EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I want anyone who plays on this server to take extensive notes and screenshots and provide weekly story time.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want anyone who plays on this server to take extensive notes and screenshots and provide weekly story time.

Week 3 of killing Vulak and get "Vekletor's spellbook, Hammer of Battle and Iron Scroll of War. The raiders are starting to mutiny"

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trading sky keys is a lovely concept as well, it always felt bad getting left behind on the first clear of sky and just simply being key locked for the later islands.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Week 3 of killing Vulak and get "Vekletor's spellbook, Hammer of Battle and Iron Scroll of War. The raiders are starting to mutiny"
Velk dropping gharns and mrylokars dagger poggers.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Or just say fuck it and if someone wants to sell their gear they spent DKP on let 'em

Which sounds horrible to me. Basically preventing your guild form getting stronger because you want krono for what is most likely something stupid(brag about your amount,sell for $ or for future servers). You're just an anchor holding it down for the dumbest reason. "Why is the tank dying so fast?" "Oh sorry he is in basic gear and some cheap stuff from last expansion, he sells anything he wins for max krono gains!!".

The only cool part I see coming out of is for 2 boxers, who can drop gear to their box when done with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yep, imagine having MTs selling off their gear for taco bell money and holding the guild back. If you think that's obscene and would be stamped out quickly by officers, then why should it be different for other classes?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The reality is the loot wont really matter like it normally does.

The sheer amount of loot being pushed into the server by literally every player combined with rot drops instead of going to some guys "better than rotting" section of his 40 slot bag, will be getting sold off in the market. Hate gear sets drop a fucking ton, full sets of rogue planar gear probably rotted 15-20 times a day in classic instead will be flooded into the market making what was once decent items, simply worthless vendor trash compared to planar chests.

Every ranger will be swinging flux axes at lvl 1 my dudes.

For better, or worse. I still love it.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Dream weaver also said that it will launch with an overflow server that will merge into the regular server to help the influx of people

• 4Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They need to introduce a 200 slot bag for as many dollars for this server. You'll probably want more than one.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, their insistence on always starting in classic and making PoP last fucking forever really holds a lot of these servers back from being super interesting.

Selo was the closest they got to "right"/different, but I'm so utterly sick of them not launching at least in Kunark. I've said it repeatedly, but that expansion widens the leveling options so massively that it's stupid to ever start without it enabled, unless you're doing some weird ass classic only version of the game. Random loot will help spread things out a little bit, but classic is still so fucking limited with its leveling/dungeon options.

Yeah, just once I'd like to see a server start in Kunark for the level 1+ leveling options. They did it for Luclin with Selo. Also REALLY want to see a server start in TSS for the same reason, level 1+ leveling options. Have mentioned it in other threads, but a TSS start would get so much use out of the TSS leveling zones compared to how little normal servers use them. It'd be brand new content for most people, probably. It's also the advent of quest-based achievements in the game, so completionists could have a blast on a TSS-start server.

In the meantime there's no reason not to start a couple servers on Kunark. At least with Mischief they have a reason for the classic start: Entirely new experimental mechanics that players can test from the ground up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Zaide Zaide 's stream has me hype.

I personally love the replayability these servers offer. Ill usally randomly create a char every other year or so on FV and then just deck it out with gear and go rampage zones. It will be a similar but difference experience being that there will still be a population playing in those zones with a slower xp rate.

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider

Server launch is going to be the biggest shitshow in the history of EQ if they aren't planning a duplicate/merge. Aradune last year at least had Rizlona taking a bit of the slack off. Live server players with no interest in TLPs might actually try playing here as well just for how out there it is.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well fuck. Guess I gotta roll up this dude again. This sounds awesome. Rogue incoming.

View attachment 351164

Nice. Is the guild name a reference to something from the Zimzam case?

This server is going to be wild.

Yeah. SK or Monk LFGuild, unless I finally decide to Necro it up. Definitely something with FD this time, no question.

I think this will be the most popular TLP ever, everyone is going to want to check it out because it is just so different

I think you're right, and unfortunately the timing is just right that I think it'll be the thing to kill Phinny. Phinny hits live either the same day as Mischief launch or the week before it. A lot of people stuck around this long but I get the feeling they're gonna be abandoning ship fast once the server is done progressing. OGC will likely be the only guild to beat Neo Vulak and that'll probably be it for a lot of people. Phinny will be legit missed.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
maybe i'm crazy, but i always liked having to go to various zones to camp stuff (to what extent that's even possible in tlp's anymore). ssra to do the bard clicky, or mistmoore for hbc or seb for fungi etc. totally unplugging the loot from the zone makes this entire thing sounds like PoE or something. mindless loot fiesta. FV loot rules are very nice though.

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
With Free Trade AND AoCs this server will have the most geared players ever once we start getting into Velious/Luclin era and people start selling their old raid gear.

Also free AA clickies for everyone!

K6fcGva.png

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users