EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Since people seem to have figured it out, might as well talk about it now.

It's the fact that ST 1.0 loot was randomized. People banked 1000s of Writs, SoDs ect. when that shit was 1 group farmable at 70. So basically when Marcia got added in people cashed out like 500 Million plat worth of ST 1.0. As soon as these people saw KR going up they panicked and bought every available KR. Which is why it started to spike like a plat dupe existed, but then it slowed down after a few days because it's really just a one time influx of plat.

At 75 some classes can solo all seven Tier 2s in ST in a little over a hour and all the T2s in ToV is about 2-3 hours, full clearing both zones in DZ typically gives like 7-10 Nobles worth of loot, Tink masks are 2 and 6 others loot are 1 each.

At 700+k Per Krono it's not really that good of a farm anymore... unless you're like a Ranger, Monk, SK or Beastlord who doesn't box or some 2 box combos. Much better things to do with your time if you're 6 boxing. So i wouldn't expect Krono to go that much higher... at least until the level cap is 80.

Also expect since people are talking about it openly in General. I would expect DPG to remove ST 1.0 from the randomized loot table next patch. Hold on to those Tink masks

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
I made about 13M in 9 days farming the crap out of it while I could (which also included buying a ton of these drops people sold for 1-10k in the bazaar), until I was disconnected one afternoon and when trying login again got the message "This account has been suspended for cheating". The Daybreak email I got said my account has been suspended for 14 days, reason "exploiting". When opening a ticket on another account inquiring what exactly was considered "exploiting" and got the cookie cutter response of "We do not disclose our findings in these cases as doing so could enable 3rd parties to better circumvent detection, however we are confident the account was not suspended in error. Please refrain from continuing this behavior when the suspension has lifted, as additional violations of this nature may result in further account action." I followed up in stating I didn't use any dupes, any third party programs etc. and that "exploiting" is completely ambiguous, asking if they could at least give me a category or timeframe this occurred. It's been several days and they have not responded.

I assume they have some system in place to monitor how much platinum someone is making from NPCs, and if it goes over a threshold it auto-flags the account for cheating. That said, it doesn't seem they are very good at getting to the root whatever causes the issue, just flagging things when they cross a limit. The same people that were farming alongside me before have still been at it every day since this happened.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I made about 13M in 9 days farming the crap out of it while I could (which also included buying a ton of these drops people sold for 1-10k in the bazaar), until I was disconnected one afternoon and when trying login again got the message "This account has been suspended for cheating". The Daybreak email I got said my account has been suspended for 14 days, reason "exploiting". When opening a ticket on another account inquiring what exactly was considered "exploiting" and got the cookie cutter response of "We do not disclose our findings in these cases as doing so could enable 3rd parties to better circumvent detection, however we are confident the account was not suspended in error. Please refrain from continuing this behavior when the suspension has lifted, as additional violations of this nature may result in further account action." I followed up in stating I didn't use any dupes, any third party programs etc. and that "exploiting" is completely ambiguous, asking if they could at least give me a category or timeframe this occurred. It's been several days and they have not responded.

I assume they have some system in place to monitor how much platinum someone is making from NPCs, and if it goes over a threshold it auto-flags the account for cheating. That said, it doesn't seem they are very good at getting to the root whatever causes the issue, just flagging things when they cross a limit. The same people that were farming alongside me before have still been at it every day since this happened.

When you got back in did your character(s) still have all the plat and such?

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
When you got back in did your character(s) still have all the plat and such?
I will find out Wednesday. Complete BS if you ask me. The wealth I made in the 40+ hours I spent farming this stuff could easily be surpassed by a boxer farming the easy TSS raid mobs over a couple hours. So much for having an account without a single infraction in almost 24 years now. I guess I really overdid it by doing something that's been done by hundreds of players for years. Over 90% of my wealth on the account was earned by hundreds upon hundreds of hours grinding. If I come back to find all of my stuff stripped, will certainly be cancelling my accounts and keeping my distance from anything Daybreak is involved in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
So i stopped playing here in OoW , is it worth coming back for something to do until new tlp? are the giving away AAs yet?, are all the one i already ginded pointless lol , how about the likelihood of finding a weekend dad raiding guild?

Also is it possible to use mq or showeq on tlps that have progressed to a point? any info would be appreciated(dm me)

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Due to Throne and Liberty taking longer, friend and I might also come back when the Merc system comes into play. Have no interest in playing the newly announced TLP..

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Heh, 13M in 9 days is not even that much, really. I don't mean that as a slight against you, but as DPG overreacting to the grinding you were doing. I definitely don't think you did anything wrong. Plenty of people have generated more krono in less time on mischief.

Once again, it's them punishing people for their lack of foresight. If they nerfed the CoS resale, they should have thought about the ramifications for Mischief.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Heh, 13M in 9 days is not even that much, really. I don't mean that as a slight against you, but as DPG overreacting to the grinding you were doing. I definitely don't think you did anything wrong. Plenty of people have generated more krono in less time on mischief.

Once again, it's them punishing people for their lack of foresight. If they nerfed the CoS resale, they should have thought about the ramifications for Mischief.
Exactly, it's not like I found a dupe/bug and rinsed and repeated to make plat. I spent hours each day clearing zones to make it. I got an initial boost to begin with because I regularly farmed ToV once a week before this so had several of these items already in the bank and on alts. A good amount also came from buying these items in the bazaar, but now that more people know about Marcia, these items are almost never for sale below what they sell to Marcia for. I would say if you clear ST/ToV each week regularly, expect to make about 2M pp - which is not at all ridiculous or exploitative IMO.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
So i stopped playing here in OoW , is it worth coming back for something to do until new tlp? are the giving away AAs yet?, are all the one i already ginded pointless lol , how about the likelihood of finding a weekend dad raiding guild?

Also is it possible to use mq or showeq on tlps that have progressed to a point? any info would be appreciated(dm me)
or would aradune be worth playing? they just got to the expansion with mercs right?, basicly im bored and going back to p99 b/g seems like a bad idea

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I kind of expect them to remove selling of shit back for nobles all together (or just remove marcia from mischief). It’s less that 2M plat for a few hours of farming is some outrageous amount to earn, it’s that it’s a straight 2M injection of actual plat into the system for every person that is doing it. Massively increasing the plat in the system has impacts more than farming tss for gear drops and then selling them does. The first fucks with the economy in a fundamental way, the latter just depreciates the value of the gear for this expansion.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
or would aradune be worth playing? they just got to the expansion with mercs right?, basicly im bored and going back to p99 b/g seems like a bad idea
Aradune is great. We have 10 active raiding guilds that have cleared SoD. We are 5 weeks out from UF launch, which does not have a level increase.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Well, I finally got to login today and found nothing missing from any of my characters. I've contacted support several times now over the past 2 weeks asking what I did that was considered "exploiting" or to at least give me a category or timeframe I "was involved in an exploit". I've also said I would be more than willing to comply with "discontinuing this behavior" if they could tell me what behavior I need to discontinue. They have not responded or updated my tickets at all despite the multiple outreaches - what a joke. I am pretty confident now they have a unsophisticated database mechanism that auto flags accounts for cheating with characters that receive X amount of plat from a merchant within a given timeframe, which is why they have their ""We do not disclose our findings in these cases as doing so could enable 3rd parties to better circumvent detection" generic response. Seems they do little to no effort in getting to the source of what causes issues in their game, and more so auto suspending accounts with of course 100% certainty!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well, I finally got to login today and found nothing missing from any of my characters. I've contacted support several times now over the past 2 weeks asking what I did that was considered "exploiting" or to at least give me a category or timeframe I "was involved in an exploit". I've also said I would be more than willing to comply with "discontinuing this behavior" if they could tell me what behavior I need to discontinue. They have not responded or updated my tickets at all despite the multiple outreaches - what a joke. I am pretty confident now they have a unsophisticated database mechanism that auto flags accounts for cheating with characters that receive X amount of plat from a merchant within a given timeframe, which is why they have their ""We do not disclose our findings in these cases as doing so could enable 3rd parties to better circumvent detection" generic response. Seems they do little to no effort in getting to the source of what causes issues in their game, and more so auto suspending accounts with of course 100% certainty!

NO CHEATING. You may keep all your dirty, dirty ill-gotten platinum however.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm

I think it's worth coming back. I'm still playing the shit out of Mischief.

AA's have been autogranted up to PoP. So any AA's you spent on abiities/ranks that unlocked with GoD or OOW aren't pointless yet. You'll also get any Luclin-PoP AA's you didn't buy. (GoD AA's get autogranted when SoF unlocks in June).

ShowEQ/MySEQ works on on any server in any era afaik. I've never used MQ.

The TLP Guild channel in the EQ discord is a good place to shop for guilds. Quite a few guilds on Mischief have low or no raid attendance requirements to bid so there's a good chance you'll find one that fits you.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Another one for the good guys. TBS cleared in 3 hours 24 minutes.
Teamwork.png

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users