EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not that i disagree with people being able to pull in 2-5k a month from RMT in EQ. But, I highly doubt anything this guy was saying is true. You can get entire well geared toons for the prices he was asking on singular items. Sometimes people will pay absurd prices for an item, but that's more of an aberration.
Well, I mentioned those two items because the people who got them said that's what they paid. I didn't know then well and they could be lying or it could be a plant but they were established people from an established guild. I also knew some people more closely who paid 10 to 20 krono for items and I very seriously doubt they were lying. Plus, I know how many items I bought and what I paid (20kr for songblade being my highest) and almost every time I bought something there were other people in the raid window who were buying things. Account s are not worth as much as the items on them if they were sold for loot rights. People are always going to be wary of issues with buying an account and you don't get to select everything -- it's take it or leave it.

He definitely would play games and lie about certain things but I'm also fairly confident he made a lot of sales. Maintaining at least 60 or 70 accounts just to break even doesn't make sense.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Im not even remotely close to an eq whale and I probably buy 50kr or so per server I play for fucks and giggles. Multiply that by 20 (pretty feasible) and you get 1000. Most of these guys have long time relationships with guys like me, I have about 3 guys I buy shit from when I feel like it.

I would be willing to bet there are at least 100 like me in every server- and then a long tail of shortened purchasers and a few (maybe 10-20) that do 300-500kr of purchasing per server.

I’ve literally gone and bought 10kr before just to have some pocket change for buying invis pots and misc. resist gear etc back in the older tlps before they started bugging out the dragons.
Oh, I totally agree. I think this is a realistic picture of krono for most servers, but really only up until around the end of PoP. It typically takes a massive dive every expansion thereafter it seems.

I'm just questioning the commonality of it all, that's all. You even said yourself, you have about 3 guys you typically buy/sell/etc. from. So, you have maybe 5-10 guys per server pulling roughly a McDonald's salary (slightly more, possibly) and then maybe 1 or 2 that pull 50k+? I really think people are full of shit on how much they're "raking in" on the Krono market. Are people making some extra side cash here and there to pay a cell phone bill or something? Most definitely. But people acting like there are these dudes able to support themselves full-time EQ kronolording are vastly overstating things, IMO.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Not that i disagree with people being able to pull in 2-5k a month from RMT in EQ. But, I highly doubt anything this guy was saying is true. You can get entire well geared toons for the prices he was asking on singular items. Sometimes people will pay absurd prices for an item, but that's more of an aberration.

you would be surprised if the power of autism. I had every single real cloak in the game through luclin. You can ask big sieger about my collection.

i used to always get or buy a crown of narandi early velious every time as well, which used to be big bucks (20-30kr) back in the day before the ring war exploits and the market dropped out

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Oh, I totally agree. I think this is a realistic picture of krono for most servers, but really only up until around the end of PoP. It typically takes a massive dive every expansion thereafter it seems.

I'm just questioning the commonality of it all, that's all. You even said yourself, you have about 3 guys you typically buy/sell/etc. from. So, you have maybe 5-10 guys per server pulling roughly a McDonald's salary (slightly more, possibly) and then maybe 1 or 2 that pull 50k+? I really think people are full of shit on how much they're "raking in" on the Krono market. Are people making some extra side cash here and there to pay a cell phone bill or something? Most definitely. But people acting like there are these dudes able to support themselves full-time EQ kronolording are vastly overstating things, IMO.

the other piece is the long tail of purchasing, some of which I imagine just comes from krono store, but there’s got to be tons of 10kr chumps per server that actually add up to a shit ton.

i will also say, by and large, around post agnarr era i noticed this krono farming shift from your “tikkle “ type guys which are kind of independent if you will to the more industrialized chinaman and mq guilds. It wasn’t as prevalent (still existed some) agnarr and before.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

I don't disagree here. Probably just a handful of true kronolords that go from TLP to TLP and actually make a solid salary and then a few that are like minimum wage earners. After that, it's small/part time chumps comparatively. I'm sure tons of people like to make shit up -- it's the internet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
To put it in to perspective, although this was a long time ago when krono was flying around like crazy and I haven't been in the krono farming game since agnarr, I can tell you my personal experience with it. On phinny during luclin i spent 2 months locking down the ash camp and made about 1500+ krono. The first 2 weeks of PoP launch i was the person selling essotoric medalion loot rights and in those 2 weeks i made about another 1500+ krono. As many people might remember, the first month and half on agnarr before quitting EQ for a couple years, I locked down efreeti and the giants in base pick and in sachee's honor i also price fixed them and only allowed certain people to farm them in the picks. In that month and half i made nearly 3000 krono. So in 4 months total of farming, i made around 6000 krono. Again this is back in phinny days/agnarr days where prices were 5x higher than what they are now.

I think even in todays market if someone wanted to make a living off EQ they could easily, without any automation and the most basic farming plan, make about 40k a year. Which isn't bad depending on where you live. The average mcdonalds employee only makes 23k a year, so it's not even close to minimum wage. Although I think this is an incredibly stupid idea to do because you don't learn any skills for future growth, but it could easily be done. Anecdotally most people I know that RMT on the TLP's do it as a supplementary income. I've known very few RMTers who do it as their sole source of income compared to the amount of people i know that do it as a second source of income.

Well, I mentioned those two items because the people who got them said that's what they paid. I didn't know then well and they could be lying or it could be a plant but they were established people from an established guild. I also knew some people more closely who paid 10 to 20 krono for items and I very seriously doubt they were lying. Plus, I know how many items I bought and what I paid (20kr for songblade being my highest) and almost every time I bought something there were other people in the raid window who were buying things.

TEB bank on aradune spent like 60 KR just in velious alone to the botters on ancient spells for high RA second mains.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I also noticed that the older TLPs (which at this point I'm meaning RF/LJ, Phinny and Agnarr--Fippy actually launched before the Krono era) basically any item you can name sold for more krono in those eras than they did on subsequent TLPs. An econ 101 argument would suggest if prices have actually gone down, and they have, it generally suggests the supply of money (or krono in this case) must have decreased. But real world economics may not map to EQ, it could be the krono supply is just as high or higher than it ever was but just far more people are hoarding it as a store of value and not trading with it. So the actual krono being used to buy items with is much lower.

The "krono supply" is controlled by a balance between krono creation (giving Daybreak $ for Krono) and krono destruction (consumption for game time / account bans) + krono out of circulation (retired player, hoarders who will never trade the krono); if the krono supply has actually gone down since 2015 it would mean a greater proportion of players now than back then, are consuming krono for game time. That doesn't actually mean less krono are in existence or even that less krono are being bought from Daybreak per se, it could just mean that the effective daily supply of free krono has gone down because a greater % of all krono flowing are going to sub time than to things that keep them circulating in the market.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Well, I mentioned those two items because the people who got them said that's what they paid. I didn't know then well and they could be lying or it could be a plant but they were established people from an established guild. I also knew some people more closely who paid 10 to 20 krono for items and I very seriously doubt they were lying. Plus, I know how many items I bought and what I paid (20kr for songblade being my highest) and almost every time I bought something there were other people in the raid window who were buying things. Account s are not worth as much as the items on them if they were sold for loot rights. People are always going to be wary of issues with buying an account and you don't get to select everything -- it's take it or leave it.

He definitely would play games and lie about certain things but I'm also fairly confident he made a lot of sales. Maintaining at least 60 or 70 accounts just to break even doesn't make sense.

Oh i know about the Saudi Oil Princes, Boomers with more Krono then sense and the Guild banks that buy expensive shit to be bid out/given to members. But you can't base how much people are raking on AVG on these types. To give you an example of what i'm talking about when PoP launched on Phinny my static group got 3 Stonewood Compound Bows while leveling. The first bow sold 17kr to some Ranger in OGC i remember cause that price is retarded, the second and third sold for i think 5 and 4. Those type of buys IE 50 KR for a Darkblade are typically extreme outliers.

ab·er·ra·tion
noun
noun: aberration; plural noun: aberrations
  1. a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically one that is unwelcome.

Last edited:

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last few pages have some hilarious replies. Some of you guys are approaching Lumi levels of delusion. I mean its no big deal, just log in 5 mins a day and collect my 100kr and flip my GEBs for an easy 40k a year dawg. Just a glimpse of my playboy billionaire EQ lifestyle.

• 2Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Reading all of this just leaves one nagging question in my mind... How did you all figure out how to do all of this? Did you go to Kronolord University?

I mean really... The average gamer... no scratch that.. the above average gamer that plays EverQuest and has done so for the past two decades still don't truly know how to get their own MQ2 build, how to avoid getting banned, what to farm, where to sell the krono, etc.

If I was to try to do this, I'd be banned in less than a couple weeks (if not sooner). Hell, I'd just like to be able to box multiple characters on the same computer with out getting banned because its fucking annoying having to use multiple keyboards/mice. That alone would be awesome knowledge.

I just would love to know how people are boxing armies for raids on these servers using bots and shit, and NOT getting banned.

This is a genuine question, and if anybody would like to PM me to give me some insight, I'd appreciate it. I've been playing this same game for two decades now, and I'm tired of not knowing what the fuck is going on behind the scenes lol.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
mq2 the reason im a software dev today - compiling that shit and writing shit macros at 13 was a blessing...

let me nerd all night!!! whos laughing now mom!!!

i mean as we speak im afk exping a single green spawn camp for 0.6% exp every 18mins. IM COMING FOR YOU KRONOLORDS

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There is absolutely no way that kronolording makes you any kind of decent income. If you have any actual skill in anything you would make more money doing it. Kronolords are nolifes living on disability and shit and make a little extra cash on the side by doing it 12 hours a day.

Change my fucking mind.

• 7Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
There is absolutely no way that playing Everquest makes you any kind of decent person. If you have any actual skill in anything you would be happier doing it. EQ Players are nolifes living on disability and shit and justify it by making a little extra cash on the side by doing it 12 hours a day.

Change my fucking mind.

Here, I fixed that for you.

• 7Like
  • 5Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 12 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Didn't people do some basic math on the Tubbins crew and predict they were raking in at least 4 figures, possibly low 5 figures per month?

Although that was running a full raid and doing PoTime to sell loot rights, the average guy running 2-6 probably isn't seeing close to that.

Utanix

N00b
Oh, I completely understand why whales do it, absolutely. What's $1000 if my yearly income is north of 500k/year? I'm talking your average dude, both buyers and sellers. I could really give a fuck what people do with their freetime. I just know from having friends involved in RMT on the seller side, they are absolute degens and live a dumpy lifestyle. Buyers is a bit of a mixed bag. The dudes buying $2000 krono every expansion are likely rich nerds who don't necessarily have the time to put into a ton of farming or massive addicts who are again..total degens.
The guy that bought the ring for 220k, Zapan, has spent about 200 krono in the last two weeks on gear in the guild. He’s bought like 4 or 5 PD robes in the last few days, helm of rile and a bunch of other shit he claims are for his box crew. No idea what he does or what he’s doing but it seems like hes got deep pockets. Probably some stock nerd.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Theres alot of people who can sink 2k and not blink an eye, 10kr a night on whatever you want isn't really even more expensive than hitting up a bar.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Forum Karens have ruined Pugs in Classic/Kunark. 90% pug enchanters are fucking awful because almost nobody good wants to play that shit class anymore.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user