EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
From what I heard, Aten was already engaged before people even logged on. It was engaged within 5 minutes of spawning. Also, while at least 1 warder was up, meaning they warped directly to Aten and avoided the warders that are in the room you click into.

Some of those same toons involved in that Aten snipe were in Chardok/Nexus the moment Aten spawned.

Aten spawns. Full raid gates/leaves nexus and warps netherbian, dawnshroud, ME, UP, VT and up to atens room before GIG even logs on to contest.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
From what I heard, Aten was already engaged before people even logged on. It was engaged within 5 minutes of spawning. Also, while at least 1 warder was up, meaning they warped directly to Aten and avoided the warders that are in the room you click into.

Some of those same toons involved in that Aten snipe were in Chardok/Nexus the moment Aten spawned.

Aten spawns. Full raid gates/leaves nexus and warps netherbian, dawnshroud, ME, UP, VT and up to atens room before GIG even logs on to contest.
Agro warder, whole raid goes bye bye. Easy solution to that one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Do the warders in the buff room hit people in atens room? I know they need line of sight to actually trigger on people. But have never tried triggering it in the buff room while someone was safely inside atens room.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Do the warders in the buff room hit people in atens room? I know they need line of sight to actually trigger on people. But have never tried triggering it in the buff room while someone was safely inside atens room.
Range is 240 iirc

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
With the plat dupe massively inflating krono prices I would expect to see more OW targets taken not less.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Why would a plat dupe ever make people more likely to put in work? That's like thinking if only the govt printed more money and drove inflation higher people would work harder. It distorts the economy badly and prices many non raiders out of the market unless they are buying krono for RL $s.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I don't see the connection between Krono prices and OW targets.

Krono value relative to item value has stayed relatively consistent, it's only the platinum portion of the equation that's all jacked up

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the implication is that raw plat has lower value so people will spend more of their time scraping ow targets even of mediocre quality rather than blasting plat droppers.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I think the implication is that raw plat has lower value so people will spend more of their time scraping ow targets even of mediocre quality rather than blasting plat droppers.

Not that it really affects anyone here but it kinda puts a damper on the idea of casuals being able to just farm hillgiants or misty guards or whatever plat farm casuals like in order to buy raid loot.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not that it really affects anyone here but it kinda puts a damper on the idea of casuals being able to just farm hillgiants or misty guards or whatever plat farm casuals like in order to buy raid loot.
are you suggesting that having to kill 20 thousand hill giants for a piece of decent raid gear is daunting?!?!

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm super casual, I farmed the hill giants, I bought raid gear for 2 chars. It's not impossible.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I am starting to think the next server, even if just a mangler clone will see a larger than expected population moving from the current servers.
The vast majority of people I have talked to so far have been like there is no way I can play on a non-randomized loot server again. So, I'm not sure why anybody thinks that there will be a mass exodus from Mischief when the new TLP server comes out.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If I was pitching ideas for improving retention on Mischief style servers I'd go with a removal/reduction of recommended levels and required levels on items. Just take rec off of everything and lower requireds by five or ten across the board.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The vast majority of people I have talked to so far have been like there is no way I can play on a non-randomized loot server again. So, I'm not sure why anybody thinks that there will be a mass exodus from Mischief when the new TLP server comes out.
This.

I think a LOT of people's eyes were opened on how much they love something they never really thought they wanted/EQ needed. Sure, the dupe really fucked up the economy for a bit, but prices have been pretty stable now for a few weeks. And sure, "stability" is basically items that sell for either 1000p or 500,000plat, with very little in-between, but this server's economy was always going to be wonky with free-trade.