EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well ill give it a go. ANyone wants to twink a Iksar SK and SHammy let me know lol
You'll be pleasantly surprised at what a Krono gets you in plat and how cheap gear is. Wouldnt even worry about gear being a big problem. You might not get a Spirit Wracked Chord, Kunark Tier BP/Legs for cheap - but the rest comes pretty easy.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You'll be pleasantly surprised at what a Krono gets you in plat and how cheap gear is. Wouldnt even worry about gear being a big problem. You might not get a Spirit Wracked Chord, Kunark Tier BP/Legs for cheap - but the rest comes pretty easy.
I wouldn't even waste money on Kunark/BP legs, outside of novel shit like the Tolan's BP with the LFay TP or something. Otherwise, pretty much all that shit is pretty easily/quickly replaced in about 2 weeks.

Spirit Wracked stays good for a while though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya, just setting expectations. Running around with a mix of tier 1 and tier 2 is probably the sweet spot. Join a good sized guild and there will be plenty of people that'll help do the SK epic. I think Ive tanked the CoM Sk epic mob for people in Faceless-DKP probably a dozen times so far.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
We had to remove the ability for people to ping everyone on discord because of noob SKs trying to get a Lharc raid together at like 11am on a weekday.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I love when they message me directly on discord when I'm not in game.

"you busy?"

Yes I'm working i'll be on later.

"Can you log on your crew? Lharc is up"

• 2Worf

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya, just setting expectations. Running around with a mix of tier 1 and tier 2 is probably the sweet spot. Join a good sized guild and there will be plenty of people that'll help do the SK epic. I think Ive tanked the CoM Sk epic mob for people in Faceless-DKP probably a dozen times so far.

There is only 1 Faceless left also - the other renamed to "Greed is Good"

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
revamped 2.0 zones sure are interesting in this random situation.

For example, revamped fear (aka CT 2.0)

Does that mean CT in fear will drop velious loot (i.e ntov stuff?) - I bet it will.

Just thinking about their coding standpoint - will their randomization algorithms share loot per expansion zone (as in since CT 2.0 is in a classic zone it shares loot with classic raids.) They probably aren't that stupid though, but I'm not seeing an existing mechanism that states CT 2.0 is a velious raid unless their "expansion unlocking" mechanism already has that built in and isnt just some 1 off hack in a script that gets ran on the actual date velious launches.

based off the unique rules they've put in for raid bosses - like phinny doesnt share loot, minis share loot. chardok minis/dru share loot. vs/trak/vp share loot. they probably just have mechanisms in place to just group loot together and is most likely hard coded entries (versus some algorithm defining it dynamically.) in that case maybe they just add CT 2.0 to the ntov/kael "group"

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the revamped zones are going to be really interesting. Especially stuff like Paw, Droga, Nurga, etc. If it's just a level = x and expansion = y algorithm, that's going to be very interesting.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, the revamped zones are going to be really interesting. Especially stuff like Paw, Droga, Nurga, etc. If it's just a level = x and expansion = y algorithm, that's going to be very interesting.
That revamped CT took place in mid to end of velious right? Man that shit was fun.

I loved CT revamp too. Getting those mosquito leg earrings for days.

Sterling

El Presidente
That revamped CT took place in mid to end of velious right? Man that shit was fun.

I loved CT revamp too. Getting those mosquito leg earrings for days.
the high level version of CT was late luclin, but on TLP it comes out with PoP.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I will say that in Kunark we are currently getting random loot in the 20-30 range off a couple non-existant Timorous Deep named that either have never spawned or were removed 10+ years ago but were given the RARE mob tag years back when they first added the achievements.

This comment got me thinking and i think i just figured something out. 31-35 named are dropping Ring of the Ancients there supposedly back in the day was a Karana's version of Ancient Cyclops. Which would explain the 31-35 named dropping Rings.

Think this means we potentially see items that haven't dropped in a decade on this server assuming they were removed because the NPC was removed. Beer Goggles for GE 1.0 gonna be a drop again? Ring of fire loot?