EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Project M. Todd Schmidt talked about it on Alovingrobot's twitch stream a while back - he gave some more insight to why it failed. It's in this video starting at 18:30.
Damn, that's some good history. I'd pay good money for that binder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
For leveling, a cleric and enchanter are always in low supply just simply because they get a group instantly when they level - hence all being max level. In Faceless alone at max level, there are like 20-30 clerics and enchanters online at peak. The rarest classes Ive seen have been Rogue and Paladin. Shaman and rangers seem rare, but not as rare as the other two. - ya, and what Zaide said. Just didnt think of Wizard and monk for w/e reason. For w/e reason, sometimes we have a lot of clerics online but they just dont come to raid?... Guess itll change in Kunark or Velious.
Gotta be honest — I’m crazy lazy and I don’t have a ton of time to play so I’ll probably end up buying a toon at 60 of something after Kunark comes out.

In the meantime I’ll work on leveling my paladin. I’ve got a 50 Druid to help PL (already guilded last night as Drewd.) I want at least one legit character of my own, ha.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I am having a blast just speculating on how the market will change on Mischief.

For anyone that is new to TLP launches and/or krono in general, and there seems to be a TON of very naive people around this time, always exchange your plat to krono any chance you get.

That's it.

It is a literal no risk investment that will always pay out. Those prices will keep skyrocketing.

You need zero gear to clear anything until PoP basically. Anything you feel compelled to purchase (outside of weapons for melee) is probably being influenced by the nostalgia factor.

Make as much raw plat as you can right now. Buy as many krono as you possibly can and you will be set up much better to play pretty princess dressup later on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is a literal no risk investment that will always pay out. Those prices will keep skyrocketing.

Krono prices so far are not out of the norms from other servers during the same timeframe. Mangler krono was slightly higher and Aradune was slightly lower at this point.

Will be interesting to see. Krono prices normally spike at launch, then stabilize for 6 weeks and then spike again before the next expansion. Mischief wont have that cooling off period going into kunark or velious. Krono prices always spike the most in classic and velious (and end of pop when the server normally dies). However krono prices drop 15-30% at the start of Luclin and PoP.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Each TLP release brings less and less entertainment from the TLP threads.
There's no guild competition on this server whatsoever that I know of. Usually there's at least some competition/drama. The only guild that looked like it was going to roll up and compete on Mischief ended up bailing at the last second to Thornblade. Maybe there'll be a challenge to Faceless on there in the future but right now Mischief is a quiet front on these boards.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I see like, "guildmate has earned the butcherblock achievement, the gfay achievement, the lfay achievement" back to back to back. That looks exactly like how I remember MQ2 working.

Are ya'll getting bored faster than usual? Or is gearing/leveling alts with all the crazy loot keeping things interesting? At least Kunark is only a couple weeks away. I think if I come back I'll wait for Iksar.

TBH there seems to be a bug with traveler achievements. I got like, Dagnor and Unrest travelers back-to-back and I'm not warping. Saw Zaide get double a couple times, during a time when he was streaming. Etc etc. It's a bug of some sort, all of those people aren't actually warping. Though I suppose the ones that are warping are being provided some cover by said bug.

Oh interesting on the monk front. Hmm...

Yeah, surprising lack of monks, and unsurprising lack of rogues. TBH you may want to roll up a wizard. There are hardly any of those either, and the other night in Fear (IIRC, might have been Hate) we had a wizard consistently topping the raid parse.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
TBH there seems to be a bug with traveler achievements. I got like, Dagnor and Unrest travelers back-to-back and I'm not warping. Saw Zaide get double a couple times, during a time when he was streaming. Etc etc. It's a bug of some sort, all of those people aren't actually warping. Though I suppose the ones that are warping are being provided some cover by said bug.

Yeah, surprising lack of monks, and unsurprising lack of rogues. TBH you may want to roll up a wizard. There are hardly any of those either, and the other night in Fear (IIRC, might have been Hate) we had a wizard consistently topping the raid parse.
Cool. I’d say wizard is my least played EQ class by far. I didn’t realize they were particularly powerful until later.

Sterling

El Presidente
Wizards are amazing in classic other than Sky. They have some spots where they're amazing in Kunark, but there's A LOT of lure fights which is bad. Velious comes back to Wizards being amazing on the fights that actually matter.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
You need zero gear to clear anything until PoP basically. Anything you feel compelled to purchase (outside of weapons for melee) is probably being influenced by the nostalgia factor.

It's true that if you bring a full raid to shit you don't really need gear to clear content. I'd warn against having shit gear through, the better you're geared the faster you can kill stuff and the less people you can kill stuff with.

Sure it's not worth it to spend KR on a hate BP.
But being the retard tank with a Fine Steel BP in Velious isn't smart either.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You don't need best in slot.

It's been said a few times here before the 2nd best is usually pennies on the dollar.

Grab cheap hp/mana gear and you're good to go. =)

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You don't need best in slot.

It's been said a few times here before the 2nd best is usually pennies on the dollar.

Grab cheap hp/mana gear and you're good to go. =)
This is what I do. The first few expansions gear really isn't a huge deal, outside of a few edge cases, and the cheap stuff really is fine.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Whelp, I resisted the nostalgia the last few TLPs, but I'm installing now, can't resist this concept alongside Kunark.

I want to remember how to force classic models though and can't remember what I did. There used to be like, some files you deleted and that forced stuff like wolves/skeletons/etc to be classic. And I feel like you had to re delete them every time you loaded the launcher. Anyone know what the files are?

Does anyone also remember how to force old spell effects (particles) as well? I remember spell effects were possible to do by deleting something as well. And does anyone have a link to old spell icons?

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Its funny you guys mention a shortage of monks, cause there seems to be a shortage of monks on Thornblade as well. Was the highest class total signed up going into launch with like 30+ and ended up with like 6. Always expect like 1/3 to 1/2 not to show up from launch list but not that much.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Whelp, I resisted the nostalgia the last few TLPs, but I'm installing now, can't resist this concept alongside Kunark.

I want to remember how to force classic models though and can't remember what I did. There used to be like, some files you deleted and that forced stuff like wolves/skeletons/etc to be classic. And I feel like you had to re delete them every time you loaded the launcher. Anyone know what the files are?

Does anyone also remember how to force old spell effects as well? I remember spell effects were possible to do by deleting something as well. And does anyone have a link to old spell icons?

Spell icons you can change as a part of your UI. I don't know about any fancy tricks to force old models but over time they've been replaced in older expansions. I think all of the skeletons and most of the wolves are now old model by default.

edit - if you just finished leveling and are in rags and are only willing to buy what a website says is your bis as people scoop up cheap gear on their alts let it be known for all time that I hate your rotten innards.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone also remember how to force old spell effects (particles) as well? I remember spell effects were possible to do by deleting something as well. And does anyone have a link to old spell icons?
When you are at server select, go into your EQ folder, and delete these.

/everquest/spellsnew.edd
/everquest/spellsnew.eff

Then log into your server. Then turn your spell effects to the highest setting under environment. iirc

I did this last night and it works pretty well except for effects on your body.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Iirc, you have to do something with your own files and not use the patcher to login.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh, that sounds right. Do what Mur said. I think you need to then skip the patcher or be willing to delete that shit each time you play?

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
People act like you die when you run out of krono. I spend that shit for the slightest convenience.

• 1Worf