EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Where are the best AA grinds going to be? Does AC still have the best exp mod? How camped are Ssra mines typically? I'm assuming PAL and Necro boxers are there constantly.

I'm thinking I might just take the crew to Umbral Plains, but I think outdoor zones universally have a shitty exp mod, don't they?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Acrylia is pretty good, Griegs is pretty good, Ssra Mines are pretty good, Velks is still pretty good, Dragon Necropolis rat city is still pretty good.

I don't think Umbral is any good but damned if there aren't always people there making a go of it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Grieg mobs dont have a ton of HP at all. Inner AC is great but it can only support one group.

Umbral plains have a ton of hit points and it is not good at XP for the time spent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Acrylia is pretty good, Griegs is pretty good, Ssra Mines are pretty good, Velks is still pretty good, Dragon Necropolis rat city is still pretty good.

I don't think Umbral is any good but damned if there aren't always people there making a go of it.
My only problem with Griegs is the small amount of spawns there aren't really supportive of how many people pack into that zone. Even at gates, pulls are long and spawns are few.

Umbral is just on my radar as a place not many people are looking at, out of the way, and I LOVE boxing in outdoor zones - just worried about shitty exp mod. AC has me worried because of the key piece (especially early on, it'll probably be fine later) and the fact that it's one of the better cash spots. Ssra has me worried because mines are one of the best places for undead classes for a while.

How is Ahkeva these days? I always liked that zone, but didn't it have a lot of PITA bullshit like traps, mana drain, etc.?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. Acrylia Caverns
2. Grieg's End
3. Ssra Mines
4. Ahkeva
5. Umbral Plains

That's how I'd rank them exp-wise. On Mischief, Grieg's could be insane for loot. I remember pulling namers like every 5 mins because they are just random pops in pretty much any mob spawn point.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Where are the best AA grinds going to be? Does AC still have the best exp mod? How camped are Ssra mines typically? I'm assuming PAL and Necro boxers are there constantly.

I'm thinking I might just take the crew to Umbral Plains, but I think outdoor zones universally have a shitty exp mod, don't they?

Deeps the best place for AE.

Grieg's is the best for a normal group setup
SSRA Mines, Chardok and Velks are good if you're utilizing charm pets that increase your overall DPS
Inner AC is nice for a not full box group. You'll run out of mobs with a full grp, but the XP per kill is good.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's how I'd rank them exp-wise. On Mischief, Grieg's could be insane for loot. I remember pulling namers like every 5 mins.

That's not a bad thing to also consider. Ssra Mines are also full of trash named.

• 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Chardok Kennels is the best exp for Kunark to Luclin era, and it isn't close. Velks castle and GE gate rank second. Its all about mobs/hour and nothing beats the silly fast respawn at Kennels.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
On Mischief, Grieg's could be insane for loot. I remember pulling namers like every 5 mins because they are just random pops in pretty much any mob spawn point.
Grieg's should be absolutely retarded for loot. Grieg's was retarded for loot even without the Mischief system. With it? It should be busted. I'm hoping that keeps most people there, so I can find room in spots like Inner AC and Mines.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah Griegs will be a huge source of group gear that will be so common that it'll mostly worthless. I mean it might be worth the effort to put up that spell haste book for 1k plat in the bazaar, but I'm not sure that's a reason to choose where to XP at.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AC xp was nerfed. It was the best on selo, it was not on rizlona. Griegs was kinda the all around best xp, ssra mines was competitive, and chardok was up there or better but only if you had a really wild setup.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I feel dragon necropolis XP is underrated. Fast respawn on the rats but if you get a bad roll on the beetle trap it can be really tough if you're not prepared or don't have an enchanter.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I feel dragon necropolis XP is underrated. Fast respawn on the rats but if you get a bad roll on the beetle trap it can be really tough if you're not prepared or don't have an enchanter.

If people are raid geared you can just shit all over the ratman city and it's solid exp.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
AC xp was nerfed. It was the best on selo, it was not on rizlona. Griegs was kinda the all around best xp, ssra mines was competitive, and chardok was up there or better but only if you had a really wild setup.
How's The Deep AOE exp nowadays? I remember back in original Luclin, there was no better exp in the game. 2 Wizards 2 Enc 1 Clr 1 Puller, preferably Bard.

Another top secret spot was Shadowhaven.

And I'm guessing they gutted Chardok aoe?

Does PoFire rampage aoe shenanigans work on TLP's? What about Headshot exp farm?

Just curious what things are like.

Sterling

El Presidente
Shadowhaven was nerfed almost 20 years ago. MIght as well talk about how xp in the grey was before they added the rock traps!

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How's The Deep AOE exp nowadays? I remember back in original Luclin, there was no better exp in the game. 2 Wizards 2 Enc 1 Clr 1 Puller, preferably Bard.

Does PoFire rampage aoe shenanigans work on TLP's? What about Headshot exp farm?

The xp in the deep is basically identical to like the middle of chardok, like bank area etc. Maybe slightly worse. Its nearly identical in terms of density and pathing and I think its basically close enough or the same for kill per mob of the same level, but the deep has shit levels. It was only ever good for ae.

Everything else you said is like a decade out of date.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider

The Deep - About 1AA per pull if you have a good squad that is using 2-3 clerics to pull. It's pretty solid. I did it a lot on Rizlona because it's a perfect work from home spot to xp. Spend 3-4 mins every 12 or so xping then go back to work. AE Stun is nerfed now, though - you need at least 3 enchanters(iirc) to be safe.

Shadowhaven - Gone :(

Chardok - Chardok AE still exists, same thing about enchanters as in The Deep, though. Kennels is still the best xp in town.

PoFire - Shakerpage got nerfed a looooong time ago, same with headshot.