EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Sterling

El Presidente
it's reasonably hard to track unless you're real dumb about it. If you get caught you'll get banned though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Try to avoid doing large quantities at once. I've known multiple people who have traded 20 plus krono multiple times and then were forced to do two-factor authentication. If that doesn't bother you, no big deal, but I know it would annoy me.

Sterling

El Presidente
Also, as a thing I try and avoid having more than like 100 or so kroners on a single account, in case of whatever.

Stifle

N00b
I always avoid putting all of my gold bars and diamonds in the same mansion, you know safety first

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Corrected an issue where NPCs with low hatred for all their opponents would not always choose to attack a player that successfully used the taunt skill.

Does this mean no more pulling Chardok King and Queen to zone?

Stifle

N00b
So then the question is, is it more healthy for the server to buy krono from the company running the game or to buy it from the people 6+ boxing the camps...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
FWIW, going through some old data, It looks like the GOD XP bump is very significant. Nearly 100%, at least on Mangler. 0.151 to 0.279 XP on a planar armor turnin at 65 (and yes, regular xp and quest XP share the same modifier as confirmed by devs). I remember referencing that when talking about rat ears but couldn't remember the actual data.

IIRC GoD and TSS both have huge exp bumps. There are other smaller bumps elsewhere, apparently. However those two are the big ones. I joined Phinny right after GoD came out and the leveling was pretty fast compared to what it is on every server pre-GoD. 1-55 flew by.

Then TSS bumps it to live exp rates, I believe. Though things balance out a bit and there's a cap on how many AAs you can get per mob, so by the time you reach the latest couple of expansions (110+) the exp gain rate sort of plateaus.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So then the question is, is it more healthy for the server to buy krono from the company running the game or to buy it from the people 6+ boxing the camps...

I try to just get them from people I know. Though normally I have way way more than I need, I made the mistake of selling my entire stock, lul. I was going to take a break from the game a few weeks ago and then decided to make a monk instead. Right after the exp bonus ended. A real comedy of errors.

And yeah, the only way you'll get banned for RMT is by being stupid, like going to a heavily populated zone and shouting "WTB Fungi Tunic, $20, will paypal" a few times until someone reports it. Or maybe bragging about selling raid loot on the live boards. Etc

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also, as a thing I try and avoid having more than like 100 or so kroners on a single account, in case of whatever.

The more krono you hold the greater chance of them finding something to randomly ban that account for. Then refusing to even give you a hint as to what the ban was for.

DickTrickle

IIRC GoD and TSS both have huge exp bumps. There are other smaller bumps elsewhere, apparently. However those two are the big ones. I joined Phinny right after GoD came out and the leveling was pretty fast compared to what it is on every server pre-GoD. 1-55 flew by.

Then TSS bumps it to live exp rates, I believe. Though things balance out a bit and there's a cap on how many AAs you can get per mob, so by the time you reach the latest couple of expansions (110+) the exp gain rate sort of plateaus.
There's three. GoD, DoDh, and TSS.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why are you holding on to more then 30 or so Krono and not turning them in to cash when you have more ?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There's three. GoD, DoDh, and TSS.

I never noticed the DoDH bump, probably because I never played a new character during those eras, just AA'd at 70. I do remember DoDH zones themselves being really good AA exp compared to previous expansions and chalked that up to the zones themselves having higher modifers. Never noticed the bump elsewhere though. I believe you though.

DoDH is such a weird place for an exp bump. Everyone is 70, they've been 70 for a while, there are no new races or classes to level up, and the expansions before and after it don't even have new AAs to get. TSS at least makes some sense because you've got a new race, starting area, leveling route etc which encourages new characters, plus a ton of AAs to get. And GoD goes along with a new class, so people leveling that new class won't have much of a slog.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
ahh damn that sucks, so all PoM is on TLP in velious is just the card quest then? I mean flowers are good, but the other quests fuken suck to do. so i doubt anything in pom will be tagged rare since the hunter achievement works off of pom 2.0 named.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
ahh damn that sucks, so all PoM is on TLP in velious is just the card quest then? I mean flowers are good, but the other quests fuken suck to do. so i doubt anything in pom will be tagged rare since the hunter achievement works off of pom 2.0 named.
Correct, and blam sticks.

• 1Like

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got 50 or so krono for sale, would like to offload them all in bulk if anyone is interested. Hit me up.

DickTrickle

I never noticed the DoDH bump, probably because I never played a new character during those eras, just AA'd at 70. I do remember DoDH zones themselves being really good AA exp compared to previous expansions and chalked that up to the zones themselves having higher modifers. Never noticed the bump elsewhere though. I believe you though.

DoDH is such a weird place for an exp bump. Everyone is 70, they've been 70 for a while, there are no new races or classes to level up, and the expansions before and after it don't even have new AAs to get. TSS at least makes some sense because you've got a new race, starting area, leveling route etc which encourages new characters, plus a ton of AAs to get. And GoD goes along with a new class, so people leveling that new class won't have much of a slog.

And worth noting the server xp modifier only works for regular XP, another reason why you wouldn't notice. I'm about 90% sure about that but damn if I know where the source is.

Edit: I believe that was initially an issue with Selo because the AA was so slow for the timeframe and they had to do something special to increase AA speed for Selo. But... memory is a bit foggy.

Last edited:
  • 1Pants on Fire!

DickTrickle

Well, latest test changes have nerfed taunt pulling. I think this was probably an unintended side effect of other changes, but I don't see them trying to fix it (they probably didn't even know it existed). I personally tested this in Chardok on test.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Well, latest test changes have nerfed taunt pulling. I think this was probably an unintended side effect of other changes, but I don't see them trying to fix it (they probably didn't even know it existed). I personally tested this in Chardok on test.
Oh they knew about it; a few DPG employees were in my chat one night and I spent a while just showing them a bunch of exploits including taunt pulls.