EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I am pretty sure I missed this while scanning this thread, but was it ever clarified what "named" mob means on the server?

I have seen it argued that it is only Rare named mobs from the Hunter achievements , Magelo listing here but have also seen it argued that it is any unique named, anywhere in the game.

Any confirmation?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No it's totally true. Pick pocket everything my friend, it's a separate loot table. You never need to feel even a speck of guilt.
I would run around and PP HG's in Rathe and people get so mad. Disarm and take the fine steel weapons, now thats funny.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I am pretty sure I missed this while scanning this thread, but was it ever clarified what "named" mob means on the server?

I have seen it argued that it is only Rare named mobs from the Hunter achievements , Magelo listing here but have also seen it argued that it is any unique named, anywhere in the game.

Any confirmation?

They haven't given any answers. All they've said is we'll have to see to find out.

Guessing that's their out for being lazy/inconsistent when it suits them

Needless

Toe Sucker

Any confirmation?

"Rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion"

It says on their page with info on the servers.
Con a mob, it'll say if its rare.

Any unique named mob makes zero sense or people are just going to kill everything in a zone like High pass because its filled with unique named guards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Any confirmation?

There's a specific tag that mobs have if they are *rare*. You con them and it just tells you. The Hunter achievement, especially for low level zones, includes things that may be hard to find but they do not have the *rare* flag. Things flagged rare will also spawn more frequently on Mischief.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Correct a lot of mobs will rat you out. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is, but pick pocketing in group play isn't that feasible. You can try to do it in HGs and stuff but in my experience between fails and how fast they die its not really worthwhile.

Now trolling raids by pickpocking fear golems and stuff for gems is definitely a thing but it's a lot of work.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Correct a lot of mobs will rat you out. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is, but pick pocketing in group play isn't that feasible. You can try to do it in HGs and stuff but in my experience between fails and how fast they die its not really worthwhile.

Now trolling raids by pickpocking fear golems and stuff for gems is definitely a thing but it's a lot of work.
100% remember doing this in Fear and Hate on P99.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was there supposed to be a maintenance on servers today or did I misunderstand?

• 1Picard

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
BAGSHERE.gif

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll be logging in tonight I guess! Its the Mischief server right?

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

In this thread, EQ players arguing adding a 3rd skill to your rotation is too difficult to bear.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What time does this launch and who is streaming? Would like to spend my afternoon/evening watching login screen spam.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's the strategy to get into the server quickly? Just sitting at server select screen right now will time out your login right?