EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wizard don't need no stinkin' groups. Kite away.

Kiting is pretty rough pre Kunark. No Snare, unless TLP is different? Wizards first snare was 52 if I recall correctly. There are however some decent camps. Cyndreela is good for Wizards, if she still gives exp and isn't fucked from some modern change (erudite outside fear). But that's 40+.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yesterday I ran my own DZ of hate to just casually grind through with my 6 box.

Goddamn it was just a wonderfully relaxing time. Collected plenty of armor and gems while only killing my toons once.

Decided to pop into plane of fear solo afterwords. Killed 1 mob and it dropped a Blighted Robe. Right after I looted it I got death touched by Dread and figured that would be a good place to call it for the day. =)
Dude wtf. invite my necro next time! (if on Mischief)

Sterling

El Presidente
Kiting is pretty rough pre Kunark. No Snare, unless TLP is different? Wizards first snare was 52 if I recall correctly. There are however some decent camps. Cyndreela is good for Wizards, if she still gives exp and isn't fucked from some modern change (erudite outside fear). But that's 40+.
Bonds of Force is 27. But TLP soloing is aids with group xp bonuses ratcheted up to the levels they are at.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished Robe of Lost Circle at 44. Ended up having to buy the rarer head drop from SK.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker

bonds is 27, so it's not actually that bad
It goes against my 2 button gameplay however

sit
nuke

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Keon is a known piece of shit that likes to run a zerg guild in the beginning of TLPs.

Also, jesus fuck, everyone talks about how fast and easy leveling is but if you're behind the curve, it's full of so many roadblocks. PL groups in both picks of Sol A keeping every gnome dead, someone clearing out anything high level in Upper Guk, even all the higher cons in Permafrost were dead. It's frustrating.

Plus, literally every rare spawn has someone camping it.
What level are you? Outside of the 22-26ish range the game has basically infinite camps to level with pick zones.

It's always crazy how few people go to live side Lower Guk on TLPs. Like 6 or 7 picks of untouched 27-43 prime xp spots.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What level are you? Outside of the 22-26ish range the game has basically infinite camps to level with pick zones.

It's always crazy how few people go to live side Lower Guk on TLPs. Like 6 or 7 picks of untouched 27-43 prime xp spots.
It was in that range, heh. Finally managed to get some good sol a time after the PLers left and got up to 32. I six box with a group not optimized for fast leveling so pretty happy with the progress.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I decided this time to be friends with live frogs. It's so nice to just be able to run down to the dead side and not have to deal with the live frogs near the entrance.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been thinking about Kunark. It's going to be interesting if VS loot is shared between lvl 55 names. All these 'epic drop mobs' and if they are tagged as rare may also share their loot tables. Not knowing has me really excited.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You'd be surprised how many actual newbies there are on the server. Everybody likes to talk about how everyone is on their 47th TLP but there are a lot of people who have not played any TLP ever and even some who have not played EverQuest.
As someone who brought a person that'd never played EQ before into a TLP, the most frustrating thing is watching them stand and take damage, when to this day my instinct even in other MMOs is to run for my life. If you kite you are invincible. Never mind that other group in your path, this is why we make a hotkey for shouting train.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Been thinking about Kunark. It's going to be interesting if VS loot is shared between lvl 55 names. All these 'epic drop mobs' and if they are tagged as rare may also share their loot tables. Not knowing has me really excited.
It won't VS is raid flagged.
Spirit Wracked Cord will be a randomized drop which will be pretty wild.
How they handle Chardok Royals and some of the other Epic "raid" mobs will be interesting.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’ve got an ogre sk cazic worshipper at 50.

Think I’m going to make him my main over the paladin I was leveling until an expansion or two down the line to play paladin.

From my understanding I could race change to Iksar when Kunark comes out. 🤔

I don’t think frontal stun immunity is all that important for someone like me. What say you all? I know it limits armor a bit until Velious, but the regen is nice, AC bonus, Greenmist which I’ve never done before would be ostensibly easier, is epic 1.0 actually harder as Iksar for any reason? I’ve never done SK epic before either and sounds like a fun goal with things being easier on this server.

• 1Solidarity

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’ve got an ogre sk cazic worshipper at 50.

Think I’m going to make him my main over the paladin I was leveling until an expansion or two down the line to play paladin.

From my understanding I could race change to Iksar when Kunark comes out. 🤔

I don’t think frontal stun immunity is all that important for someone like me. What say you all? I know it limits armor a bit until Velious, but the regen is nice, AC bonus, Greenmist which I’ve never done before would be ostensibly easier, is epic 1.0 actually harder as Iksar for any reason? I’ve never done SK epic before either and sounds like a fun goal with things being easier on this server.

I've only played an iksar. They also have much higher INT, and if you want to top DPS early on then mana is what you need. By AoW and Vulak I was consistently in the top 3 dps rotating the greenmist proc, epic 1.0 proc and then vulak 2hs for attacking. Always had someone to cure Vulak's slow too.

Edit*: Didn't answer your question; Greenmist is easier as an iksar, I'm not sure how the SK epic could be harder.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
SK race is irrelevant since you should be switching to gnome in Luclin as is proper.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I've only played an iksar. They also have much higher INT, and if you want to top DPS early on then mana is what you need. By AoW and Vulak I was consistently in the top 3 dps rotating the greenmist proc, epic 1.0 proc and then vulak 2hs for attacking. Always had someone to cure Vulak's slow too.

Edit*: Didn't answer your question; Greenmist is easier as an iksar, I'm not sure how the SK epic could be harder.
Thanks!

Don’t have to worry about clicking guise every time I zone either. Think I’m gonna do it. I really want that Greenmist.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I might actually sub for kunark. Iksar monk master race class
Ive heard more people than not are going to start playing the server when Kunark launches, so you wouldnt be the only one. I imagine the lack of monks at 50 right now are a symptom of that.

Regarding Greenmist, thats not the only weapon that people are looking at. Im between the warrior quested 1hs in Kunark, and the hate blade of the warrior epic - the two are just dominant (since Dagas is a fools errand on this type of server, and the hammer out of VP has wisdom on it and is probably going to sell for a pretty penny too.) Looking at my BIS for the warrior and.. I wont see any major upgrades till VELIOUS* which is pretty cool.

Really looking forward to Kunark and glad its dropping on the 23rd since Im leaving for a week for vacation for July 4th. Just hope its not opening up super late in day (eastern) like some people are hinting at.

Last edited:

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ive heard more people than not are going to start playing the server when Kunark launches, so you wouldnt be the only one. I imagine the lack of monks at 50 right now are a symptom of that.

Regarding Greenmist, thats not the only weapon that people are looking at. Im between the warrior quested 1hs in Kunark, and the hate blade of the warrior epic - the two are just dominant (since Dagas is a fools errand on this type of server, and the hammer out of VP has wisdom on it and is probably going to sell for a pretty penny too.) Looking at my BIS for the warrior and.. I wont see any major upgrades till Luclin which is pretty cool.

Really looking forward to Kunark and glad its dropping on the 23rd since Im leaving for a week for vacation for July 4th. Just hope its not opening up super late in day (eastern) like some people are hinting at.
Velious gives BoC, primals, wavecrasher and something off Vulak I'm sure. Not -quite- the wait you think for Luclin.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Velious gives BoC, primals, wavecrasher and something off Vulak I'm sure. Not -quite- the wait you think for Luclin.
Yes, SoV. No idea why I wrote Luclin. But in that same breath, that shit is not going to be anywhere NEAR non-whale costs. So GL with all that.

• 1Like