EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm still enjoying Mischief.

I do think the expansion unlocks are way too long. With the amount of loot you get per raid boss I'd be completely fine with 1 month unlocks for everything. My main complaint with Selo was that it was too much raiding with half lockouts but that could be solved with double loot. Mischief basically took care of the loot quantity issue. Now the 2nd month of velious and half the raid force doesn't log on. Keep these expansions short and sweet. Folks can fire up the AoC if they want to keep doing older content.

Push the level 70 content into 1 expansion. Remove true box at level 70.

I'd love to see the level 70 expansion idea, with one difference:

If you're keeping 3 month cycles for level raises, then have DoN/DoD/PoR all release simultaneously (give OoW its own moment, cause with epics it's fine). That gives said expansion launch AAs and plenty of stuff to last 3 months. DoN release would actually be something to look forward to for everyone, for a change.

Also combine PoP/LoY/LDoN into one 3 month release window as well, obviously.

Last but not least, roll TSS and TBS into one, which will allow TBS to be used more as a leveling expansion.

These changes also get rid of all of the AA-less cycles.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
No AA expansions are the worst.

Really kills the urge to just play the game.

There's a server idea:

-Classic/Kunark enabled at launch... with Luclin AAs, mobs are adjusted to have resists/AC/ATK that mirrors the inclusion of AAs accordingly.

Honestly, just harder content in general for Classic -> PoP would be great that extends beyond raid targets would be amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
All open world raid content flags you for PvP. If you are on a raid bosses aggro list or any of the related encounter NPCs you are flagged PvP for X minutes. If you attack someone that is flagged you are flagged for X minutes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's a server idea:

-Classic/Kunark enabled at launch... with Luclin AAs, mobs are adjusted to have resists/AC/ATK that mirrors the inclusion of AAs accordingly.

Honestly, just harder content in general for Classic -> PoP would be great that extends beyond raid targets would be amazing.
You really need to find a new game.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A lot of you guys just need to not quit after pop.

Planes of Power plus LDoN is five months. It will be four on Mischief. It's too fucking long. Burnout is for real and if you take a break you're break is three or four months. By that time who cares call me for the next TLP etc etc and the cycle repeats. If Darkpaw Games wants people to stick around they need to change their release schedule such that it is not a chore to see more eras.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Planes of Power plus LDoN is five months. It will be four on Mischief. It's too fucking long. Burnout is for real and if you take a break you're break is three or four months. By that time who cares call me for the next TLP etc etc and the cycle repeats. If Darkpaw Games wants people to stick around they need to change their release schedule such that it is not a chore to see more eras.
This is precisely why Selo was the 2nd most fun TLP behind Mischief. If you had put Mischief loot rules on Selo unlocks...

excited andy samberg GIF

• 1Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
The people who post on this forum are no where near being the profitable majority so why would DPG ever listen to someone on this forum. I mean how many of you are still paying for monthly subs in krono from the first TLP?

While I agree that burnout and player loss occurs after PoP, why would they ever do some of these ideas that only cater to 10% of a server's lifetime. I don't doubt that actually spinning up a server is low cost to them, but I'm sure it's decent overhead in terms of maintenance. Secrets, I don't need your opinion on how cheap you think it is because I'm sure there are security controls and audits they must adhere to retain certain certifications. I don't think it's a smart business decision to change anything with classic-pop (in terms of timeline) as they know people are going to play it regardless, so why rush the timeline of the most revenue generating period?

If you all really want to see change then you need to stick around after PoP and show them that the game is worth it after PoP. Then they may realize that rushing through classic-pop is a decent decision.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The people who post on this forum are no where near being the profitable majority so why would DPG ever listen to someone on this forum. I mean how many of you are still paying for monthly subs in krono from the first TLP?

While I agree that burnout and player loss occurs after PoP, why would they ever do some of these ideas that only cater to 10% of a server's lifetime. I don't doubt that actually spinning up a server is low cost to them, but I'm sure it's decent overhead in terms of maintenance. Secrets, I don't need your opinion on how cheap you think it is because I'm sure there are security controls and audits they must adhere to retain certain certifications. I don't think it's a smart business decision to change anything with classic-pop (in terms of timeline) as they know people are going to play it regardless, so why rush the timeline of the most revenue generating period?

If you all really want to see change then you need to stick around after PoP and show them that the game is worth it after PoP. Then they may realize that rushing through classic-pop is a decent decision.
Well, the big problem is DPG actively discourages making it past PoP due to their stance on TrueBox, lengthy unlock schedules, etc. That's kind of the point - it's not that the game isn't worth it past PoP, it's that PoP is about as far as most people can make it before burnout sets in due to DPG's active measures of slowing shit down.

Even if you can endure a 5+ month slog of PoP-LDoN and make it into GoD and OoW (both solid expansions), you have to endure ANOTHER 6 month slog of absolute shit right after it. Just to get to another great period of expansions. Back-to-back 5+ month slogs really kills a lot of the playerbase, which you can compensate for with a relaxed stance on TrueBox, but they also refuse to adjust that as well.

DPG was at least somewhat intelligent by reducing PoP - LDoN to 4 months on Mischief, but that block needs to be 3 months, just like DoN - PoR needs to be 3 months. Both those periods taking a year to get through is ridiculous.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
I can agree with disabling TrueBox after PoP. I can agree with PoP/LoY/Ldon needing to be shorter, probably 3 months. But you have people who are "I stop at PoP no matter what" because they think it's a disgrace to play EQ after it's "prime" when they don't realize how sweet GoD/OoW is. No idea if that's a significant number. So it's kind of back to why would DPG limit a solid revenue generating period. Maybe it's all related to a TLP basically always coming out when another TLP finishes PoP.

• 2Like

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mangler Krono prices were.. if going by bazaar prices..

135k average before launch of SoF (105k low, 150k high)
225k average after launch of SoF (175k low, 280k high)

I'm not in the least a krono buyer or seller, so i don't know exact prices. Maybe someone else has more accurate measures.

Sterling

El Presidente
DoDH is a pretty logical point of dropping truebox since that's roughly the point where 99 percent of meaningful content is instanced anyways.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Made a post about expansion-consolidation. Drop some likes, maybe if the demand is there a dev will decide to try it.

• 1Solidarity

Ryoz

<Donor>
It’s crazy that PoP + LDoN will be as long as Classic through Velious. Wow.

• 2Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still too long. They have their unlock methodology completely backwards; it should be longer BEFORE a level increase, as that is when the game is "widest" in content. Being parked in pop/oow is bad because the content gets exhausted and everything pre-endgame is trivialized before it unlocks in that level range.

Daidraco

Still too long. They have their unlock methodology completely backwards; it should be longer BEFORE a level increase, as that is when the game is "widest" in content. Being parked in pop/oow is bad because the content gets exhausted and everything pre-endgame is trivialized before it unlocks in that level range.
I can't take you seriously saying this. Not in a Mischief thread anyways. I followed cosby into WoW and these unlock schedules for 20 year old content are nauseating at best.

yerm

I can't take you seriously saying this. Not in a Mischief thread anyways. I followed cosby into WoW and these unlock schedules for 20 year old content are nauseating at best.

What are you talking about? Nauseating as in too fast or too slow? If you think it's too fast I don't really know what to tell you, I think you're wrong. If you think it's too slow... why come at me? I've always been a loud advocate for fast unlocks even going back to combine and me disputing the minimum there.

They realized being pidgeonholed into classic is awful and stale and gutted it down to the shortest window they could. The same thing needs to happen with pop, and the same thing needs to happen with oow. Don't stall on letting people get to the good content in these ranges (god/dodh). If you feel the need to stall for some DBG business reason, do it at the end of a set rather than right after a level increase. That's my simple argument.