EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Whatever happened to ol Timmy? I remember basic bitches were doing his pose on facebook for like a year then nobody mmentioned him ever again.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Whatever happened to ol Timmy? I remember basic bitches were doing his pose on facebook for like a year then nobody mmentioned him ever again.
He failed at being a lifetime AA baseball player so he's on the Jacksonville Jags preseason roster as a Tight End.

• 1Solidarity

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I hadn't played EQ in years. Last time was HoT era I dabbled for a few weeks with a group of friends doing the group content from 85-90. So 2011-2012 ish.

When Agnarr was advertised I saw the posts here from Zaide and everyone about starting fresh at Classic. Sounded a bit like the Diablo 3 seasons.

I rolled a shaman there and within the first week I was so sick of trying to get teleports around the world and trying to get to batphones in a timely manner I bought a refurb dell laptop and brazier of elemental summoning for an instant druid box. A month later I ordered another laptop and fired up an enchanter for the first time ever. Then a few months later the 4th box was added...then the 5th.

It was FUN learning how to work each of those boxes into my group.

If playing with other people I love when the critical roles are divided up. If someone wants to actual play main heals my life is so much easier.

3 box I think is the sweet spot. I can play more but I feel I can contribute the most with 3 or less on truebox.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm the opposite, I hate boxing and far prefer to play 1 character. But I also play a class that I keep basically busy all the time in groups. Only on long raids(like sister/spiroc farms) does it get boring. But I also don't play to make money, thus no real desire for something that can farm me plat.

I made a box on selo and its job was to basically give my bard mod rods, otherwise I never played it. A shm alt to do your own potions is good though imo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dubee the Sugawolf Pimp

Trakanon Raider
I hadn't played EQ in years. Last time was HoT era I dabbled for a few weeks with a group of friends doing the group content from 85-90. So 2011-2012 ish.

When Agnarr was advertised I saw the posts here from Zaide and everyone about starting fresh at Classic. Sounded a bit like the Diablo 3 seasons.

I rolled a shaman there and within the first week I was so sick of trying to get teleports around the world and trying to get to batphones in a timely manner I bought a refurb dell laptop and brazier of elemental summoning for an instant druid box. A month later I ordered another laptop and fired up an enchanter for the first time ever. Then a few months later the 4th box was added...then the 5th.

If playing with other people I love when the critical roles are divided up. If someone wants to actual play main heals my life is so much easier.

3 box I think is the sweet spot. I can play more but I feel I can contribute the most with 3 or less on truebox.
6 is too much. You should cut back to 5 at least. You need a dedicated monk dps puller to really thrive. I know one as a matter of fact.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We just had a guild earlier today try to DPS race us on VS called Nuisance. Never even heard of them. Was .. interesting? I guess? lol

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have not seen epic camps this contested since Agnarr. I do feel bad about normal players who dont have much chance at these camps.

As item prices fall and krono prices increase low end krono farmers are going to seek out these types of camps even more.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Finished the SK epic today with the help of some kind folks.

First 1.0 epic I've completed since they first were introduced and I worked through the monk epic in 2000.

Favorite memory from the experience is sitting around with 12+ other people waiting for Marl to spawn while getting bitched at for hours by everyone else competing to give an npc a quest drop before he depops for another 10-13 hours because fuck you.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Describe the nonworking attachment
Shit sorry my bad. I thought it loaded as I walked by them on the way home.

C01C3435-70DD-4CC4-B71E-A9426B3679C9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Ryoz

<Donor>

Agreed, 3 is def the sweet spot. I’ve done 4 before but it always felt a bit cumbersome. On live my comp was Sk Clr Mag which I loved and worked quite well. Did 6 on EZserver too but that was using mq2, kissassist, and eqbc which was also a blast.

Do any of you guys prefer truebox rules? I always used wineq and setup a keybind to switch between windows. Having separate devices seems a bit more clunky but I’m sure like anything you get used to it.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Do any of you guys prefer truebox rules? I always used wineq and setup a keybind to switch between windows. Having separate devices seems a bit more clunky but I’m sure like anything you get used to it.
Truebox is cool because the whole server isnt boxing. Its lame because It's more difficult for me to conveniently box when needed

• 1Solidarity

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Truebox is complete trash to be frank, it's one reason why I largely told myself I was done doing "serious" TLP after Agnarr, and I broke that vow for Selo basically because it was a very unique opportunity, outside of that I've basically only touched TLPs very casually.

The core issue with Truebox is it is a system built to appeal to people who are triggered by losing a camp to a boxer. The reality is good players don't lose camps to lone boxers and they're easy to push out of a camp. So these are you basic cuck players who cry because they saw a boxer and their little friend group of 1 Rogue, 1 Shaman, and 1 Druid trying to take a camp from a 12 boxer couldn't figure it out.

What Truebox directly causes is a scenario where "real" cheaters box with impunity and derive huge benefits from doing so, as they use programs to bypass truebox and automate their characters they can do all kinds of stuff regular players who just want to abide the rules cannot do. So for all the eras in which "concern cucks" are "concerned" about boxing, you're giving a free gift to RMTers and other botters. Then when that era starts to end (around PoP-GoD) you basically create a situation where a huge % of the server can't easily continue playing because a group of at least a few characters is needed to do much of anything in EQ even today at live at 115, and basic server dynamics start making groups harder to just throw together casually aroun this time. You're tanks and melee dps, the ones who with raid gear can most easily start to anchor a box crew, will around this time work out ways to half ass run crews under truebox rules, and the rest of your guild will largely experience grouping past that point as an experience in which you're basically asking a boxer who doesn't need anything you offer to please help you do content. Compare this to how in real EQ played on normal SOE servers from the year 2005-2021, people just made additional accounts to get through this stuff.

So in short Truebox actually just benefits RMTers and cheaters in the first 4-5 expansions of EQ and then creates server population issues that just grow over time for every server once it's out of those early eras.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I really like that despite needing to likely use a dial-up 56k modem to login into the game, you didn't realize it was online or what that meant.

My friend and I were the only people we knew in my town playing it. We were super nerds though and spent our time before this learning HTML by looking at site info and reverse engineering it into shit. Because it was cool. I learned a lot of scripting that I used in IRC to troll channels from another friend's older brother. During HS and the prevalence of half-life at the time, we half-finished a counterstrike kinda mod (we borrowed a ton of shit from CS, as much as we could figure out) and made a ton of maps for multiplayer in general. Alas our ability to self-learn and steal the right software to build stuff was limited. And we eventually lost interest lol.
Well the thing is that I had been accustomed to using a modem for many years before that, so it wasn't a big deal to me. I guess I just assumed that it was a server/client thing where the server managed the game data.

I ran and used BBSes (Bulletin Board Systems) ever since the Commodore 64. Modems were a normal part of life to me lol.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Truebox is complete trash to be frank, it's one reason why I largely told myself I was done doing "serious" TLP after Agnarr, and I broke that vow for Selo basically because it was a very unique opportunity, outside of that I've basically only touched TLPs very casually.

The core issue with Truebox is it is a system built to appeal to people who are triggered by losing a camp to a boxer. The reality is good players don't lose camps to lone boxers and they're easy to push out of a camp. So these are you basic cuck players who cry because they saw a boxer and their little friend group of 1 Rogue, 1 Shaman, and 1 Druid trying to take a camp from a 12 boxer couldn't figure it out.

What Truebox directly causes is a scenario where "real" cheaters box with impunity and derive huge benefits from doing so, as they use programs to bypass truebox and automate their characters they can do all kinds of stuff regular players who just want to abide the rules cannot do. So for all the eras in which "concern cucks" are "concerned" about boxing, you're giving a free gift to RMTers and other botters. Then when that era starts to end (around PoP-GoD) you basically create a situation where a huge % of the server can't easily continue playing because a group of at least a few characters is needed to do much of anything in EQ even today at live at 115, and basic server dynamics start making groups harder to just throw together casually aroun this time. You're tanks and melee dps, the ones who with raid gear can most easily start to anchor a box crew, will around this time work out ways to half ass run crews under truebox rules, and the rest of your guild will largely experience grouping past that point as an experience in which you're basically asking a boxer who doesn't need anything you offer to please help you do content. Compare this to how in real EQ played on normal SOE servers from the year 2005-2021, people just made additional accounts to get through this stuff.

So in short Truebox actually just benefits RMTers and cheaters in the first 4-5 expansions of EQ and then creates server population issues that just grow over time for every server once it's out of those early eras.
So much this. Truebox rules are basically just like gun laws. In the end, the only people they end up fucking over are law-abiding citizens. The "OMG MEGA BOX ARMY!!!" people that the Karens bitch about "dominating" camps are going to do it regardless and just like you said, by having Truebox enabled, it only ends up fucking over the "little guy", especially when you get to the the expansions beyond PoP (honestly, even after Velious there's a pretty big dropoff even, because of all the classic "purists").

It would be one thing if DPG actually policed/enforced it on the Truebox servers, but they don't. So, all it does is benefit RMTers even further and all the fucking concern trolls just end up hurting themselves and turning it into a self-fulfilling prophecy where RMTers "dominate" camps. A non-truebox would've been amazing on a server like Mischief, because it's a lot more difficult to lockdown high-value items like fungi tunic.