EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually think im the only one in that video NOT hacking. That Kratin fella sure runs fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Interesting to see that the video maker knew to look right where it spawned right when it did so. Nice "luck."

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
You can put the x/y coordinates in your map for each spawn. I don't use SEQ and that's how I got mine on Mangler. I sat in a spot with eyes on 3 spawns, one popped and I ran over and grabbed it. We also kept track in an excel sheet in guild for spawn windows.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I love when people point at the person making the video probably using showeq.

The person making this comment is usually either a complete idiot, or someone who is using mq2 and thinks that people using showeq is the same as warping.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
I'm sure I'll get flamed, because that's the way of this place, but ShowEQ is cheating. Maybe not the same way as warping is, but it certainly gives an unfair advantage over those who don't use it.

• 1Dislike

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
You'll get flamed because your immediate response is "wow the person recording this is -probably- cheating". Which is typically either the person warping themselves and are trying to tell the showeq users to shut up... or it's just someone like you who doesn't realize the advantages of each program.

People who use Showeq can go without it. They are still going to be BETTER than you. Showeq is not what makes them better. It just helps. MQ2, on the other hand, is something that becomes a handicap. How many people can play on patch day that play MQ2? None. How many people can play without ShowEQ? Just about anyone except when you are doing VERY specific things, then it helps. But it is not needed for 99% of what is going on and people like you just use it as an excuse or a reason to cry about why other people are better than you.

Usually it's just because they try harder. They care more. And that isn't a dig on you... that's what the reality is of MOST things. The person who cares more and tries more, is usually going to get better results. That guy taking steroids doesn't need steroids to kick your ass. He just uses them to help him versus the bigger competition. He is not worried about you and your small arms. Quit complaining about showeq like it's some nasty program that is ruining your game. People straight up warping are the ones you should care about. You think maps are an advantage? You do realize people are completing automating 80+ characters. So, when you see 6 robots at a sebilis or chardok camp, just remember that is 1 of 10+ groups that 1 person is completely automating. Remember that last time you complain about someone using "maps" OMG OMG MAPS.

There is so much more to worry about in this game that is disgusting and you're over here bitching about fucking maps lol.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Nice rant, bro. I said it was cheating, not that its ruining my game. Tad bit sensitive about it, aren't you? And no, I don't know all of the advantages of each of the programs. I have some idea, but as I don't use them I don't know the full benefits. What does that have to do with whether its cheating or not?

Also, not crying about whether people are better than me or not. If they are, good for them. If they aren't, I'm not going to gloat. Its a game. If you have to brag about how great you are at EQ, I feel bad for you.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You'll get flamed because your immediate response is "wow the person recording this is -probably- cheating". Which is typically either the person warping themselves and are trying to tell the showeq users to shut up... or it's just someone like you who doesn't realize the advantages of each program.

People who use Showeq can go without it. They are still going to be BETTER than you. Showeq is not what makes them better. It just helps. MQ2, on the other hand, is something that becomes a handicap. How many people can play on patch day that play MQ2? None. How many people can play without ShowEQ? Just about anyone except when you are doing VERY specific things, then it helps. But it is not needed for 99% of what is going on and people like you just use it as an excuse or a reason to cry about why other people are better than you.

Usually it's just because they try harder. They care more. And that isn't a dig on you... that's what the reality is of MOST things. The person who cares more and tries more, is usually going to get better results. That guy taking steroids doesn't need steroids to kick your ass. He just uses them to help him versus the bigger competition. He is not worried about you and your small arms. Quit complaining about showeq like it's some nasty program that is ruining your game. People straight up warping are the ones you should care about. You think maps are an advantage? You do realize people are completing automating 80+ characters. So, when you see 6 robots at a sebilis or chardok camp, just remember that is 1 of 10+ groups that 1 person is completely automating. Remember that last time you complain about someone using "maps" OMG OMG MAPS.

There is so much more to worry about in this game that is disgusting and you're over here bitching about fucking maps lol.
Wow, really took that up to 11 right away.

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
It's just funny you're shown someone warping and all you mention is that the person recording might be cheating lol. What a weird thing to say when you're being shown someone warping.

• 1Like

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
It's just funny you're shown someone warping and all you mention is that the person recording might be cheating lol. What a weird thing to say when you're being shown someone warping.
I didn't realize I needed to point out everything to satisfy you. Next time I'll try to message you and ask for all the things that I should point out first.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt anyone with my over the top words. I thought that's what we are supposed to do here. Overreact to everything someone says?

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
What About the guys using auto clickers? Can I get the opinion of our resident sjw forum Warriors opinions?

the dipping bird is the secret to my success. There my secret is out

1625998486180.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
SEQ is cheating. MQ2 is cheating.

SEQ is like using steroids in sports. Most people are doing it and unfortunately you'll probably have to use them to keep up.

MQ2 is like using aluminum bats and having the ball slow-pitched to you. No one else can compare to some of the shit you can do and it's patently unfair when used to its full capabilities.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One thing I wish modern EQ would do better at is the sky. The sky is so incredibly boring in this game now. I remember in Kunark and Velious circa 2000, the sky looked better than it does ingame now.

The sky got kind of boring after Luclin/PoP. I think GoD was the beginning of the "empty sky" EQ. Then in PoR they did some sort of sky revamp and all of the skies suddenly looked magical and sparkly, or something like that. Then at some later point they went back to being boring. By SoF they were fully-bland again and stayed that way.
I noticed the sky differences with EverQuest in content a bit after when Asheron's Call 1 did that huge Herald event. Was just this huge devil in the sky box (found a shitty picture to attach) and I thought it was the coolest thing ever at that age. Too bad the first time I saw it was after I logged in and fell to my death cause the town I was buying reagents from was nuked while I was logged off. I mean, looking at it today - its absolute horrible graphics, but hell... we all didnt have high expectations in that era.
maxresdefault.jpg

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who the hell actually thinks to go in and delete someone from the sheet after they've participated in a raid. The hate is strong apparently. Shady as fuck. Hope they enjoy the 190pp each or whatever it works out to.

Guess I shouldve done the reasonable thing and wait for the split before bailing like the other 12 people did today.
And yet I raided once the past week, left Wednesday and got a 21k split mailed to me yesterday from Kronobot. When I saw the sheet before I was booted from the discord, it said 2500.

Something went wrong there!

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Interesting to see that the video maker knew to look right where it spawned right when it did so. Nice "luck."

Have you ever camped in SONH for the medallion? They have a set spawn time. It's not luck, the time of the spawn is information the person recording could have had. The dude recording was obviously trying to get one, and arguably would have been lucky enough to have chosen the correct random spawn point, but the iksar warped right in.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have you ever camped in SONH for the medallion? They have a set spawn time.

That's not true unless they either changed something for Mischief or just not enough people there. It has a variance in base pick the same as all mobs do in a base pick which is calculated from the total number of players in base + all picks. Picks generally don't get a variance or a very little one. On Mangler the spawn time of ground spawns in SONH and Kaesora in base was anywhere between 50 minutes to 65 minutes. It was 50 minutes up to 80 minutes on Aradune. It can spawn as early as 50 minutes if you are the only person in the zone and up to 80 minutes or more (1 hr 20 was just the highest we saw on aradune) if there is an absolute ton of people there.

It's the same thing with raid mobs except raid mobs have an additional variance that was added during classic on Mangler. So raid mobs get zone load variance on top of having a raid mob variance. The combined % of both variances in terms of raid mobs starts at -25% (meaning a raid mob can spawn up to 25% faster if no one ever enters the zone) and starts to go to the positive as more and more people sit in the zone up to as much as +200% or maybe even more (meaning a raid mob respawning in a heavily populated zone can take up to 2x+ longer to spawn).

For example vox can respawn as early as 17-18 hours if no on ever exp's there. Depending on the population of Mischief you should probably be currently seeing Trakanon as a great example. At the beginning of the expansion he takes forever to respawn and it should get faster and faster as the expansion goes on. By the end of the a normal 3 month kunark expansion Trakanon will respawn every 42 hours or less consistently as Seb becomes less and less populated. On Mangler the longest was 3 and half days which was the time between the server first kill and the next respawn and steadily decreased in respawn time from then down to its normal respawn. On Aradune we saw as high as 4 and half days multiple times, but by the end of the expansion it was down to 42 hours or less consistently.

This is why in TEB we always asked everyone afk waiting for raid mobs to spawn to never afk in the zone that the raid mob spawns in. For example in Kunark, we didn't let people AFK in VP/Sebilis/Karnors, they had to sit outside. Alternatively you can also use this to your advantage. There were a couple instances where we actually asked everyone to come AFK in a specific raid zone because the respawn windows were closing during a bad time in the AM hours, so we would overload the zone with players for a while to push the respawn more likely in to the PM hours.

Interestingly though, it was noticed on both Mangler and Aradune that for whatever reason Kael specifically is not effected by these added variance timers. Maybe it's coded as a city therefore doesn't apply? Not really sure.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the variance also does not apply to Vulak trigger. Vulak trigger respawns every 84 hours (if I'm remembering the respawn time correctly) no matter what.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
SEQ is cheating. MQ2 is cheating.

SEQ is like using steroids in sports. Most people are doing it and unfortunately you'll probably have to use them to keep up.

MQ2 is like using aluminum bats and having the ball slow-pitched to you. No one else can compare to some of the shit you can do and it's patently unfair when used to its full capabilities.

what does that make the dipping bird?