EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Bazaar is full of cheap raid gear, 1 krono will get you kitted out, won't be BiS but you don't need it to catch up and be powerful.

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I have like a 62 SK i abandoned long ago on this server, if Im bored and want to get back in now is it viable to by some cheap gear and catch up? Never played past OOW

You could even start over from level one and be 62 in a couple of days. Levels fly on a free trade server with TSS out. You'll even get auto granted all the AAs you would realistically have at 62.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You could even start over from level one and be 62 in a couple of days. Levels fly on a free trade server with TSS out. You'll even get auto granted all the AAs you would realistically have at 62.

Maybe I’ll make a new character - I assume the level path is through new zones? Is it apparent what the path is?

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Post TSS is live XP it's just really fast in general.
Red Wine quest Neriak(better) or FP to like 15.
Twink gear+distillate of skinspikes in zones with undead mobs so they don't run. Basically can DS power level yourself on freetrade till 45 or so.
After that really depends on class or if groups are going.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tss is very straightforward. Crescent reach at start or after tutorial, then literally follow the road and/or questgiver directions. The second and third hubs (blightfire/gorukar I think it is) there are side zones you can do (stonehive/blackfeather) that are cool, you'll probably wanna be grouped or boxing to finish these though. Once you're in I think late 60s you branch off and can go to icefall for tons of animals or follow the quest lines towards ashengate.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
is it TSS that adds hotzones as well?

Looks like

1675878905932.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Tss is very straightforward. Crescent reach at start or after tutorial, then literally follow the road and/or questgiver directions. The second and third hubs (blightfire/gorukar I think it is) there are side zones you can do (stonehive/blackfeather) that are cool, you'll probably wanna be grouped or boxing to finish these though. Once you're in I think late 60s you branch off and can go to icefall for tons of animals or follow the quest lines towards ashengate.

I finished the gorukar armor quests while 2 boxing back when you only had tank and healer mercs. Went back and tried to kill the bixie queen afterwards only for her to warp at 20%, which caused my tank merc to also warp, which somehow caused her to warp back and slaughter the rest of my group while the tank was banished to the aether. Greatly enjoyed it up to that point. It's what got me saying that TSS is more EQ2 than EQ2.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I’ll make a new character - I assume the level path is through new zones? Is it apparent what the path is?

Yeah you make a character, starting city defaults to crescent reach. Defaults to tutorial but you can deselect that and start in CR instead.

You spawn next to an NPC that offers a level 1 quest and sends you running around the city for a bit doing dumb quests.

Follow the path from CR to Blightfire, to Stone Hive to Goru kar mesa. There's so many quests you'll be out leveling a lot of them. There's a set of 20ish armor quests in Blightfire, then there's another set of armor quests 40ish in Goru Kar.

Heroes Journey gives you lots of hints at what zones to go to at your level. EQ button > quests > heroe's journey.

TSS is almost like WoW in the amount of hand holding.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Three split Frostcrypt 1 & 2 during the first week of the expansion :)
Triple Beltron.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just realized you can click illusions and then trade them. If your raids aren't all shrooms now you're bad at life!

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's better in TSS at this point, monk or necro? Just wondering...
Starting in TSS, Necro can beat Monk on the parse for certain raid encounters. Harfange the Black in FC2 for instance.

Here is the parse of an SoF encounter in Crystallos. Monks beat me on most of the other events, but I'm usually 3rd to 5th overall.

1675963862443.png

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Starting in TSS, Necro can beat Monk on the parse for certain raid encounters. Harfange the Black in FC2 for instance.

Here is the parse of an SoF encounter in Crystallos. Monks beat me on most of the other events, but I'm usually 3rd to 5th overall.

View attachment 458008
Is that just because that raid has more targets to keep dots on, or is it something else?

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
It kicks in now, but we only have two real big heavy hitters because of spell line stacking. If we could stack everything (pyres, curses, etc) it'd probably bump us up a lot more.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You need those level cap increases for the multiple stacks per cast of the current and previous 2 tiers of the spell. That is what I was getting at.

My ballpark estimate that was around SoD era there would have been enough level cap increases for those spells to be at full value.