EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Class balance is such a fucking mess all the way through the life of TLPs. Honestly the best thing they could do for future TLPs is find a way to have some semblance of balancing done

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Necros, Bards, and non-retarded Warriors do omega damage in TSS.

Warriors, eh?

Bard AOEs got nerfed a while back (not sure if that's what you're referring to for their DPS). On Phinny I was Bard-kiting like 40 mobs at once in Underfoot through Veil of Alaris, that was the life. Though even without the AOEs, I found Bard could do some serious damage in later expansions even without raid gear by chaining all their elemental DoTs.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Warriors, eh?

Bard AOEs got nerfed a while back (not sure if that's what you're referring to for their DPS). On Phinny I was Bard-kiting like 40 mobs at once in Underfoot through Veil of Alaris, that was the life. Though even without the AOEs, I found Bard could do some serious damage in later expansions even without raid gear by chaining all their elemental DoTs.
It's not the AOE, it's the bellow nuke that can crit for 45k damage (iirc). It's nice since you can still sing all your group supporting songs while still putting out huge DPS. TSS is really the highpoint, though, as its relative power wanes with progressive expansions.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's not the AOE, it's the bellow nuke that can crit for 45k damage (iirc). It's nice since you can still sing all your group supporting songs while still putting out huge DPS. TSS is really the highpoint, though, as its relative power wanes with progressive expansions.
It’s both, dirge puts in work when you have 3-5 mobs. Lots of encounters with enough adds to make it viable for them to blow their mana on it on top of Bellow

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is that just because that raid has more targets to keep dots on, or is it something else?
The encounter I posted does have some adds, but I mostly stick the the main mob in that fight. Basically long fights with high HP mobs favor Necros.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It’s both, dirge puts in work when you have 3-5 mobs. Lots of encounters with enough adds to make it viable for them to blow their mana on it on top of Bellow
Oh, right, forgot about that. I was thinking the pulsing AE songs from his comment (I should have paid attention to him mentioning underfoot).

IIRC, they later get a pretty awesome self buff song that makes their melee/process pretty good too.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Oh, right, forgot about that. I was thinking the pulsing AE songs from his comment (I should have paid attention to him mentioning underfoot).

IIRC, they later get a pretty awesome self buff song that makes their melee/process pretty good too.
comes in TBS! I thought it was in TSS and was real sad :( looks like an awesome lil song

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Focus effects felt more balanced? I remember necros winning vulak and wizards going down in blazes of glory, often winning parse in ToV fights.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I personally don't care if they're balanced or not. The game early on is so easy it doesn't matter from a power perspective. Focuses give goals and purpose to gear; without them caster gear is borderline meaningless for 2 expacs and then aa and if cleric mana pool amd thats it for a third. Lame.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man i resubbed out of extreme boredom with every other game around but dont know what the fuck to do on mischief now lol i have a 70 bard, a 66 BL but kind of just want to dick around and lvl something until they announce if the next servers going to be mischief 2.0 or not

so weird seeing defiant gear and shit again though, i forgot how crazy strong that armor is

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
so weird seeing defiant gear and shit again though, i forgot how crazy strong that armor is

Wasn't easy and took a bunch of tries, but on live I was able to solo Nagafen with a 52 SK in defiant gear with potions.

Yeah, it's pretty OP loot. At 52 it's probably on par with...IDK, Plane of Time stuff? Don't really remember but it's well beyond anything else usable at that level.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Flawed Defiant (Reco lvl 50) is basically NToV gear in terms of HP/Mana. But it has Heroics, mod2s, and focus on top of the higher stats and saves.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't easy and took a bunch of tries, but on live I was able to solo Nagafen with a 52 SK in defiant gear with potions.

Yeah, it's pretty OP loot. At 52 it's probably on par with...IDK, Plane of Time stuff? Don't really remember but it's well beyond anything else usable at that level.
Soloing naggy at 52 is no joke. I did it with a monk that was pretty bis for every slot. I probably spent way too much time managing that, and then I think I never played that char again lol. No regrets.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I used Intricate Defiant, not Flawed. I think Intricate is at about PoTime level but it might be more like VT at 52 when the stats are diminished a bit by the Recommended. And yeah, Nagafen was no joke. Had to really plan out the potion uses. SK seemed like a good class to do it with, but I could see Monk working well too. I should have tried Vox while I was at it, maybe I'll dust that character off.

Aside from the Intricate Defiant, I think my weapon was Arcblade + Fabled Water Dragon Shield (no rec level). It might have been the SK 1.0 now that I think about it but I think it was Arcblade.

I'll check when I get home. Good chance I went ahead and leveled that character to 60 after I did that so I might not still be at the Nagafen stats/equipment.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
14 split Hearol last night.
35AD8C20-5974-4DA9-89F2-AA873D18F6A4.jpeg

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users