EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lot of great ideas on how to recreate the miragul player population in here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
i demand they go full retard

>pick a starting zone mob instead of a normal race, whatever class
>heem your way up in levels by burying other mobs, you're ally to like-race mobs (kobolds, orcs, goblins, frogloks etc)
>citys are now end game dungeons

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i demand they go full retard

>pick a starting zone mob instead of a normal race, whatever class
>heem your way up in levels by burying other mobs, you're ally to like-race mobs (kobolds, orcs, goblins, frogloks etc)
>citys are now end game dungeons
Blackburrow's my starting zone. I'm the gnoll pup at entrance. I start my adventure by killing filthy humans and half elves in the Qeynos Hills. My end game is raiding East Commons, to harvest plat and gear from Kronolords.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lot of great ideas on how to recreate the miragul player population in here.

I like the idea of having all mob spawns be fully randomized. Have Trakanon spawning rarely in the middle of Sebilis, random Velketors out of nowhere at the kobold camp, a couple of VSes as the first mobs in Karnors. Zone into Tacvi and hope you get multiple Tunats spawned, etc. It'd be a server where raid targets are up 100% of the time, and it'd be absolute unplayable bedlam. DO IT, COWARDS

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That might be a bit extreme unless said expansions are unlocked, tbh. Emu has proven that if you're too 'overpowered', the game feels unfun after about maybe a few days of playing.
For sure it'd have to be "locked" to expansions - nothing "out of era". Hobart's helm dropping off Trak would be stupid. But, once GoD is unlocked, there's no reason you couldn't have Natimbi items dropping in classic. Or fabled items dropping in Velious, etc. If it's in the level "range" and the expansion is unlocked, add that bitch to the pool! Oh, you just killed Aten? Enjoy your Trak loot!

It adds just enough "spice" on a surefire winning server ruleset that they have in Mischief. Just enough to keep it "fresh", so it doesn't become just another "Phinny refresh" style server they do every year.

Last edited:

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
So... Anyone want to discuss the battle between open world guilds and the warping botters?

Surprised no one has brought up the... 1 or 2 Atens that a bot guild has already "taken" from GIG.

Thornblade having any similar things or is it just Mischief open world getting yoinked?

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
October 13th is when Luclin was released. Losing 2 atens in that short amount of time is a big deal. Seeing as it took nearly 2 weeks for the bot guild to AA + kill emp/key for VT.

They've been in VT for only roughly 2 weeks.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
We have all these ideas about loot rules, and have freqent disscusions about them, but when did anyone suggest random loot to them in the past? I don't remember people making a big thing about wanting random loot, but here we are. And it is amazing, more people are having the time of there life with these 2 servers then any other. Some people were worried about the shakeup at DBG, but it seems that maybe it was for the best. We got our 2 servers this year, the launch was very good, and the queue lasted like 2 hours before they did something to fix it for more people to get in. I'm seeing real effort being put into the EQ IP. It feels good, man.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I feel like one of the streamers talked about random loot. I think that's where they get a lot of their "ideas" to make "improvements". Someone at the company watches 1 of the 3 popular EQ streamers and something good or (usually) bad changes.

Did anyone else notice they plugged the holes in ssra on top of the "doors" that you used to be able to levitate up on top of.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So... Anyone want to discuss the battle between open world guilds and the warping botters?

Surprised no one has brought up the... 1 or 2 Atens that a bot guild has already "taken" from GIG.

Thornblade having any similar things or is it just Mischief open world getting yoinked?
Clearly we need more True Box, guys! That'll stop all the botters and multi-boxers!!

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was Lemmings Unbound who sniped an AHR recently? GME or Boomerang could've but thats who I saw after a kill message on Sunday I think.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

No issues on thornblade losing tier 1 mobs. We dont leave them up long enough to have that issue.
How does a guild the size of GiG lose something like that? I mean it takes all of 30 seconds? to run from zone in to aten. How many dps did the "bot" guild have? With the giant roster of GiG id imagine they would have at least like 40 main dps there pretty quickly. Seems like its pretty embarrassing on the GiG end.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No issues on thornblade losing tier 1 mobs. We dont leave them up long enough to have that issue.
How does a guild the size of GiG lose something like that? I mean it takes all of 30 seconds? to run from zone in to aten. How many dps did the "bot" guild have? With the giant roster of GiG id imagine they would have at least like 40 main dps there pretty quickly. Seems like its pretty embarrassing on the GiG end.

It's called cheating. The one I personally saw, the mob popped with GME not being in the zone and the entire GME raid force was at the kill spot within 3-5 minutes and engaging. That's warping and no fully human guild is going to top that unless they were poopsocking.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Clearly we need more True Box, guys! That'll stop all the botters and multi-boxers!!

There are AE PL groups that make $2500/day because of the true box dumb shit.

Exactly like we said, all it does is fuck the little guy with their single box or 3 box setup.

The guys with a dozen shit box PCs made out like bandits