EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya they havent done Manastone in 10 years at least. I thought Rubicite would be in by now with the quick classic run.

Ryoz

<Donor>
MQ2 was huge even 12 years ago. I remember when I started the Firiona Vie FoH guild, there was a lot of controversy over the rule that we not use it whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a quarter of the Live playerbase uses it.

I also won't be surprised when they just blanketly accept it and maybe even encourage it, to keep subscribers. The game is just not playable (at least outside of TLP) these days without it. And it makes the game 20x more fun.

I have some good ghostkill memories from back in the day. God that was fun. Then when all the ghostkill plugins got fucked, you had to setup some good macros and find good camps. I remember PoTactics arena fondly for making bank with MQ2.

Only ever got banned once, when they put traps out there in the form of Fabled gods in zones they weren't supposed to be in. lol there was a Fabled Tallon Zek in dragon necropolis, but I couldn't resist. Sent my monks in (this was after the stronger, SK ghostkill, got wrecked), killed the mob, 0 loot, promptly banned lmao. Never got fucked on my main accounts tho, which I still have to this day.
I have no shame in admiting I used it during live. Mostly to track raid spawns. I even had a GM message me to tell me one of my raid tanks was warping around Walls of Slaughter while we were assembling for a raid.

Stover678

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hammerhead Helm's dropper isn't tagged as a Rare mob, because reasons.
Cauldronbubble is not flagged as a "rare creature?" I keep seeing Sharkbone Warhammers on rare named drop tables in the Hole. Admittedly, never saw a Hammerhead Helm drop or for sale (though TLP Auctions show some popping up in the Commons but rarely).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Been leveling up my enchanter alt. Been in a lot of pugs with first time TLPs. Anyone else experiencing this?
Definitely feel like the population on this tlp is different than the last handful, which I guess is fully expected with the ruleset. The extremes on both sides of casual/noob and asshole griefer seem really plentiful which make for good, random eq drama.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely feel like the population on this tlp is different than the last handful, which I guess is fully expected with the ruleset. The extremes on both sides of casual/noob and asshole griefer seem really plentiful which make for good, random eq drama.

Combined Mischief and Thornblade have a higher average pop the first 30 days than Mangler so far. However each as a single server Mangler has the higher average pop the first 30 days so far. We have a week left.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Made a rogue alt with full woven shadow at lvl 1. Will probably eventually do the same with a paladin because it's funny and Valorium was already a pita to get.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Taken from the #drama channel in Faceless. Not my ticket, but glad to see where Daybreak's priorities lie.

Someone wanna tell those folks that MacroQuest2 = ban and mobs going around a wall to hit someone on a ledge = not an issue?

For reference, this player was warned for sitting up on the ledge on the other side of Royals camp, a place you can levitate to using normal gameplay means.

1623932399910.png

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Meanwhile, warping and botting seems to be okay as long as you can pass their impossible afk check.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taken from the #drama channel in Faceless. Not my ticket, but glad to see where Daybreak's priorities lie.

Someone wanna tell those folks that MacroQuest2 = ban and mobs going around a wall to hit someone on a ledge = not an issue?

For reference, this player was warned for sitting up on the ledge on the other side of Royals camp, a place you can levitate to using normal gameplay means.

View attachment 358661
Theyve always done stupid shit like this. I got suspended in classic eq for killing ogre guards in neriak on that little hill with weird pathing. Hell I even remember when Searyx got a suspension for killing dhampyre from the roof in mistmoore.

Still makes more sense than the corrupt suspensions and bans Ive gotten from p99 tho

• 1Moron

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Theyve always done stupid shit like this. I got suspended in classic eq for killing ogre guards in neriak on that little hill with weird pathing. Hell I even remember when Searyx got a suspension for killing dhampyre from the roof in mistmoore.

Still makes more sense than the corrupt suspensions and bans Ive gotten from p99 tho
How can it make "sense"

I've seen people be confronted by GMs in MM for pulling stuff onto the roof and NOT get suspended or even told to get down.

I once got a 3 day for "zone disruption" because i was Headshot kiting. The only sense i've been able to make is that most of the GMs have zero fucking knowledge of how EQ works and are incompetent at their jobs.

• 1Truth!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How can it make "sense"

I've seen people be confronted by GMs in MM for pulling stuff onto the roof and NOT get suspended or even told to get down.

I once got a 3 day for "zone disruption" because i was Headshot kiting. The only sense i've been able to make is that most of the GMs have zero fucking knowledge of how EQ works and are incompetent at their jobs.
Wasnt it said before that the GM's are from another game in their lineup, entirely?

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
How can it make "sense"

Makes sense compared to the suspensions and bans they do on p99. For example, on p99 blue when kunark dropped I was suspended for being at a lucrative camp(rotgus) during a time when Hobbys friends wanted the camp. Despite the fact I had been holding the camp down all day, I was booted from the zone and suspended as soon as whateverthefuck guild came to contest. I understand the stupid decisions theyve made in real EQ, but still more understandable than the corrupt shit GMs do on p99 was all Im saying

• 1Moron

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I think the GMs serve all the Daybreak Games, games.
Makes sense compared to the suspensions and bans they do on p99. For example, on p99 blue when kunark dropped I was suspended for being at a lucrative camp(rotgus) during a time when Hobbys friends wanted the camp. Despite the fact I had been holding the camp down all day, I was booted from the zone and suspended as soon as whateverthefuck guild came to contest. I understand the stupid decisions theyve made in real EQ, but still more understandable than the corrupt shit GMs do on p99 was all Im saying
TBH this sounds a lot more like how EQ was 15-20 years ago. I have never really played on P99 past like level 10 but my understand that they use their interpretation of the old PNP. I'm gonna assume you refused to negotiate a way of sharing the camp and that's why they suspended you. While i can fully understand why you would disagree with their policy, i can actually understand that policy.

On TLPs i've seen people get banned for being on the receiving end of a train.
I've seen people do something 50 times and for the first 49 times GMs are like i'll allow it, then on the 50th time, boom suspended.