EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"My server was bigger at X time period than your server" has to be some of the least interesting dick measuring this side of Magelo.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Since the markets pretty much gone, I havent gone out of my way to collect anymore mats/hides/etc. But if you get the mats, I'll get my mage to make it for you.
Found someone baller earlier to do them all for me. Should be good now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Left some gator steaks as offerings
EQ000975.jpg

Bunnies
EQ000977.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I wonder what made Mangler such a success, it’s a bit of an outlier.
Aradune's poor launch had to play a role, as well as more people being inside because of Covid, causing them to play more/longer and get more of an attachment with their characters (and getting past LDoN).

I also think a Coirnav exodus helped some. In Pop/LDoN there seemed to be a pretty healthy amount of Coirnav players that rerolled on Mangler -- one was an entire guild and the other was a large part of a guild that eventually formed the core of the current top guild on the server.. I'm not sure what expansions they were in at the time.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Covid definitely helped. They even made Mangler a F2P server for a month early in the lockdown.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
All I want out of Mischief/Throneblade is for them to be successful enough to encourage more experimentation with alternate rule sets.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wonder what made Mangler such a success, it’s a bit of an outlier.

I think there is a bit of an on/off happening. We joke about people quitting for each new tlp, but some seem more of an every other.

To add to that, coirnav was kind of a drag and a ton of people went for agnarr and may have decided to give a reroll a shot. Also, selo brought a TON of attention to eq and I'd wager many of the people hearing about rappaport calling you a babydick or icet telling me to read a book didn't actually care for selo, they weren't tlp vets, they wanted classic. Mangler was adjusted to tick a lot of the boxes for those people.

Aradune also suffered from a bit of a toxic environment. A ton of garbage left mangler for there and from what I hear from mangler friends, their server got better not worse when aradune and riz jacked people.

Aradune itself suffered from something that I think a lot of you don't want to admit or even believe... non rmting boxers are often the best people on a server. There are exceptions, but people who throw 3+ toons together tend to be attentive if nothing else, and are often self sufficient and low drama. 1 boxers hog the majority of the entitled folks. So yes aradune did attract some great folks... but they found themselves surrounded by screaming infants. The low drama chill people mostly stayed on mangler or a small number went rizlona.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Covid definitely helped. They even made Mangler a F2P server for a month early in the lockdown.

This is true but also from Feb until April Mangler crashed every 24-36 hours also. That was another reason they did the free month.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
All I want out of Mischief/Throneblade is for them to be successful enough to encourage more experimentation with alternate rule sets.
Selo was pretty successful. It might be part of the reason we got Mischief. I feel like they should do one "alternate" rules server and 1 "normal" each go-round.

Daidraco

I just figured mischief would have way more drama with this rule set. Which really hasn’t appeared to be the case. If anything, I’ve just started to look at gear as if they were stocks. Do I buy the Amazon stock and hope I make 4-8k before prices dip on it? Or do I do a safe stock like Boeing and know for sure I’ll make 500-1000. I didn’t have this much platinum until SOV in live and that’s just wild af to me.

Certain items in Kunark I’m anticipating being way more than current comparable items. I’m thinking items that will go for a ton are like green dragon scale for example. Those that really wanted to prepare for warrior epic now, will probably throw an ungodly number on what will essentially be the last raid piece.

Then you have oddities based off nostalgia like an FBSS selling for 3-4K platinum, where a 21% sky belt is selling for 2-2.5k. Doesn’t make any sense, but it’s happening. But on the other side, you have popular dragon loot that is BIS now, but people know it will be replaced day one in Kunark that’s falling in price like a rock.

I’ve dug my feet in, regardless. I don’t feel like I’m constantly trying to catch up on this server like I was on Aradune. Where I’m behind a bunch of people in dkp that barely logged in. That also put you behind some stupid - play this much before you can actually gain anything rule. Which is probably a similar reason why people constantly TLP swap. Experiencing regular DKP from the ass end like that changed my entire view point.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Pulling bats to djarn and this gem dropped. Laughed my ass off.
1623047949529.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'd kill for a Discord server again. does anyone remember that shit? One death and your character was unplayable.

I also loved the monster server. Sometimes I feel like I imagined it, because it was so long ago and for such a short period of time. But you would randomly start as a level 4 snake in commonlands, or a level 16 aqua goblin in lake rathe. lol it was hilarious.

Yes please to new rulesets. Let's keep this train going forever haha.

• 1Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I'd kill for a Discord server again. does anyone remember that shit? One death and your character was unplayable.

I also loved the monster server. Sometimes I feel like I imagined it, because it was so long ago and for such a short period of time. But you would randomly start as a level 4 snake in commonlands, or a level 16 aqua goblin in lake rathe. lol it was hilarious.

Yes please to new rulesets. Let's keep this train going forever haha.
Project M. Todd Schmidt talked about it on Alovingrobot's twitch stream a while back - he gave some more insight to why it failed. It's in this video starting at 18:30.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Any classes in particular there’s a shortage of? Always the usual? Cleric / enchanter?

I know play what’s fun and all that. I’ve got a 14 paladin now, which I’m looking forward to eventually playing in PoP if I don’t get bored by then, but that’s a long way off.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Any classes in particular there’s a shortage of? Always the usual? Cleric / enchanter?

I know play what’s fun and all that. I’ve got a 14 paladin now, which I’m looking forward to eventually playing in PoP if I don’t get bored by then, but that’s a long way off.
There are tons of Enchanters; and never enough Clerics. I don’t see a lot of Rangers, Wizards or oddly Monks.

• 2Like

Daidraco

For leveling, a cleric and enchanter are always in low supply just simply because they get a group instantly when they level - hence all being max level. In Faceless alone at max level, there are like 20-30 clerics and enchanters online at peak. The rarest classes Ive seen have been Rogue and Paladin. Shaman and rangers seem rare, but not as rare as the other two. - ya, and what Zaide said. Just didnt think of Wizard and monk for w/e reason. For w/e reason, sometimes we have a lot of clerics online but they just dont come to raid?... Guess itll change in Kunark or Velious.

• 2Like