EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not just the mana efficiency, its also the fast cast time and the fact that there is no cooldown or recast. Also, they don't draw much agro and they have a -resist adjustment. You can just sit there and spam that shit. The dps is quite incredible and if you have Clarity + Bard, you can just go to town without much mana issues. It is pretty crazy how good those UD nukes are.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Wizard nukes are more mana efficient than Cleric undead nukes.

They're pretty close to each other. I've leveled a lot of classes, and I have to admit that wizard was one of my least favorite. Their snare is annoying, they can't take hits, their mana regen is alright if they sit around and look stupid. It feels like a bad magician. What makes them fun is you can go Aloha snackbar for a bit and just dump your mana. It can feel gratifying to have a bad pull just erase one from the equation.

Cleric can definitely out dps them over time, especially later on. They can take quite a beating with their self heals, and their melee dps gets good. Clerics are far superior solo'rs, because they can just do more. It's the same reason I'd rather play a magician solo over a wizard. A magician brings so many tools to the game that a wizard just doesn't have. Wizards are pretty much lol burst and not much more.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's not just the mana efficiency, its also the fast cast time and the fact that there is no cooldown or recast. Also, they don't draw much agro and they have a -resist adjustment. You can just sit there and spam that shit. The dps is quite incredible and if you have Clarity + Bard, you can just go to town without much mana issues. It is pretty crazy how good those UD nukes are.

Frost Storm is far more efficient than banish undead and wizard damage is usually only limited by the tanks ability to hold aggro.

The -50 resist adjustment is nice, though

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm coming back for this. I'm strongly considering a Cleric as a main. Partially because I've never mained a cleric, only boxed one. Being that I'm a player who can min/max, if I develop a reputation of being a good cleric, finding enchanter partners to do crazy stuff with should be easy. Getting into raids/groups is no problem. I also daydream about stupid soloable stuff cause of being a cleric. Wasn't there a cleric who could solo vindi or something at the time of velious?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm coming back for this. I'm strongly considering a Cleric as a main. Partially because I've never mained a cleric, only boxed one. Being that I'm a player who can min/max, if I develop a reputation of being a good cleric, finding enchanter partners to do crazy stuff with should be easy. Getting into raids/groups is no problem. I also daydream about stupid soloable stuff cause of being a cleric. Wasn't there a cleric who could solo vindi or something at the time of velious?

Solo vindi at the time of velious? I'm gonna guess no, call it a wild hunch. It probably got possible around lvl 70-75 if I had to guess? He does a lot of damage for one person. Statue is probably easier to solo.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Frost Storm is far more efficient than banish undead and wizard damage is usually only limited by the tanks ability to hold aggro.

The -50 resist adjustment is nice, though

Yeah, that's something that not everyone is up to speed on even still. The rains are bread and butter nukes. If you have time/mana you can weave a single target in the middle.

Juvarisx

Florida
Anyone have a good UI layout for 1920x1080 using Sparxx UI or similiar? Havent played since Agnarr so I cant quite get it back to "right"

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone have a good link to resources for getting prepped with UI and making sure I'd be ready for release day? I assume it's just sign up for the paid account.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
What is there to remotely love about Cleric?
I mained a Cleric and *likely* would've killed you in a duel... virtually any class (long, slow death tho)... loved killing time after raids in the arena :) and we solo'd stuff like SKs. An actual cleric playing a cleric well is a beast.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Anyone have a good link to resources for getting prepped with UI and making sure I'd be ready for release day? I assume it's just sign up for the paid account.
In updating mine from last time, the main thing I noticed was these weird checkboxes on the group window. That turned out to be voice chat speaking icons, which I guess were removed. (eq has voice chat!?)

Oh and they added threat numbers for all group members I think. Mine are behind the big F2 F3 F4 etc buttons, still need to fix that.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Looking for a paladin for an undead-centric static group. Will also take a ranger or SK but prefer a paladin because of the undead-centricness. Whoever wants to play a paladin, we want YOU.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looking for a paladin for an undead-centric static group. Will also take a ranger or SK but prefer a paladin because of the undead-centricness. Whoever wants to play a paladin, we want YOU.

Conceited GIF by memecandy

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I mained a Cleric and *likely* would've killed you in a duel... virtually any class (long, slow death tho)... loved killing time after raids in the arena :) and we solo'd stuff like SKs. An actual cleric playing a cleric well is a beast.
This is a bizarre claim. There's so many factors around era, gear and what not that can influence this, but there is one universal truth that Clerics are mediocre duelists in all of those situations. An extremely competent and geared warrior was always my greatest challenge in pvp, but those are like unicorns in russia.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
As someone who mained a cleric back on Live, totally agree. I had the full set up of damage shield clickies and resist flowers and mana drain mace.

I won a caster only BOTB on my server as a cleric lol. Won the title "The Keeper of the Ages".

The one class I had trouble with in any duel was Bard. Everyone else just killed themselves attacking me or running themselves OOM.

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
This is a bizarre claim. There's so many factors around era, gear and what not that can influence this, but there is one universal truth that Clerics are mediocre duelists in all of those situations. An extremely competent and geared warrior was always my greatest challenge in pvp, but those are like unicorns in russia.
The combat clerics have huge damage shields so everyone who melees just gets smoked while the cleric grabs a cigg and heals themselves.

• 1Like