it was one of 12 mobs so it wasn't a big deal. On the other hand with POP the mobs that don't belong outnumber the Time boss/EP bosses and make up like 30% of the loot table.

Every other expo has basically boiled down to kill more of the high end raid mobs for more of the best loot. POP basically boils down to if you kill high end raids you get less of the best loot then someone doing the easy raids. That's just backwards. You couldn't get sky loot or CoF by doing Hate minis, you couldn't get PD robes by doing Royals, you couldn't get Vulak loot by killing Dain, you couldn't get AHR loot by killing Servitor. This server has been far from "do whatever the fuck you'd like." I have zero problem with letting people do easier content and have a chance at the best loot. But that's far different than making the easy content better for farming the best loot.

The inspiration for the server was chatter on the live forums about have a TLP that's more like D2/POE. Both those game employ a "Tiered Random Loot" system and that's were the inspiration for where Mischiefs loot system came from. It's really cool that in D2 you can get BiS SoJ off Nightmare Andy, but it's also important that Hell Chaos runs give better loot for the time spent.

This is wrong. You get the most and best loot doing the hard and easy raids then someone only doing one or the other.

The idea that you can only do one or the other is absolutely retarded

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The inspiration for the server was chatter on the live forums about have a TLP that's more like D2/POE. Both those game employ a "Tiered Random Loot" system and that's were the inspiration for where Mischiefs loot system came from. It's really cool that in D2 you can get BiS SoJ off Nightmare Andy, but it's also important that Hell Chaos runs give better loot for the time spent.

Where is the dev post or comment that actually backs up your assertion? AFAIK, they've never talked about what inspired mIschief or what their philosophy is for their server. Like everyone else, it sounds like you're assuming.

The buff they put up is permanent though. My SK got that when he put on a weapon with grim aura on it

It can be dispelled and should leave after death. Just because it has an infinite duration doesn't mean it's permanent.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
A bunch of EQ players screeching for nerfs over a random mob dropping random loot on a random loot drop server is the most EQ thing ever.
It's imperative that the robbyricks of the world screech as loud as possible to maintain their tacobell diet. It completely destroys the gdkp reseller's goals in game if anyone can easily get the loot they'd be making their bajabucks off of.

The dude crying above about having to do tiny splits on all content is so ridiculous. No one is forcing you to raid that shit or do small man splits. If your guild is and you dont like it then join a guild that doesnt go as hard.

Everyone is going to end up BIS regardless, but id rather do diversified content then just time for 4 months.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The buff they put up is permanent though. My SK got that when he put on a weapon with grim aura on it
Grim aura click will give you an AA. The click buffs with damage shields do not give AAs although the permant buff will last until you get dispelled, die, or click it off.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
This is wrong. You get the most and best loot doing the hard and easy raids then someone only doing one or the other.

The idea that you can only do one or the other is absolutely retarded

Even if you play 100 hours a week not enough time to do both. You've almost never gotten more of the BEST loot by doing by doing the lower tier raids with very few excepts like Dain belt.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Even if you play 100 hours a week not enough time to do both. You've almost never gotten more of the BEST loot by doing by doing the lower tier raids with very few excepts like Dain belt.

Now you pretend like your options are either doing every single raid target that exists constantly, or none at all.

Not sure why the concept of more targets killed = more loot is so hard for you.

Sterling

El Presidente
Now you pretend like your options are either doing every single raid target that exists constantly, or none at all.

This is true, but if you're picking and choosing because you don't do literally everything, it's probably not great that the choice that nets the most top end gear is to do lower end content. Having it set in a way that doing lower stuff nets you a chance at the good gear is different than doing the the lower stuff being the best way to get the good gear.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Your lower tier lockouts are going be off CD before Time is worth doing. You get the best loot by skipping Time and doing those easy raids again.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, there was speculation it wasn't actually related to PoP launch, which makes sense to me because, like I said, didn't see anything crazy going on during that time. If that really is the case, it's sad that a boxer guild gets to put one over on a real guild. I mean, I'm sure you don't like GiG, but fuck all the warping boxing guilds.

I don't think he quit, just think he's been busy with RL.
Gotta keep up bro. I’ll sell you working mq2 for friend price.

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
If anyone is looking for a dank TLP working copy of mqnext pm me.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The idea of POP sounded fun in my head, then I read the last couple of pages here and now using a sandgrinder on my ballbag sounds more enjoyable.

Sterling

El Presidente
The idea of POP sounded fun in my head, then I read the last couple of pages here and now using a sandgrinder on my ballbag sounds more enjoyable.
PoP is maybe the most overrated early expansion in EQ. it's not the actual worst, but people have wild nostalgia boners for it and it's a pretty average expansion.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Kunark is the worst. Nothing comes close. I think I like PoR more than Kunark.

PoP def overrated though.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Kunark is the worst. Nothing comes close. I think I like PoR more than Kunark.

PoP def overrated though.
Kunark is bad, but everyone knows it's bad. There are a lot of people that are all about PoP until they actually play it though. GoD is way, way better than PoP on TLP.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Kunark is bad

for raiding. It's great for grouping. It's one of the few expansions that had multiple places to exp for high level groups. Obviously it meant more in Kunark launch than now where every metaboi just wants to slam Chardok Kennels, but having KC/Chardok/Sebilis all as equally viable options was great. Also had a bunch of mid-level zones that were pretty rad at the time. A lot of us probably fucked around at lvl 20 in lake or at the forest giants in frontier mountains. When Velious hit it was like straight to Velks or Kael arena or bust.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Don't forget Kunark and Classic. Oh wait that's literally every expansion.

Pretty crazy you're unironically arguing a mob that's 1 groupable 5 levels below the level cap with previous expo gear belongs on the same Tier as Rathe Council and Tallon Zek in Time. The gap between Mischief dual wield VS and PD wasn't that big and TBH dual wield VS is probably harder then PD. Fay is probably the only mob you could argue didn't belong on the T1 list and it was one of 12 mobs so it wasn't a big deal. On the other hand with POP the mobs that don't belong outnumber the Time boss/EP bosses and make up like 30% of the loot table.
I'm not arguing for Mujaki in his former iteration. I'm arguing for a Mujaki that has a realistic respawn on his trigger mob or suffers a lockout timer if you AoC him. Obviously Mujaki dropping Time loot when you can do him 3 times an hour is stupid. But a Mujaki that has a really low CHANCE of dropping P4 time loot? Literally couldn't care less - let the casuals have their fun too.
Every other expo has basically boiled down to kill more of the high end raid mobs for more of the best loot. POP basically boils down to if you kill high end raids you get less of the best loot then someone doing the easy raids. That's just backwards. You couldn't get sky loot or CoF by doing Hate minis, you couldn't get PD robes by doing Royals, you couldn't get Vulak loot by killing Dain, you couldn't get AHR loot by killing Servitor. This server has been far from "do whatever the fuck you'd like." I have zero problem with letting people do easier content and have a chance at the best loot. But that's far different than making the easy content better for farming the best loot.
Except you still have the greater concentration of mobs in Time. Guilds are still going to clear it to not only say they did it, but also because it's among the best "bang for your buck" time investments/loot concentration standpoints. Is there a greater amount of loot by hopping around from plane to plane? Yeah, there is - no shit, that's the point. You can also not do that and still end up with BIS, because we have to do this shit for 4 months. But if you have FOMO and feel like you, "MUST CLEAR ALL BOSSES!! MAX LOOOOT!" you can do that too. Just don't be surprised when your guild doesn't have shit to do after a month.
I don't feel like that's what Mischief was originally intended to be at all, especially with the way Classic started off. Once the spreadsheet Andy's like BobbyDick reeeeed on their 28 viewer Twitch streams and posted on the forums, we've had a psuedo "tiering" system ever since - that gets worse each expansion. Would've been cool to do Burrower, THO, etc. more in Luclin. No point, because we had to follow the nice, neat little compartmentalized "tiering" system that all the Kronofags want, to limit access to their markets.
PoP is maybe the most overrated early expansion in EQ. it's not the actual worst, but people have wild nostalgia boners for it and it's a pretty average expansion.
I'd like PoP a lot more if it didn't have all the faggy flagging bullshit. Other than that, I think it's a pretty great expansion. PoK + books alone add so much QOL to EQ that even if the rest of the expansion was dogwater, I'd still rate it pretty high for "golden age" EQ expansions (which pretty much all suck, let's be honest).

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not arguing for Mujaki in his former iteration. I'm arguing for a Mujaki that has a realistic respawn on his trigger mob or suffers a lockout timer if you AoC him. Obviously Mujaki dropping Time loot when you can do him 3 times an hour is stupid. But a Mujaki that has a really low CHANCE of dropping P4 time loot? Literally couldn't care less - let the casuals have their fun too.

Except you still have the greater concentration of mobs in Time. Guilds are still going to clear it to not only say they did it, but also because it's among the best "bang for your buck" time investments/loot concentration standpoints. Is there a greater amount of loot by hopping around from plane to plane? Yeah, there is - no shit, that's the point. You can also not do that and still end up with BIS, because we have to do this shit for 4 months. But if you have FOMO and feel like you, "MUST CLEAR ALL BOSSES!! MAX LOOOOT!" you can do that too. Just don't be surprised when your guild doesn't have shit to do after a month.

I don't feel like that's what Mischief was originally intended to be at all, especially with the way Classic started off. Once the spreadsheet Andy's like BobbyDick reeeeed on their 28 viewer Twitch streams and posted on the forums, we've had a psuedo "tiering" system ever since - that gets worse each expansion. Would've been cool to do Burrower, THO, etc. more in Luclin. No point, because we had to follow the nice, neat little compartmentalized "tiering" system that all the Kronofags want, to limit access to their markets.

I'd like PoP a lot more if it didn't have all the faggy flagging bullshit. Other than that, I think it's a pretty great expansion. PoK + books alone add so much QOL to EQ that even if the rest of the expansion was dogwater, I'd still rate it pretty high for "golden age" EQ expansions (which pretty much all suck, let's be honest).

Sounds like you should go play EQ EZ server or something else then if thats what you wanted.

• 1Edgelord