EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Coming back to this - just started a druid since I pretty much only solo and I enjoy them. Anyone have any classic planar armor or stuff laying around to toss at me to make it a bit easier to level?

Name is Ancette - wood elf druid, yay. thank in advance if anyone does.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had some Acer computer my Mom bought me at that age. I cant recall if it was bottom of the line or not, but probably shit tier. The game was fine up until I started having 20-30 people in the area (outside of my pops cussing me and me cussing him under my breath every time he used the phone). I would have to stare at feet all the time and if I wasnt a kid, I probably would have quit EQ at that point. I really didnt start to enjoy EQ until I spent the entire summer working on a horse farm (think I was 11? Not many choices) to afford to build my own computer with a Video card etc. It ran like a night and day experience compared to that Acer. Man I remember all that shit so fondly now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I had some Acer computer my Mom bought me at that age. I cant recall if it was bottom of the line or not, but probably shit tier. The game was fine up until I started having 20-30 people in the area (outside of my pops cussing me and me cussing him under my breath every time he used the phone). I would have to stare at feet all the time and if I wasnt a kid, I probably would have quit EQ at that point. I really didnt start to enjoy EQ until I spent the entire summer working on a horse farm (think I was 11? Not many choices) to afford to build my own computer with a Video card etc. It ran like a night and day experience compared to that Acer. Man I remember all that shit so fondly now.
I bet a lot of us worked all summer to finally get our own PC thanks to EQ. I had to split time with my sister and having to leave a good group in oasis because my sister wanted to chat on AIM and it was her turn was the worst. I would constantly do all her chores and stuff in exchange for her 3 hour block of time. Finally worked all summer when I was 13ish to get my own PC.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
5g2bwi.jpg

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
My computer was fine once in the zone circa 1999-2000, but holee shit the loading times between. Took me several minutes to zone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I remember when Luclin came out, suddenly all the shit computers that were just fine before, suddenly took a dump. God Luclin FPS was the worst at the start. such shit performance. oh and do you remember when zone load times just suddenly tripled around that time? What the actual fuck, that was annoying.

• 1Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
When I first got EQ my parents ended up having to spend like $400 on RAM after I got the game on Christmas 1999. That was a much more expensive present than they anticipated.

Last edited:

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember when Luclin came out, suddenly all the shit computers that were just fine before, suddenly took a dump. God Luclin FPS was the worst at the start. such shit performance. oh and do you remember when zone load times just suddenly tripled around that time? What the actual fuck, that was annoying.

Man, how stupid was I in my youth. I actually upgraded my computer so that I could run those ugly 'updated' character models when Luclin dropped. Took me all but three weeks before I reverted. Wish they just kept the 99-01 textures and models for the remainder of development. I wonder if people would hold some of the newer expansions more dear if they didn't have that newer texture/model base. It would for me at least. There is something about those janky ass textures from Original/Kunark/Velious. Soon as Luclin hit the game just feels too different aesthetically - to me at least.

I mean my disdain for the new models is so extreme that if someone whom is streaming uses it, I'll pass. Gotta be rocking the old character models, man.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I first got EQ my parents ended up having to spend like $400 on RAM after I got the game on Christmas 1999. That was a much more expensive present than he anticipated.

Like buying your kid his first hit of meth...

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Man, how stupid was I in my youth. I actually upgraded my computer so that I could run those ugly 'updated' character models when Luclin dropped. Took me all but three weeks before I reverted. Wish they just kept the 99-01 textures and models for the remainder of development. I wonder if people would hold some of the newer expansions more dear if they didn't have that newer texture/model base. It would for me at least. There is something about those janky ass textures from Original/Kunark/Velious. Soon as Luclin hit the game just feels too different aesthetically - to me at least.

I mean my disdain for the new models is so extreme that if someone whom is streaming uses it, I'll pass. Gotta be rocking the old character models, man.
There's like 8 expansions that look like absolute trash. They tried to go better graphics, but it looks like shit. People would rather have Minecraft graphics than whatever weird shit covers all the revamped zones and about 8 expansions.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I bet a lot of us worked all summer to finally get our own PC thanks to EQ. I had to split time with my sister and having to leave a good group in oasis because my sister wanted to chat on AIM and it was her turn was the worst. I would constantly do all her chores and stuff in exchange for her 3 hour block of time. Finally worked all summer when I was 13ish to get my own PC.

The good thing about those days was that at least we REALLY appreciated the computer time when we got it. And when we finally got our own computers, like I did in 2001, it was such a joyous day. The downside to being able to just go out and get anything you want as an adult is that you don't have the same appreciation that comes with thirsting for more game time for 3 hours every afternoon. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking but I sorta miss the joy of finally getting some EQ time after waiting all day.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
The good thing about those days was that at least we REALLY appreciated the computer time when we got it. And when we finally got our own computers, like I did in 2001, it was such a joyous day. The downside to being able to just go out and get anything you want as an adult is that you don't have the same appreciation that comes with thirsting for more game time for 3 hours every afternoon. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking but I sorta miss the joy of finally getting some EQ time after waiting all day.

I was an adult when EQ came out, and i had a full time job, so EQ was something I got to play on the weekends. But holy hell, did I play the shit out of those weekends. I would make sure I got lots of sleep during the week, and then get 4 hours the whole weekend. I built a custom rig with a voodoo card for maximum fps gaming. I think we all got beefy computers to play EQ better.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There's like 8 expansions that look like absolute trash. They tried to go better graphics, but it looks like shit. People would rather have Minecraft graphics than whatever weird shit covers all the revamped zones and about 8 expansions.

One thing I wish modern EQ would do better at is the sky. The sky is so incredibly boring in this game now. I remember in Kunark and Velious circa 2000, the sky looked better than it does ingame now.

The sky got kind of boring after Luclin/PoP. I think GoD was the beginning of the "empty sky" EQ. Then in PoR they did some sort of sky revamp and all of the skies suddenly looked magical and sparkly, or something like that. Then at some later point they went back to being boring. By SoF they were fully-bland again and stayed that way.

IIRC.

I wish they'd have stuck to the original models also, because standardizing character appearance would have meant that everyone sees the same thing. Everyone's character looks wildly different depending on who is looking at it, if half the people have one model type on and half have the other on.

That and Velious armor textures looked freaking tremendous. There was some prestige to having, say, Kael armor on a Dark Elf. In later EQ it's like everyone's look just became really homogenized and the only differences are dyes and ornaments.

I wish they'd have just kept original models and expanded on them with new textures over the years. As it is I can't tell any expansion's armor apart from any other post-Velious.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Was thinking of Joining a guild, been doing the VP key, got to the last piece. Well now i see why SoNH piece is going for 2KR.

Edit: someone with balls post this on the Official Forums i can't i'm perma banned.

• 6Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why the fuck is it ME in the video's default view? LOL. Please no. I got there after 1 second and was still too late.

• 2Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Why the fuck is it ME in the video's default view? LOL. Please no. I got there after 1 second and was still too late.
Damn dude your Druid is still in FXIV you better ask where that split is.

• 1Worf

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who the hell actually thinks to go in and delete someone from the sheet after they've participated in a raid. The hate is strong apparently. Shady as fuck. Hope they enjoy the 190pp each or whatever it works out to.

Guess I shouldve done the reasonable thing and wait for the split before bailing like the other 12 people did today.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I can't do anything about that not my video.

I recommend making ticket and saying you can't do the quest because of hackers and link the video. They've given away items for less.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Was thinking of Joining a guild, been doing the VP key, got to the last piece. Well now i see why SoNH piece is going for 2KR.

Edit: someone with balls post this on the Official Forums i can't i'm perma banned.

Lol the fact people still do this so blatantly. Does DPG track krono when it moves account? I could see if they dont bother, people like this video just use dummy accounts to do it on.

And to think I bought that sonh keypiece for 1kr early in kunark.