EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Coka

Golden Squire
Congratulations on the new world record! I'm sure there will be some complaints about Server rule set, faster exp, the fact that Zaide did it.

But a world record is still a world record.

Make sure you shit post everywhere about how great you are at the game!

• 1Salty
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Congratulations on the new world record! I'm sure there will be one complaint from Atabishi about the fact that Zaide did it.

Fixed that for you.

I strongly feel as if no one else actually gives a shit negatively.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a great server no doubt, i said a long time ago the TLP needs a league mechanic basically and this is great. Something new with something old.

I however feel they might have done too much between random loot and no drop tags removed. Both could have supported a TLP exclusively.

Twinking will be the most fun part of mischief imo!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What they need to do is just leave the bonus exp going on the server. Leveling (outside of an organized premade) is so much more reasonable with it on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Need a guild on mischief. anyone in a decent one with some solid players that are still leveling? Need a pimp group to level with.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Anyone who complains about the loot pinata is an out of touch killjoy who has no concept of fun.

• 7Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Naggy, Vox, Inno, CT loot should not be dropping off minis for example just because they are in the same level range. Another good example down the road is AOW Vulak loot should not drop off Vindicator just because they are in the same level range.

Why not?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The nature of the server particularly with how sky keys work would make it unfortunate if the top guilds didn't have very fast clear times for classic. keying literally everyone immediately makes a huge difference.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
What gets me is how everyone I know on these servers seems to be having a blast and a lot of my old roi pals are enjoying it even casually, while the forums are full of people who say they don't play there going apeshit over a zaide or bick stream showing mobs dropping loot they shouldn't be dropping. Other people can enjoy the server rules, while I'll enjoy forum whining.
Most of the people (including in this very thread) who are complaining are infamous RMTers, e.g. Elderan who has been automating SG on multiple servers for years.

I do think this ruleset probably undermines the sort of economy those guys thrive on, although as valuable as plat will be their typical automated plat farming is likely to be decent for them longer term.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.View attachment 355914
In our static, we had rares not drop anything too. Then, in higher camps like Lguk or Hole - they drop nothing but f'n Kedge loot. Doesnt matter now that Im 50, but they should dial down the Kedge Loot drops by a mile.
im going to assume reporting people that pickhop to KS rares is pointless yeah? or people that blantantly use showeq etc?
I dont think the majority of people in EQ care about someone using SEQ cause most of them are using it too. Im sitting in SolA at Goblin Castle, and a mage in my group is just saying "Pull Shaman, hes up." "pull Torturer, hes up." Didnt hurt my feelings, nor did I care. What a buddy and I was laughing about was the achievement spam in guild chat where people would get exploration chievs for zones in like 5 second increments. How do you go NRO to LGuk in less than 3 minutes lol. I dont really care about that either though. What I do care about is people using Far Taunt. We're sitting in HAM and as soon as the arch mage pops, it just randomly started running. We chased it allllll the way back to where the group was sitting in Frenzy and had to out damage them on it to win the kill. That ... was some real bullshit.
If anyone has a magic weapon or two they could pass on to my ranger it would be appreciated. Not above hand outs. Hit me up on iyniy if you do.
Janx Janx , people are vendoring all kinds of shit. Just ask in guild and someone will give you something when they head back to town to sell. As stated above, it'll more than likely be the swords/spears from Kedge.
Lol this company is so fucking bad. They literally couldn't take a single day to just spam kill various shit and realize that their system wasn't working correctly? Good thing I passed on this shit show, was real close to playing it.
I think you're trolling, as per your persona. But I cant remember having this much fun playing EQ with no drama tied to it. Rares popping 3 out of 4 rounds and everyone in the group going "LETS GOOOOOO" only to hit the jack pot, or get pure shit. lol If you legit didnt play this weekend and missed the exp bonus, then the jokes on you not us.
Naggy, Vox, Inno, CT loot should not be dropping off minis for example just because they are in the same level range. Another good example down the road is AOW Vulak loot should not drop off Vindicator just because they are in the same level range.
But thats kind of what the hype train is about on this server?
server needs more research nerds, i need my damn rain spells
I plan to grind it out today on my box mage "Titusraco" - msg me or the mage in game and Ill ask you if you still need it when I get to that skill level. Im not paying what people want for a f'n mage pet. But I at least understand that itll be a short market.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Joined an UR basement group, everyone in the group walked out with a Ring of the Ancients and we got two DE masks to boot.
Im having fun

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
It would make sense that Vindi has a chance to drop AOW/Vulak loot, but it is less likely than AOW dropping AOW/Vulak loot. Similarly, AOW should have a chance of dropping Vindi loot but be more likely to drop better shit. Keeps the roulette wheel spinning without making it optimal to many-split Vindi and skip AOW.

It also seems too complicated.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most of the people (including in this very thread) who are complaining are infamous RMTers, e.g. Elderan who has been automating SG on multiple servers for years.

I do think this ruleset probably undermines the sort of economy those guys thrive on, although as valuable as plat will be their typical automated plat farming is likely to be decent for them longer term.

This ruleset will not hurt the RMT market at all, defiantly give it a big boost over Aradune.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It would make sense that Vindi has a chance to drop AOW/Vulak loot, but it is less likely than AOW dropping AOW/Vulak loot. Similarly, AOW should have a chance of dropping Vindi loot but be more likely to drop better shit. Keeps the roulette wheel spinning without making it optimal to many-split Vindi and skip AOW.

It also seems too complicated.

Alot depends on what their intention was with the drops. I am pretty sure zero testing was done and until they tweak things I dont think we even know what they wanted.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
More fun than I've had in EQ in ages. Super casual, still only level 13, but that's cause I get a whopping hour a day maybe. But enjoying. Rogue is tough though, so useless so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Elderan Elderan can you give us some breakdowns on server population that you’ve observed so far? How do Mischief and TB compare to previous servers etc.