EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Mischief, but everyone is Ranger. Raids consist of keystone cops'ing all over the place.

acb.jpg

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I think with free trade like mischief and allowing any class to click any item it would make for some fun ass OP shit. Imagine a monk pulling with the shaman time hammer, Druid spamming cleric pants heal, or shit the down time saver for someone with a cleric CH breastplate. Imagine the fun.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mischief, but everyone is Ranger. Raids consist of keystone cops'ing all over the place.
"Year of the Beast" mischief with DZ only opening if you have X beastlords where X increases by 0.5 beastlords each week.

Expansion unlocks require bosses be killed with full beastlord raid (with majority being Trolls on even expacs, Iksar on odd expacs) plus 1 gnome of any class.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Thinking more about it... It would probably be stupid for them not to recycle mischief. Maybe they tinker with xp or something but if they couldn't come up with a better ruleset why rock the boat?

Tons of players already admitted they wouldn't be able to go back to just vanilla eq tlp.
I still think they need a "vanilla" server each cycle, just to herd the autists away from nerfing fun shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think with free trade like mischief and allowing any class to click any item it would make for some fun ass OP shit. Imagine a monk pulling with the shaman time hammer, Druid spamming cleric pants heal, or shit the down time saver for someone with a cleric CH breastplate. Imagine the fun.

Sounds like a krono farmers dream

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, I dont think thats that far fetched. It would totally fuck up the dynamic and reroute dead end / one class gear. No class/race restrictions would free up a lot of gear across the board. But I think he's talking about just clickies which is like a soft dick way of doing a free trade, any class/race gear.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Honestly, I dont think thats that far fetched. It would totally fuck up the dynamic and reroute dead end / one class gear. No class/race restrictions would free up a lot of gear across the board. But I think he's talking about just clickies which is like a soft dick way of doing a free trade, any class/race gear.
Let’s go with your idea all gear is all/all which would be the same thing I wanted with the clickies, I’d love to see the blatantly OP shit that would come from it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Not gonna lie, BST would be absolute gods with that. Dual wielding SHD/PLD 1h weapons while wearing plate and having pet and slows and heals on top of that? I can dig it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not gonna lie, BST would be absolute gods with that. Dual wielding SHD/PLD 1h weapons while wearing plate and having pet and slows and heals on top of that? I can dig it.

Only downside with BST is no double attack and they'd be limited to the Pal/SK 1hb weapons. Rangers might make out the best since they would be one of the top DPS with insane aggro and top tier armor.

More importantly, it would make a lot of classes even more obsolete and jack up balance even more. Would be cute idea for an emulator, but absolute garbage for a long term server

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you were going to do something like all/all gear you would need to take the extra step and introduce some extra hard gimmick encounters. Whip up a couple raid mobs and stick them out in the middle of nowhere that you're not sure anyone can actually beat. Maybe do a special instance once per expansion of a couple alternate versions of bosses that are all borderline impossible.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Imagine Rogue backstabbing with all/all 2HP

Would backstab even do anything if there's no backstab damage on the weapon? That's why I don't think this would do anything for them since only rogue usable weapons have backstab damage on them

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Would backstab even do anything if there's no backstab damage on the weapon? That's why I don't think this would do anything for them since only rogue usable weapons have backstab damage on them
Heck if I know, been almost two decades since I played Rogue.