EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Time loot only available in Time? I cannot handle that much randomness, have to sit down. Is the loot from the four elemental gods only found on the four elemental gods?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The little dick measuring contest between GiG and Faceless over super pedantic stuff is both amusing and sad. Both sides.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Having fully cleared PoP that's WAY WAY better then anything other then a fully spawned Fire/water. That's just fucking retarded.
Sounds like another Kronolord who's fuckin' bootyblasted that he doesn't have a monopoly on gear. Not to fear, Ngreth bailed you boiz out again. Score another point for "mischief" and randomness!

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

In the official discord, there was a lot of back and forth, and it seems Ngreth isn't yet totally set on his plans. At first he was saying vanilla time until at least 1/19 but he may be persuaded to just remove mujaki/anglerfish event. No one knows!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
In the official discord, there was a lot of back and forth, and it seems Ngreth isn't yet totally set on his plans. At first he was saying vanilla time until at least 1/19 but he may be persuaded to just remove mujaki/anglerfish event. No one knows!
Don't even need to do that. Just jack the fuckin' respawn timer on the trigger for those events to the moon.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Only so much he can do without a patch.
Oh, no doubt. Ngreth has generally been awesome and I'm sure it's tough having just released a live expansion on such a small team. I just think that there are TONS of solutions that don't involve catering to the people who want monopolies on Krono.

That's why I'm really hoping they make the next TLPs interesting, so most of these people will fuckoff and let random be random.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I restored Time mobs EXCEPT Avatar of the Elements and Supernatural Guardian. Carprim and #High_Priest_Ultor_Szanvon are removed, Angler (a bunch of mobs!) is removed
[2:57 PM]
"removed" thing STILL drop loot, but ONLY their own loot.
[2:58 PM]
Mujaki_the_Devourer stayed removed
[2:58 PM]
so Avatar of the Elements and Supernatural Guardian still drop loot, but only their own, The rest of time mobs are randomized."

Pretty decent solution until it can hopefully be tweaked with an actual patch.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like another Kronolord who's fuckin' bootyblasted that he doesn't have a monopoly on gear. Not to fear, Ngreth bailed you boiz out again. Score another point for "mischief" and randomness!

I know this might shock you but some people like myself would prefer the meta to not be kill some extremely trivial mob super slowly with a 6-12 people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I know this might shock you but some people like myself would prefer the meta to not be kill some extremely trivial mob super slowly with a 6-12 people.
As opposed to the VERY EXCITE, MUCH WOW meta of clearing time once a week and occasionally sweeping PoFire? So much more fun... :rolleyes:

Elementals still crush every single zone on EXP and Time still has the greatest concentration of loot in the expansion. There's no way the meta would "shift". There are still PLENTY of reasons to do those zones.

Clearly you never did Mujaki. All they needed to fix was the respawn timer of the trigger mob. Notice how basically NOBODY bitched about Carprin dropping P4 time shit? Because he didn't spam the server and his respawn is 3 days. Like usual, a bunch of Al Bundy's who have a retarded impression that P4 time shit dropping off random 1-4 group mobs is suddenly going to mean the entire server has BIS armor in 2 days.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
As opposed to the VERY EXCITE, MUCH WOW meta of clearing time once a week and occasionally sweeping PoFire? So much more fun... :rolleyes:

Elementals still crush every single zone on EXP and Time still has the greatest concentration of loot in the expansion. There's no way the meta would "shift". There are still PLENTY of reasons to do those zones.

Clearly you never did Mujaki. All they needed to fix was the respawn timer of the trigger mob. Notice how basically NOBODY bitched about Carprin dropping P4 time shit? Because he didn't spam the server and his respawn is 3 days. Like usual, a bunch of Al Bundy's who have a retarded impression that P4 time shit dropping off random 1-4 group mobs is suddenly going to mean the entire server has BIS armor in 2 days.

He should have left it until monday non random for time loot in case another exploit was found over the weekend.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

I never said i wanted Time to not be randomized outside of time. But let me break it down for you. The Tier 1 right now is effectively 70ish mobs a little over 20 random trashy flagging mobs, 5ish random nonsense mobs, a little over 30 EP minis+gods and 9 good Time mobs. The meta thing to do is kill as many of those targets as you can in as little time as you can. This means two things 1) Mass splitting trival content with low numbers 2) Killing large amounts of mobs in these buckets that don't require trash clears.

This means the ideal instance schedule for a guild with 100ish active players is.

Day 1- 3 Split Water/Fire
Day 2- 7+ splits of Sol Ro minis
Day 3- massively Splits of the other various other mobs that don't require long trash clears like Valon/Tallon ect. Or Plane of time cause you want P3 loot.

Too me day 2 sounds really unfun.

In the Time is takes to 2 split PoTime you can do half a dozen Sol ro mini splits that would give you more T1 loot 30 for Sol ro vs 18 for Time. It would also give you more P1&2 bucket mobs 42 for Sol ro vs 20 for Time that are on the P1&2 table since the named Fiends in one of the towers share with P1/2. Effectively the only real reason to do Time now is for golem loot that contains BiS and isn't randomized.

Ideally the Tier 1 bucket would be
3 flag mobs - MM, RZTWL, SOL RO(i pick these because they're somewhat challenging compared to the rest of flag mobs)
25ish EP mobs trimming some of the trash like Charm birds, C1 General and Earth A rings
9 tier 4+ time bosses

Tier 2 would be

P1-3
Fennin Minis
The EP mobs i trimmed like Earth A rings.

Tier 3 bucket AKA the trash would included everything else.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I never said i wanted Time to not be randomized outside of time. But let me break it down for you. The Tier 1 right now is effectively 70ish mobs a little over 20 random trashy flagging mobs, 5ish random nonsense mobs, a little over 30 EP minis+gods and 9 good Time mobs. The meta thing to do is kill as many of those targets as you can in as little time as you can. This means two things 1) Mass splitting trival content with low numbers 2) Killing large amounts of mobs in these buckets that don't require trash clears.

This means the ideal instance schedule for a guild with 100ish active players is.

Day 1- 3 Split Water/Fire
Day 2- 7+ splits of Sol Ro minis
Day 3- massively Splits of the other various other mobs that don't require long trash clears like Valon/Tallon ect. Or Plane of time cause you want P3 loot.

Too me day 2 sounds really unfun.

In the Time is takes to 2 split PoTime you can do half a dozen Sol ro mini splits that would give you more T1 loot 30 for Sol ro vs 18 for Time. It would also give you more P1&2 bucket mobs 42 for Sol ro vs 20 for Time that are on the P1&2 table since the named Fiends in one of the towers share with P1/2. Effectively the only real reason to do Time now is for golem loot that contains BiS and isn't randomized.

Ideally the Tier 1 bucket would be
3 flag mobs - MM, RZTWL, SOL RO(i pick these because they're somewhat challenging compared to the rest of flag mobs)
25ish EP mobs trimming some of the trash like Charm birds, C1 General and Earth A rings
9 tier 4+ time bosses

Tier 2 would be

P1-3
Fennin Minis
The EP mobs i trimmed like Earth A rings.

Tier 3 bucket AKA the trash would included everything else.
So, more autist spreadsheet "tiering" and "buckets" just like Velious, Luclin, and now PoP? The ENTIRE point of this server was conceived as "random"(obviously you can't have Quarm loot dropping off a hobgoblin). I feel like if you want "Tiered Random", that should probably be an idea you champion with the devs for the next server. It was fine when VS was dropping PD loot as a mob that can be 2ish grouped in-era, but suddenly NOW everything has to be broken up into little compact "tiers"? Why?

Is it stupid that Mujaki could be spawned repeatedly? Yeah, that's kinda dumb and cool that it got "fixed". Is it dumb that he dropped P4 loot every 6-9 kills? No, not really, since if his respawn timer was 3 days like Carprin, that's a fuckin' terrible loot average and the ONLY reason people do 300 splits of trash mobs is because of FOMO. You've got FOUR fuckin' months of this shit - that shit is overboard as fuck.

Effectively the only real reason to do Time now is for golem loot that contains BiS and isn't randomized.
EXACTLY. That WAS the entire fucking point of the server. You can just smash Time and get a higher concentration of bosses in one area/hunt for BIS, or you can hop zone to zone, go full autist, and do 300 splits of random trash "bosses". Like Olmec, the CHOICE IS YOURS AND YOURS ALONE! That was whole idea - do whatever the fuck you'd like and sometimes you get rained on with dank loot, other times you get shit on. People CONSTANTLY trying to compartmentalize and "tier" every fucking expansion is getting really tiring and quickly ruining the original point of the server. It's slowly just becoming a free-trade, BONUS loot server, not a free-trade, RANDOM loot server that it was billed as.

It should be fun watching people flip the fuck out, AGAIN, when Tacvi loot is dropping from Ikkinz or Uqua shit and we go through this whole "tiering" shit again. Maybe we could have the devs do T1 as Tacvi only, T2 is Qvic/Inktu`Ta only, and T3 can be Uqua only! How fuckin' exciting that would be, huh?! Put a real fuckin' TWEEEEST on the server! Or, hopefully...most of you crybabies will have fucked off to the new TLPs by then.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

To be fair, they NEVER really explained their philosophy of what the server should be, probably to make it more of a mystery. But that's led to people having very, very different concepts of what the server should be and the way the devs (lol, the dev) has handled the various issues does not make it all that more clear.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
So, more autist spreadsheet "tiering" and "buckets" just like Velious, Luclin, and now PoP? The ENTIRE point of this server was conceived as "random"(obviously you can't have Quarm loot dropping off a hobgoblin). I feel like if you want "Tiered Random", that should probably be an idea you champion with the devs for the next server. It was fine when VS was dropping PD loot as a mob that can be 2ish grouped in-era, but suddenly NOW everything has to be broken up into little compact "tiers"? Why?

Don't forget Kunark and Classic. Oh wait that's literally every expansion.

Pretty crazy you're unironically arguing a mob that's 1 groupable 5 levels below the level cap with previous expo gear belongs on the same Tier as Rathe Council and Tallon Zek in Time. The gap between Mischief dual wield VS and PD wasn't that big and TBH dual wield VS is probably harder then PD. Fay is probably the only mob you could argue didn't belong on the T1 list and it was one of 12 mobs so it wasn't a big deal. On the other hand with POP the mobs that don't belong outnumber the Time boss/EP bosses and make up like 30% of the loot table.

EXACTLY. That WAS the entire fucking point of the server. You can just smash Time and get a higher concentration of bosses in one area/hunt for BIS, or you can hop zone to zone, go full autist, and do 300 splits of random trash "bosses". Like Olmec, the CHOICE IS YOURS AND YOURS ALONE! That was whole idea - do whatever the fuck you'd like and sometimes you get rained on with dank loot, other times you get shit on. People CONSTANTLY trying to compartmentalize and "tier" every fucking expansion is getting really tiring and quickly ruining the original point of the server. It's slowly just becoming a free-trade, BONUS loot server, not a free-trade, RANDOM loot server that it was billed as.

Every other expo has basically boiled down to kill more of the high end raid mobs for more of the best loot. POP basically boils down to if you kill high end raids you get less of the best loot then someone doing the easy raids. That's just backwards. You couldn't get sky loot or CoF by doing Hate minis, you couldn't get PD robes by doing Royals, you couldn't get Vulak loot by killing Dain, you couldn't get AHR loot by killing Servitor. This server has been far from "do whatever the fuck you'd like." I have zero problem with letting people do easier content and have a chance at the best loot. But that's far different than making the easy content better for farming the best loot.

The inspiration for the server was chatter on the live forums about have a TLP that's more like D2/POE. Both those game employ a "Tiered Random Loot" system and that's were the inspiration for where Mischiefs loot system came from. It's really cool that in D2 you can get BiS SoJ off Nightmare Andy, but it's also important that Hell Chaos runs give better loot for the time spent.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Any FOHers have an 8th ring or Dain's ring I could get a hit off of? Found out about those permanent AA thingies from items, and would love to get those active.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
A bunch of EQ players screeching for nerfs over a random mob dropping random loot on a random loot drop server is the most EQ thing ever.

• 2Like