EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
I'm a little surprised at just how much of the loot in Faceless x In virtue is resold. I fully expected big ticket items like Cloak of Flames to be resold, hell those are resold in dkp guilds where doing so gets you gkicked. people would rather take the one time payout of 10-12 krono over the guild tag and further raiding. I'd wager 80% of the drops are being bought to be resold, even stuff that only nets you a 1-2 krono profit. Hell they just implemented a rule that you could only buy 1 of an item where you have more than one drop to keep people from buying up 12 dragon scales to resell.

Don't even get me started in the VP key shenanigans. Paying someone 9-12 krono so I can show up to a raid, so that same person I just paid 9-12 krono to can buy basically everything and I get 10-12 k split out of it? Nah I'm good, I'll either luck into getting the key pieces myself between slumlords perma camping the parts or I won't raid VP.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect shit to be given away, nor am I angry at folks reselling stuff, but it's certainly a lot worse than I expected it to be.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mind you I HATE selling pre luclin and wouldn't do this myself... but if everyone is buying stuff and just reselling it, it's possible that others need to step up their bids. It sounds like fair market value isn't being reached.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm a little surprised at just how much of the loot in Faceless x In virtue is resold. I fully expected big ticket items like Cloak of Flames to be resold, hell those are resold in dkp guilds where doing so gets you gkicked. people would rather take the one time payout of 10-12 krono over the guild tag and further raiding. I'd wager 80% of the drops are being bought to be resold, even stuff that only nets you a 1-2 krono profit. Hell they just implemented a rule that you could only buy 1 of an item where you have more than one drop to keep people from buying up 12 dragon scales to resell.

Don't even get me started in the VP key shenanigans. Paying someone 9-12 krono so I can show up to a raid, so that same person I just paid 9-12 krono to can buy basically everything and I get 10-12 k split out of it? Nah I'm good, I'll either luck into getting the key pieces myself between slumlords perma camping the parts or I won't raid VP.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect shit to be given away, nor am I angry at folks reselling stuff, but it's certainly a lot worse than I expected it to be.

It most likely wont last in this manner long. Its not really sustainable velious and beyond for a bunch of reasons but the main only being competition.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mind you I HATE selling pre luclin and wouldn't do this myself... but if everyone is buying stuff and just reselling it, it's possible that others need to step up their bids. It sounds like fair market value isn't being reached.

That's exactly it - you see the same 5-7 people bid and win most items to resale with maybe a odd guy winning here or there. I think Bobby has won like 15 Green Dragon Scales the past week.

A lot of the people are just happy to collect the money and not care about gearing or anything leaving Nagato/Peepo/Bobby/Kimdor/like 2 others to clean up and control EC tunnel with those items.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Kunark is not a great expansion so it makes sense any issues in a server's ruleset would be amplified.

Is it just the ground spawns that are a mess for the VP key or is AJ still a fuck?

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kunark is not a great expansion so it makes sense any issues in a server's ruleset would be amplified.

Is it just the ground spawns that are a mess for the VP key or is AJ still a fuck?

Just Ground spawns. The rare mobs can drop 3-5 parts at once, so dropped keys are not the problem. Makes Kaesora and Swamp even worse with people staying there to just sell the drops.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider

Grounds are main bottleneck. Can get resf of the pieces in a couple hours.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Grounds are main bottleneck. Can get resf of the pieces in a couple hours.

Would be nice if they did the luclin shards the similar way where mobs can drop multiple and they all shared the same loot table.

• 1Like

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
As far as "fair market value" goes. I guess I'm a bit naive in thinking an "employee discount" should be applied on dropped items instead of paying retail. I don't think I should be paying tunnel prices for an item that wouldn't even exist without people like me showing up to raid. Beyond that, some of the VP loot is ultra rare and the market has no idea what to even charge for it yet. First day I sold a Froglok bonecaster robe for 1kr, they're like 300 plat now. The market price is set by the people, but the people are retarded.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Given your split from the system heavily advertised as a GDKP first system, I assume you are going back to the more traditional DKP style of play. Can you give us all a general idea of what you are trying to build and how? Rough goals, so to speak.
From our guild info channel.

Our Commitment to You:
1. Complete progression content as aggressively as possible each expansion
2. Complete all Everquest content; reaching live with a robust team of motivated raiders
3. Maintain a fair and transparent organization where rules are clear and never changed without advanced notice
4. Maximize the gear intake for our team
5. Distribute loot as quickly as possible with all loot being bid out live every night.
6. Maintain a low drama environment

Requirements:
1. You must have gear in every slot (Cloth, leather, banded, mesh and statless jewelry don't count either).
2. You are expected to maintain a stock of all items listed in #raid_kit .
3. You may not sell items won at DKP raids until you've acquired an upgrade for that item.
4. Don't be a jerk to guild mates. I'm not going to police group content but if I get 50 tells a day about you screwing members I'll boot you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I've been aggressively bidding up stuff lately and things are starting to reach mostly market value in the GDKP raids. Early morning stuff when more people (including myself) are asleep you can still score some deals on but a lot of people are trying to flip and getting stuck eating a loss or making small gains now.

I think most have realized that if 1 of like 6 people are bidding on the item then it's probably worth going in just to try to flip it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is market value? From what I remember the same group that buy everything and sell it, are usually the entire market. Occasionally you see things from frank(who seems to be using mischief solely as a means to earn krono for live) but almost every other seller I saw of major raid items was a guildmate. So they basically set the value. Meaning they can basically pay any amount to the guild and then sell that item for the usual 4-6kr mark up they use. The price to guild would have to get to some obscene number to keep them away, but then that would just drive up market value as now none would be getting sold. Just look at any of the big items from VP. A lot will say gear doesn't matter till a certain expansion and to an degree that is true. But part of playing a MMO imo is gearing up your character imo.

I'm on vacation, but even coming back not sure I will play again. I am just turned off so much from the greed of that server. I didn't realize so many play just to earn $, instead of playing the game for the game(hanging out with friends, gearing up a character etc.

Thankfully a few games coming soon that I want to play/try , so something to play.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is market value? From what I remember the same group that buy everything and sell it, are usually the entire market. Occasionally you see things from frank(who seems to be using mischief solely as a means to earn krono for live) but almost every other seller I saw of major raid items was a guildmate. So they basically set the value. Meaning they can basically pay any amount to the guild and then sell that item for the usual 4-6kr mark up they use.

This will end in velious though as there will be lots of other people doing the same raid content.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
The market price is set by the people, but the people are retarded.
Underrated comment.

There is gonna be a lot of regret buys on Mischief, i don't think people have really adjusted to the rules specifically how common certain items are.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Underrated comment.

There is gonna be a lot of regret buys on Mischief, i don't think people have really adjusted to the rules specifically how common certain items are.
Agreed. Once people realize how much stuff is dropping from even VS, Tal/Sev I expect even the 'VP' prices to tank.

Quest items off DS is pretty hilarious too.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't realize mischief is so monopolized. Are there just not other guilds moving stuff other than faceless?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I mean obviously ZEMS are real. That wasn't my point though. Obviously if you get invited to a group in a dungeon with a 30 zem vs a dungeon with 0 zem, you'll go to the 30. But a huge % of people lose more exp than they'd gain by leaving consistent exp for "maybe better exp." Sebilis always had a bad zem imo, not as bad as somewhere like Velks, but pretty bad. My point was just that a lot of people think they are smarter than they really are and try to min max their exp gain to their own detriment.
So much this. I've had so many groups say, "we should move to X instead" after some idiot dings a level. Like dude, if the exp was fine literally ONE level ago, it'll be fine now. People have this arbitrary shit in their head where if you're X level you HAVE to go XP in Y zones.

And to Janx Janx 's point, I agree. There are some zones that have absolute dogshit for trash loot. That was one thing nice about Seb, is that it always had fairly decent gem drops, FS, etc.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
I didn't realize mischief is so monopolized. Are there just not other guilds moving stuff other than faceless?
There are, just not to the same degree. Taking a big chunk of OW spawns, plus splitting DZs, plus just simply having a bigger guild, gives a lot of power to those who want to flip / control prices to some point. Plus, I think a lot of the other guilds are actually keeping more of there gear.

Then you get those that are trying to flip gear, and they probably see the prices being offered and match them to maximize their profits too rather than undercutting too much.

All just guessing from my observing there of course, but mostly correct I think.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
So much this. I've had so many groups say, "we should move to X instead" after some idiot dings a level. Like dude, if the exp was fine literally ONE level ago, it'll be fine now. People have this arbitrary shit in their head where if you're X level you HAVE to go XP in Y zones.
I'm lazy. I usually prefer to stay at the same camp until the group breaks up if possible, if we are still getting XP. Grouping and killing in the game is fun to me, even if the XP isn't optimal. Travelling all over and going through all of the picks to find one open camp just to get a bit better xp isn't fun to me.

The exception to moving camps is I do like to do DZs (such as Howling Stones) or other places and dungeon crawling through all of it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It most likely wont last in this manner long. Its not really sustainable velious and beyond for a bunch of reasons but the main only being competition.
You don't think it'll last beyond Velious? If it was JUST random loot I think I'd agree, but with the removal of NO DROP as well, I think that gives it a little extra life, no?

I'm curious why you think Kunark is a meh expansion? It opens the game up a TON from a "places to go level" standpoint, especially the midlevels. And on a random loot server, stuff like Kaesora, Dalnir, etc. are a lot more attractive. The ZEM in Dalnir used to be fucking insane - not sure if it still is.

I think hybrids still have some issues in Kunark (although 1Hers got a LOT better for them) and they needed to add a fuckload more city areas that are bindable, as well as more druid/wiz rings/spires, but other than that I think it's a massive upgrade over classic in almost every way. Not enough portal locations is a big reason why shit like Kaesora, Dalnir, Droga, Nurga, etc. don't really get used. Those zones all have pretty crazy ZEMs, but they are out in dogshit nowhere. The content was there, it just wasn't very "accessible".
Agreed. Once people realize how much stuff is dropping from even VS, Tal/Sev I expect even the 'VP' prices to tank.

Quest items off DS is pretty hilarious too.
Yeah, people are still buying/selling shit for what it "should" go for if this were a normal ruleset. With random loot, some of the prices people try and charge for pretty common items is insane.