EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

fresh

<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing on Thornblade? I'm gonna start leveling a SK there this week. He is a dumb troll because I can't be a gnome yet.

Name is Fresh, hit me up if anyone is exping still.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didnt even know people were KS'ing Epic Quest mobs as bad as they are, even after seeing peoples examples. The other night, I was helping a couple clerics with their epic piece in Lake Rathe. The part where you turn the crown in and kill the Fire Elemental. We were probably 5/6 deep when we first got there for the first Cleric. Sakura appeared to be afk over on the side. Said something about Sakura to someone else in Discord and they said to be wary because theyre a POS person. Sakura never moved on that first Cleric's turn in likely due to the force we had there. Other cleric binds there and we go do Ixiblat etc. while we wait on respawn.

Its about 4am when the next pop was about to happen. I left my 53 Mage there to help kill the Fire Elemental and told the cleric that another 60 DPS was coming just to be safe after the warning and to hold on for a minute. He was anxious (or just didnt expect it to happen) to get his piece, so he turned it in with just him and the Mage there. As soon as he turns it in, a Wizard (some weird name) and Sakura run over and starts nuking the shit out of the mobs for the credit. At the end, the wizard is telling him he turned in a crown too and that he should have been more prepared for a DPS race. Finally, the wiz said after berating him to do better - "You should sit here and wait for the next clerics turn in and KS that one!" making it a dead give away that he did just that.

Shit all I could do to help him at that point. I could only feel bad for the Cleric, knowing he was probably fuming mad. He paid 2 krono for the Berg crown cause getting the Berg camp without a big group of people pushing out the entire group of krono farmers at that camp would be a tall order in itself. After thinking about it, there are a ton of quest mobs that people can kill to skip huge portions of the bottle necks. I feel like it's only going to get worse as the server keeps going. Would be one thing if CS did something about it, but good luck getting anywhere with their hands off approach.
Do you have any screenshots or logs of Sakura doing this?

I'll add him to the bounty if this is real.

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
1626816210093.png

Is that what happened?

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Haven't done this since the changes, but according to the patch notes story checks out. But i cannot confirm if it's working as intended.

Game Update Notes: March 10, 2021 | EverQuest Forums
- - - Only someone that has handed Lord Bergurgle's Crown to Shmendrik can loot the Damaged Goblin Crown from the spirit of flame.
- - - Once you hand the Damaged Goblin Crown to Natasha you will have to hand a new Lord Bergurgle's Crown to Shmendrik to loot the Damaged Goblin Crown again.

Edit: actually nevermind i have zero clue if Damage Goblin Crown is no drop on Mischief, it is lore though.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The * loot locks should not care if something is notrade or not. The problem is I am not fully confident it works since turning in the crown respawns shmendrik but killing him spawns the spirit who drops the crown, and the track record on * persisting past a single triggered spawn is 0 everywhere else that I can think of?

The story checking out would be if he was able to immediately hand the damaged crown to natasha, since that is a triggered character flag and I wanna say I'm 99% sure it works (the gimblox portion I am 100% sure it works as it says as I tried to break it on rizlona).

edit - actually, if he had turned in a crown and someone else dicked him and he then waited to dick the next person, he'd be able to turn in his crown in that case too.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
But how does the first person not get a crown to start the dicking chain? Goes LD and never comes back?

The initial person's story does feel a little suspect now.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
The * loot locks should not care if something is notrade or not.

The fire ele isn't triggered by the turn in so it can't be * loot locked. But it's locked in the way the patch notes explain. You can only loot a Damage crown if you've turned a non-damaged one in, but since it's lore no drop you can only loot one damaged crown before you have to turn in the damaged crown which then locks you out of looting a second damage crown.

However if on free trade the Damage crown is droppable you could loot a damaged crown pass it to someone and continue to loot damaged crowns all you want until you turn one in.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The fire ele isn't triggered by the turn in so it can't be * loot locked. But it's locked in the way the patch notes explain. You can only loot a Damage crown if you've turned a non-damaged one in, but since it's lore no drop you can only loot one damaged crown before you have to turn in the damaged crown which then locks you out of looting a second damage crown.

However if on free trade the Damage crown is droppable you could loot a damaged crown pass it to someone and continue to loot damaged crowns all you want until you turn one in.

Was just thinking about it some more, and you could also put it in your shared bank and your hoard, too, even if it's still no drop. So yeah, plenty of ways to scam the system still.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Was just thinking about it some more, and you could also put it in your shared bank and your hoard, too, even if it's still no drop. So yeah, plenty of ways to scam the system still.

Well you can't put no drop in shard bank unless it's heirloom.

Yeah i just realized you could also destroy it and use the reclaim tokens or did they fix that.

• 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I believe reclaim was just made to respect lore, so you could only park one crown there as multiples wouldn't duplicate.