EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could think of some place but it would render sneaking useless. It is a magic world after all.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Do necro dots still count all their damage up front when determining contested fights or did they fix that?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Cool. Lot of late night <elf sim> dudes like to run around KSing. Needed to know where I stood when contesting.
I'd gladly join if you need a hand With Elf Sim. I'm pretty sure I just saw my first warper in poFear--not Elf Sim. I was running away but had my camera panned on them when they warped both toons...oops.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I'd gladly join if you need a hand With Elf Sim. I'm pretty sure I just saw my first warper in poFear--not Elf Sim. I was running away but had my camera panned on them when they warped both toons...oops.

On Thornblade we have non bards outrunning brother q in south karana... while running backwards. Also chanters warping into random buildings in the hole, charming a mob and warping back to their camp across the zone.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I mean, as long as we have Elderan Elderan bots and his friends bots far-taunting on their AFK macroquest groups, then it's pretty safe to assume the lesser cheating is fine.

This guy Elderan Elderan and his friends literally far-taunt / warp pull at all their AFK camps and nothing happens to them.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Macroquest will probably become more and more commonplace for the foreseeable future.

Phinigel and Agnarr launch while not totally clean will probably represent a high point for hack free EQ gameplay for many years to come.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Macroquest will probably become more and more commonplace for the foreseeable future.

Phinigel and Agnarr launch while not totally clean will probably represent a high point for hack free EQ gameplay for many years to come.
The problem they have is the standard of proof to issue a ban is just ridiculous. You are more likely to get banned while 4 boxing with no 3rd party programs than you are for 12 boxing using MQ because at a minimum you need triggers set up if a GM ever talks to you.

They need to let GMs ban for failing the eyeball test and do so much more aggressively. You will never stop the botters who make RL money totally but having more enforcement means you won't have your otherwise legitimate players all start to cheat too because they figure fuck it might as well.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
fwiw, I doubt with 99% certainty that anyone warping (or using any active hack) is using mqnext (any open source warp plugins you'd find on old mmobugs/redguides post would get you banned/flagged easily.) also i see on redguides lvl 2 they dont support mischief/tb TLP (but can't view the actual contents of the post) - and their source only has oct 2020's eqgame offsets. so no one is building their own version of redguide's mq2 for TLP.

anyone who is warping is using something that's been around before mischief/tb. also, it's just my experience, but there were warpers on agnarr. so you may be right that macroquest is more commonplace (because of mqnext), but don't lump it in with active hacks

Louis

Trakanon Raider
The problem they have is the standard of proof to issue a ban is just ridiculous. You are more likely to get banned while 4 boxing with no 3rd party programs than you are for 12 boxing using MQ because at a minimum you need triggers set up if a GM ever talks to you.

They need to let GMs ban for failing the eyeball test and do so much more aggressively. You will never stop the botters who make RL money totally but having more enforcement means you won't have your otherwise legitimate players all start to cheat too because they figure fuck it might as well.
My favorite is how painfully obvious and plentiful you see people running around with stick turned on. Anyone who has played EQ for a small increment of time knows theres no way in hell you can drag 5 characters using /follow through a dungeon with that precision and speed.

I dont even think stick is a bad thing but moreso just immediately confirms they are running macaroniquest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
fwiw, I doubt with 99% certainty that anyone warping (or using any active hack) is using mqnext (any open source warp plugins you'd find on old mmobugs/redguides post would get you banned/flagged easily.) also i see on redguides lvl 2 they dont support mischief/tb TLP (but can't view the actual contents of the post) - and their source only has oct 2020's eqgame offsets. so no one is building their own version of redguide's mq2 for TLP.

anyone who is warping is using something that's been around before mischief/tb. also, it's just my experience, but there were warpers on agnarr. so you may be right that macroquest is more commonplace (because of mqnext), but don't lump it in with active hacks
The warping and bard speed is most likely Abyss' baby. It's much more noob friendly than mqnext is.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

You know what’s crazy, one of my bards on Agnarr got banned for MQ and the guy was dumb enough to post his video evidence here. He was sitting in South Karana using bind sight on a bard running around on the opposite end of the zone. This caused it to look like warping as it only updated visually periodically.

I was able to recreate it and show it was just shitty EQ client and not hacks and they unbanned him.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My favorite is how painfully obvious and plentiful you see people running around with stick turned on. Anyone who has played EQ for a small increment of time knows theres no way in hell you can drag 5 characters using /follow through a dungeon with that precision and speed.

I dont even think stick is a bad thing but moreso just immediately confirms they are running macaroniquest.
The best way to test it is to just /follow the leader yourself. Follow works outside of group now. If they’re using stick it will be a lot different than your character following.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Stick and follow are really easy to just eyeball if the person is doing anything besides running in a straight line at full speed. You can't use /follow of your own a a valid way of testing because lag factors in heavily with /follow. Stick follows the exact path of the person that your stuck to took. Follow tries to run to the spot they currently are, the eyeball test and understanding how they work is simply the best method.

It's really weird that Daybreak recognizes how bad mass botting//boxing is for servers as a whole but still refuses to do anything meaningful to stop it.
Still works with Ebolt and VotS. As soon as 1 tick goes, it's full damage no matter when it dies.
This is false.

The best way to describe how dots work in DPS races is that they don't. Most common thing i've seen with them is that you get 2 free ticks, but it's just really inconsistent.

• 1Dislike

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
The best way to test it is to just /follow the leader yourself. Follow works outside of group now. If they’re using stick it will be a lot different than your character following.

See Exhibit A:

Lax used to do impressive little splits like it was the 2018 Winter Games drone swarm. He would have made more krono just dancing in EC tunnel with his full raid.

• 1Worf