EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tried to look into EG7’s 10k and financial reports. It’s hard to tell whether Mischief specifically drove a lot of the margin or growth given it’s still in the pandemic. One thing was clear though which is they consider EQ to be a “long term value driver” for their business when compared to other titles in the bag.

Layer in the tail end of pandemic, a stock that has shrunk (recently grown in last month), economic pressure to perform, looming recession with layoffs everywhere impacting discretionary spending, and we may have a recipe for more creative TLP investments taking the best from Mischief.

I know the most people that have played on TLPs happened from March 2020 to Aug 2020 or so. Mangler had 3k+ on every night during pop and Aradune released but the servers craped the bed and messed that one up.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Mischiefs greatest success is the random loot imo. FV ruleset was a huge factor but the random loot (and the bonus loot, which should be considered the 3rd major difference) is the real reason. Here me out... FV rules is new to most, now you can trade no drop and that introduces some cool strategies, twinking, and easier catch-up mechanics.

But lets be real, the best part about EQ is doing cool shit with your circle. Being able to do lower-end tier raids with your circle outside of the guild raids and to get chances at some good loot was awesome. I'm confident in saying that most long term, even non-casual, EQers most fun activity is doing content with lower than expected numbers. That aspect of killing something and potentially getting loot from a mob you know your group couldn't do was the best part. It's a whole new level of dopamine. Add the thrill of a new expansion and the potential bugged tiers and well you have magic.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Let's be real. Cybering with some wood elf druid in the huts at Inn 1 in Commonlands is a whole new level of dopamine.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Wood elf? Please

Dark elf.
I still remember my first cyber Elf Sim experience. It was 1999 and I was hanging out in Nektulous Forest at the Neriak gate. I spotted this high level Dark Elf Mage chick and decided to inspect her. She had an inspect message that said “raise your hand if you’re a player” and thinking nothing much of it I did a “/emote raises his hand”. What followed was an emote of her bending over and some lewd /tells which blew my 9 year old mind.

Those were the days.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I still remember my first cyber Elf Sim experience. It was 1999 and I was hanging out in Nektulous Forest at the Neriak gate. I spotted this high level Dark Elf Mage chick and decided to inspect her. She had an inspect message that said “raise your hand if you’re a player” and thinking nothing much of it I did a “/emote raises his hand”. What followed was an emote of her bending over and some lewd /tells which blew my 9 year old mind.

Those were the days.
Lol

I remember inspecting players and have them say “ please ask before inspecting me”

Choads

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I absolute loved walking into a pack of raiders and do a /emote is inspecting you just to watch people flip the everliving fuck out.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I absolute loved walking into a pack of raiders and do a /emote is inspecting you just to watch people flip the everliving fuck out.

Lol they would always get mad because your gear was better too.

Last edited:

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Those were the days.
1669661970537.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Mischiefs greatest success is the random loot imo. FV ruleset was a huge factor but the random loot (and the bonus loot, which should be considered the 3rd major difference) is the real reason. Here me out... FV rules is new to most, now you can trade no drop and that introduces some cool strategies, twinking, and easier catch-up mechanics.

But lets be real, the best part about EQ is doing cool shit with your circle. Being able to do lower-end tier raids with your circle outside of the guild raids and to get chances at some good loot was awesome. I'm confident in saying that most long term, even non-casual, EQers most fun activity is doing content with lower than expected numbers. That aspect of killing something and potentially getting loot from a mob you know your group couldn't do was the best part. It's a whole new level of dopamine. Add the thrill of a new expansion and the potential bugged tiers and well you have magic.

This is one of the best parts about Vaniki. It's actually a perfectly viable strat to play that server entirely as a non raider. Doing group content is insanely fun. Did some mpg group trials last night and it was the most fun I've had in EQ in years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is one of the best parts about Vaniki. It's actually a perfectly viable strat to play that server entirely as a non raider. Doing group content is insanely fun. Did some mpg group trials last night and it was the most fun I've had in EQ in years.
Agree completely. The funnest times on Vaniki were grouping and questing.

Double drops meant you would often show up to a camp and it would already be occupied by someone that would be more than happy to invite and team up with you. You could both knock out your drops together. It promoted a great social environment and teamwork. It was the most friendly EQ server I ever played.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does her loot drop outside dk allowing you to never do it again? Por may suddenly become a decent expansion...

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Does her loot drop outside dk allowing you to never do it again? Por may suddenly become a decent expansion...
DK/Razorthorn/Daosheen/Suchun are all T1 along with one of the Takish Hiz non progression instanced bosses.