EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
But it can be so entertaining to listen to the ones who take a 24 year old game so seriously.

"I have real life responsibilities unlike all you losers who accomplished something in a 24 year old game"

My least-favorite kind of posts on the internet

Think I may roll a newbie WAR or BER (because I hate myself) with a decent wep and fungi if war, and try to do the lowbie questlines. Never done it before and may be fun. Never done the TSS newbie experience except PLing toons on live or whatever

Be prepared for those classes to be pretty boring. Zerker starts getting really cool from like 65 onward, but man is it boring early on. At least it has utility (stun for casters and snare for runners) which can help a LOT in some zones.

Warrior is even blander early on, would only maybe play one on a Kunark+ TLP where it's a necessary puzzle piece for raids.

For melee, might want to consider Beastlord, Monk, or Ranger just because they're a lot more interesting during the level-up process and you might as well enjoy the TSS progression with a fun class. Ranger is particularly good in TSS with all the wide-open terrain. Just be sure for Beastlord that you get the OTHER Fungi tunic that they can actually use. Also might want to avoid using mercs since they completely trivialize (read: make boring) the content and didn't exist when TSS launched. (Edit: Wait, duh, this server doesn't have those)

Edit 2: Looks like you already went Warrior. Well, I'd consider rerolling Ranger (which could also dual-wield most of the same weaps) unless you've got a particular reason for War or intend on raiding later on.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've never really understood the "24 year old game" comments. At least not in the context of running down the game, to people who clearly still enjoy it. If anything, it's a testament to EQ that it's still going strong 24 years later. Make a game that appeals to me as much, or more, than EQ does and I'm there. Until then, I'm having a lot of fun still, playing EQ.

My ex-wife used to do something similar to this. If it was an older movie, or TV show, she was rarely interested. Shiny and new, is generally what she liked.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Edit 2: Looks like you already went Warrior. Well, I'd consider rerolling Ranger (which could also dual-wield most of the same weaps) unless you've got a particular reason for War or intend on raiding later on.
Yea, I have 50+ BL, ranger, sk, pally, and mage on the server. Warrior just because I felt like playing something different and didn't have one yet and wanted to try out TSS newbie experience. I like war but I suspect he'll get shelved in favor of something I can solo with later on.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yea, I have 50+ BL, ranger, sk, pally, and mage on the server. Warrior just because I felt like playing something different and didn't have one yet and wanted to try out TSS newbie experience. I like war but I suspect he'll get shelved in favor of something I can solo with later on.
Everything can solo after SoD drops.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, mercs trivialize soloing up to like level 100. I remember leveling a Warrior just to do something new, on Live, in 2014 or so. Got to 60. Was boring as sin, had a cleric merc healing so it was impossible to die while I slowly chipped at mobs. Even with the epic fights took way too long. Little did I know, all I had to do was switch to a Warrior merc and let it steamroller everything for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This server is so silly. Made a warrior, gave him fungi and some ~.6 ratio weps. Making over 3k per hour farming pelts and selling to /barter people. Was able to self fund two velious raid weps by level 20. Not gunna buy any more gear just doing quests and defiant stuff. So far the quests have been pretty lame. Hoping they get better 20+

I think stone hive and blackfeather roost were the cool ones? May have the name off. Also near the vergalid entrance I think there was some coolish stuff. Crescent and whatever is next (blightfire?) are shittier than what comes later.

I'm excited that yall didn't beat this expac in 3 hours. That must mean there's at least 4x the content right?

Tss has way more content than most expacs. There are parallel end zones, and 3 near-end that are relevant, for 5 total, plus maybe more depending on mischief loot tables. For nonraid content it's probably a bit less than dodh or sof, but still a bunch.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My favorite TSS zone is Sunderock Springs. Place has a fantastic atmosphere (and music, for the people who ever turn that on). The snowy zones (Steppes, Icefall, Valdeholm) are all pretty rad too.

The dullest areas are definitely Blightfire and Goru'Kar. Unfortunately you gotta spend like 1-50 in said dull areas.

Stonehive and Blackfeather are solid midlevel dungeons. Vergalid is a cool higher level dungeon. Both of the top raid zones are awesome too.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That is a bug where it jumps from 2 or 3 to 11, unless you were in every channel. Still a good amount on tho.
Ah rip. I didn’t bothering checking how many were actually up/full. Just saw base was full, 1 had 399 and I was in 11 with like 270.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
For those who don’t know TSS has two completely separate but equivalent progression lines each with their own raid zones and final bosses. Here are both server first bosses on Mischief, both happenings simultaneously as well. I don’t think any guild has ever done both lines at the same time before.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Love the stories I'm hearing about crowded OW zones, fighting over mobs, cheating accusations flying around. Viva Mischief!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
For those who don’t know TSS has two completely separate but equivalent progression lines each with their own raid zones and final bosses. Here are both server first bosses on Mischief, both happenings simultaneously as well. I don’t think any guild has ever done both lines at the same time before.

I love that strategy, pretty awesome.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
SoF drops 6/22 and SoD is 9/14. If I can figure out a way to multibox properly I may be back for that. SoF is big feels for me as that was when I came back after quitting during LDON. Met some nice folks and had a lot of fun on FV for a year or three.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Whoa, Shord AND Savaka?

Nice.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
SoF drops 6/22 and SoD is 9/14. If I can figure out a way to multibox properly I may be back for that. SoF is big feels for me as that was when I came back after quitting during LDON. Met some nice folks and had a lot of fun on FV for a year or three.

SoF is also big feels for me cause it was when I came back after quitting early in DODH. Couldn't believe they were bringing Kerafyrm back as an actual fight-able final boss. Meldrath's Mansion and all the robots were interesting too as a sort of apertif before Kerafyrm/Crystallos. ...except we ended up spending like 90% of the expansion in MMM and 10% in Crystallos, lawl.

Then a year later we got my other favorite villains returning, the Muramites. Was a good time to return and kinda spoiled me, cause the lore never interested me that much again (except maybe for the Kunark and Velious remakes).

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I have like a 62 SK i abandoned long ago on this server, if Im bored and want to get back in now is it viable to by some cheap gear and catch up? Never played past OOW

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I have like a 62 SK i abandoned long ago on this server, if Im bored and want to get back in now is it viable to by some cheap gear and catch up? Never played past OOW
It will always be viable to catch up on mischief. For a paltry amount of plat/krono you will be able to markedly improve your character.

There will be a bit to learn but it's not such a huge gap that it would be completely overwhelming.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hell, I would imagine its easier to come back to this server than any other server. Some second rate gear is bound to go for cheap. Much less the power leveling you could do with a handful of krono and a potion or 5.