EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Xevy

Log Wizard
If it happened in any era outside of PoP the Mujaki stuff would maybe be okay. But POP lasts for fucking ever and has items you'll use FOREVER in EQ so getting those items incredibly quickly and getting all of them is going to burn people out. PoP is already the expansion people quit in (LDoN, really) and if you get all BiS in 3 weeks the next 9 aren't going to be worth logging in.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it happened in any era outside of PoP the Mujaki stuff would maybe be okay. But POP lasts for fucking ever and has items you'll use FOREVER in EQ so getting those items incredibly quickly and getting all of them is going to burn people out. PoP is already the expansion people quit in (LDoN, really) and if you get all BiS in 3 weeks the next 9 aren't going to be worth logging in.

This server will be dead in 6 weeks at the rate gear is dropping. Then only 10 more weeks until GOD.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Sounds like you should go play EQ EZ server or something else then if thats what you wanted.
First off:- "EZ"Server does not mean or stand for "Easy"Server- it means "Extended Zones". these "extended zones" form the progression route of the server.
The difficulty level increases significantly once you reach Level 70 and start your progression in the plain of time with the Epic 1.5.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Would've been cool to do Burrower, THO, etc. more in Luclin. No point, because we had to follow the nice, neat little compartmentalized "tiering" system that all the Kronofags want, to limit access to their markets.

God i love how you bitch about not being worth it to kill lower tier shit in Luclin because they didn't drop good loot, completely unaware that one of those mobs dropped tons of good loot you were just to lazy to kill it. Burrower was Tier 2 in a bucket with a bunch of VT mobs that dropped a bunch BIS stuff. Very few people bothered to kill Burrower because it wasn't worth the time investment, which is the state Plane of Time is in now only time is a bit worse because PoP has more total raids.

Do you even play on this server or you just hear to REEEEEEEEEE.

• 1Ice Burn

Ryoz

<Donor>
Aw that’s no fun. Oh well, if any RMP members know Hevyd he -might- be taking a little break.

Last edited:

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Any FOHers have an 8th ring or Dain's ring I could get a hit off of? Found out about those permanent AA thingies from items, and would love to get those active.
I do - but it’s a buff that is dispellable and doesn’t stack with regen spells or certain attack buffs (as a ranger it stacks with all my shit)

char name is Sszeth if you see me online and come to me a click is all yours

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Temple of Droga.

Droga is best for the 60-65 grind? This is the first time I've heard that I think. IIRC Grieg's End, Deep, and PoP zones themselves (PoN, PoI) are generally what's used for grinding 60-65 depending on group makeup. Have AOE classes? Deep. Have headshotters? Grieg or PoN. Have a normal group? PoI or Grieg. If in a raid guild you get PoFire flagged ASAP and get in there, but usually you'll be 65 by then anyway so it's mainly the AA grind spot.

It'd be good if Kunark were getting more use because some of those Kunark dungeons are super-underutilized and that's a crime.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Velious is great for me because of the nostalgia. It came out right around Christmas and life was good. I still hear Mrs.Jackson or One Armed Scissor in my head as I run around Thurg or Kael.

I’ll always love the snow.

Yeah I've got a TON of nostalgia for Velious. I love snow levels in games, and it came out in winter 2000 when life was super-good. Had finished high school and was taking some time off, playing Final Fantasy IX / Chrono Cross / Suikoden 2 / Grandia / Legend of Dragoon / Vagrant Story / Wild Arms 2. Also I love fighting dragons.

However I agree with Arbitrary Arbitrary in that the expansion really has lost a ton of shine. Formerly-fearsome enemies like Yelinak basically get rolled with ease on TLP, my once-favorite dungeon in any game TOV is now a bit of a slog, and there's just nothing to do outside of raids.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Nah Qelyn, Krim hasn't been around for a while.
Qelyn ate a ban? I always liked Krims but qelyn always had too much of the rage trigger where he’s calling everyone retards like it’s getting to him personally and making it not fun to run a 20 year old raid because he’s having an aneurism about loot.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like you should go play EQ EZ server or something else then if thats what you wanted.
So far, DBG is giving me exactly what I wanted out of Mischief/PoP. The "tiering" shit was kinda gay in Velious, moreso in Luclin, but now that Mujaki is "fixed", PoP has been great.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
100% agree with this. Luckily my life seems to always end up becoming super busy when Velious launches so I never play it anymore. Kunark always seems to get the short end of the stick. Ya the raids are minimal but the leveling zones are fun and always get skipped over.

This is why we need a Kunark-launch TLP, so those leveling zones can be a focal point for the population.

Also a TSS-launch TLP for the same reason.

Kunark has so many 1-50 zones that get ignored and TSS has so many 1-70 zones that get ignored by the majority of TLP players.

At least Luclin got Selo for people to start at that point and use those leveling zones. Kunark and TSS have gotten zilch. Especially TSS since it comes along much later after a usual drop in population. Kunark is early enough to still have a decent percentage of the server leveling. It's a shame most people don't stick around through the level 70 era and a TSS start, which begins right after that era, would be a great way to get people on-board to see the best era of the game (TSS to Rain of Fear).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The only way you could remove the plat at this point is to wipe all plat abruptly in a downtime, and mark all previous items no-value to prevent spending plat on gems and such to retain value.

It's unfortunate, but a new TLP would be the only way to restore the balance.

I've mentioned it before, but EQ2 most likely still has plat dupes and an abundance of people who will sell Krono. It's a pretty substantial issue that will always affect EQ1.

Is EQ2 worth playing in this day and age? I've been meaning to spend some time on it (like, maybe 3-4 months) since it launched. I subbed for one month during whatever the Kunark expansion was and rolled up an Iksar Monk, got really bored by level 12 and quit. However ever since I've been curious about taking a few months and getting a real look at the game.

Then again I still haven't gotten to FF14, ESO, LOTRO, or Vanguard, and EQ2 is probably a distant 5th on my "MMOs to try" list and I still have a lot to do in EQ1 so...yeah, I doubt I'll ever get around to EQ2 unless there's some sort of Selo-type expedited TLP server where everyone is running through the content.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If people haven't been collecting by now there's no chance they'll have enough time to get enough to matter. And there's definitely even less chance that the company is going to nerf this when they're trying their best to shit out an expansion that isn't totally broken at launch.

The Terror of Luclin launch day was incredibly smooth. Servers up right when they were supposed to be, didn't crash, no login issues, game worked.

...then the actual expansion was a glitch-filled mess. It took us about 3 days to complete it (besides AAs and collects/hunters of course) and cheevos/flags weren't firing, plat wasn't dropping, two of the zones couldn't actually be completed, etc.

I think everything is fixed now, IDK though, haven't been on since Friday and have other stuff goin' on now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone know if the alternate access flag quests still work on TLPs? I've been killing malarian larva in PoD for the past 2 days to get an alt flagged and have yet to see a single harrion larva spawn.