EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1654119216242.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
Since ive been 2boxing on vaniki i think im gonna pop a 2nd char on mischief of an alt i already have thats only like ~40. What would be a good combo? im thinking of maining a berserker or the beastlord.

Beastlord
Cleric
Bard
Wizard
Berserker

Alternatively 90% of the cleric gear can go to a shaman.
Avoiding mage or dru because im doing mag/dru on vaniki

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wizard seems terrible either way. Imo if you stick with the ber you probably want the bst or maybe bard for haste and slow and shit. If you mained the bst then the cleric is a fine 2nd for bigger targets just slower dps, but the bard and ber arent bad? Simplest answer is probably to box your 2 favorites since theyre ok together?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Took almost exactly 4 hours to get to 70 on my SK, paw group with a 25% exp pot. Now I get to level to 70 on rogue without bonus exp.

And the uqua 2h is diamond-tipped war spear, but that’s not really all that good until level 30. Find a fast cheap SK 1h like shard of night or something else like that for the first 30 levels. Around 35ish if you don’t have the plat for the war spear, opalescent two-handed sword is pretty good too. Really good proc and around that level it starts to get a decent ratio that just gets better as you level.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
View attachment 415168
welp that didnt take long for faceless lol
This launch was a real rush. I did want to hang myself trying to lead a raid through the MPG trials when it took 15 minutes to zone, half the raid would DC, then you are logging back in to the wrong pick... Server population around 9-11pm est must have been wild.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
People zoning into wrong pick infuriated the hell out of me on Rizlona, thought they had fixed it. Kinda crazy levelling to 70, doing trials, getting signets and getting OMM down that fast. Did you have a core group of characters to level with lots of outside help etc?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
People zoning into wrong pick infuriated the hell out of me on Rizlona, thought they had fixed it. Kinda crazy levelling to 70, doing trials, getting signets and getting OMM down that fast. Did you have a core group of characters to level with lots of outside help etc?
We had 6 groups rush 69 then move to RSS. Other groups spread out to predetermined locations across other signet zones. Whenever a zone hit 36-40 signets we would collapse and send all the groups to reinforce the next zone until it was done.

Once we got 36 RSS signets we rolled directly into MPG Raids but zoning legit took 15 minutes. You would normally have your whole raid zone out into the same pick but if people DCd they’d have to log back in and would be in random picks every time. Then picking back to base took another 15 mins etc.

Sometime after 11 the zoning lag went away but we were in our last mpg trial so it didn’t matter by then.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My boss was telling me how he uses a program called Parsec to be able to play games anywhere on any device from his main computer. That sounded great seeing as I have a beefy computer at home, and I'd like to be able to play games on it through my non-gaming laptop that I carry around.

Anybody know if DBG/DPG bans for using Parsec? They're stupidly tight lipped about what is allowed and what is not, and tend to just randomly choose who, when, and where to enforce the rules, so you never truly know. Anyone know anybody that has gotten suspended or banned for using Parsec? I'd love to be able to sit in the living room with my laptop and play games via my pc in the bedroom.

Needless

Toe Sucker
is remote desktopping against their eula? because parsec is essentially just that. I've used it a couple times to play fighting games but never thought about using it for something like that

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I wasn't really considering using it for EverQuest because that can run easily on my laptop with out issue. I was more interested in being able to play games that my laptop can not handle well. I just didn't want DBG snooping my computer, finding Parsec, and using that as a reason to suspend/ban my EQ accounts.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
My boss was telling me how he uses a program called Parsec to be able to play games anywhere on any device from his main computer. That sounded great seeing as I have a beefy computer at home, and I'd like to be able to play games on it through my non-gaming laptop that I carry around.

Anybody know if DBG/DPG bans for using Parsec? They're stupidly tight lipped about what is allowed and what is not, and tend to just randomly choose who, when, and where to enforce the rules, so you never truly know. Anyone know anybody that has gotten suspended or banned for using Parsec? I'd love to be able to sit in the living room with my laptop and play games via my pc in the bedroom.
I've used parsec to play EQ from the road before on TLPs. I doubt they care or look for it. I will say that it's not all that great for playing on shitty wifi (i.e. hotels). It needs a pretty solid connection for a good frame rate - but your living room use case is perfect for it.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most people who truebox in our guild use Parsec so they can essentialy Alt-Tab on one device. You shouldn't have any problems.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
We had 6 groups rush 69 then move to RSS. Other groups spread out to predetermined locations across other signet zones. Whenever a zone hit 36-40 signets we would collapse and send all the groups to reinforce the next zone until it was done.

Once we got 36 RSS signets we rolled directly into MPG Raids but zoning legit took 15 minutes. You would normally have your whole raid zone out into the same pick but if people DCd they’d have to log back in and would be in random picks every time. Then picking back to base took another 15 mins etc.

Sometime after 11 the zoning lag went away but we were in our last mpg trial so it didn’t matter by then.
Grats. How was the competition? GiG still making a presence? OoW racing was one of my favorites. Any failed mask clicks? Did you prep on test or go in dry?

Did they change how signets dropped, IE they could randomly be dropped across all the holders or were they specific to zone and only the correct named?

Anguish gets boring after 7 months but those first few runs are a blast, in addition to 1-grouping sweating the aug mobs.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Zaide no idea how you get to play so much EQ with your now ~20 month old daughter? My girl eviscerates me anytime I want to nerd out, and we got the same age child... any tips my god?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Grats. How was the competition? GiG still making a presence? OoW racing was one of my favorites. Any failed mask clicks? Did you prep on test or go in dry?

Did they change how signets dropped, IE they could randomly be dropped across all the holders or were they specific to zone and only the correct named?

Anguish gets boring after 7 months but those first few runs are a blast, in addition to 1-grouping sweating the aug mobs.
GiG reformed mid GoD as <Treasures>. They raced on launch and finished about an hour after us.

Signets rares in OW are on the shared pool so they could drop bonus signets but there are over 100 rares on that table so odds were super low.

They made it so any dragorn in the appropriate zone has a 2% chance of dropping it's zone related signet. This ended up being a pretty minor effect since the drop rate was so low and the normal named spawn so much.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide no idea how you get to play so much EQ with your now ~20 month old daughter? My girl eviscerates me anytime I want to nerd out, and we got the same age child... any tips my god?
I only play when she's asleep unless it's a special occasion I pre arrange with my wife. We usually do a vacation shortly before or after an expansion launch for me to improve the wife faction so she is okay with it. Omens launch though was only 8 hours so basically I started playing a few hours earlier than normal. I only got to sleep 3 hours after we were done for the night though because I still got up with the kiddo.

• 1Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
sounds like solid advice from a good dad... yea think i need to do a vacation... been at dubious for a while