EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone know if the alternate access flag quests still work on TLPs? I've been killing malarian larva in PoD for the past 2 days to get an alt flagged and have yet to see a single harrion larva spawn.

Did it on Aradune, one of them was a pain to spawn but I think it's probably just RNJesus fucking with you

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Does anyone know if the alternate access flag quests still work on TLPs? I've been killing malarian larva in PoD for the past 2 days to get an alt flagged and have yet to see a single harrion larva spawn.

I've done all the alternate access (not backflag) quests available except Torment, so they definitely work. And yeah, killing the malarian larva for the harrion was the one pain point.

• 1Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Anyone have a spare toon I could make an officer in my one man army guild so I can get all my other toons in it as well?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Is EQ2 worth playing in this day and age? I've been meaning to spend some time on it (like, maybe 3-4 months) since it launched. I subbed for one month during whatever the Kunark expansion was and rolled up an Iksar Monk, got really bored by level 12 and quit. However ever since I've been curious about taking a few months and getting a real look at the game.

Then again I still haven't gotten to FF14, ESO, LOTRO, or Vanguard, and EQ2 is probably a distant 5th on my "MMOs to try" list and I still have a lot to do in EQ1 so...yeah, I doubt I'll ever get around to EQ2 unless there's some sort of Selo-type expedited TLP server where everyone is running through the content.
No. Hell no. It's a shadow of what it once was, and even then, that wasn't great either.

The Scott Hartsman -> pre-Dave Georgeson days were the last bit of fun anyone ever had with the game. The rest are there because of sunk cost fallacy.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No. Hell no. It's a shadow of what it once was, and even then, that wasn't great either.

The Scott Hartsman -> pre-Dave Georgeson days were the last bit of fun anyone ever had with the game. The rest are there because of sunk cost fallacy.

That's good, it's one thing I can scratch off the list. I'm 100% going to spend some time on FF14 and LOTRO but jury's out on ESO and Vanguard. I suspect Vanguard is pretty dated now too.

Sterling

El Presidente
Even bad MMOs often have some nice elements to them. Vanguard had some awesome classes and mechanics but early on there was just no content.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Even bad MMOs often have some nice elements to them. Vanguard had some awesome classes and mechanics but early on there was just no content.
Yeah, I often try to find the "good" in bad MMOs, to see what I'd like to see other games implement.

BDO is a mostly bad MMO, but its combat system and the ability to "play how you want" is something that is sorely missing from MMOs now. I just can't do the "do x task in y order" bullshit that this genre shits out anymore. It's probably the single largest reason I'm still playing this 22 year old hunk of shit and why I gravitate toward open-world "survival" style games.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

I thought EQ2 was fun to explore and level in. I don't think it's great for being max level, though.

• 1Moron

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought EQ2 was pretty fucking fantastic up until Echoes of Faydwer. Didn't really play any content past that, so not sure when it actually falls off the "rails". One of the things I loved most about EQ2 was the idea/concept of solo dungeons/instances. I really wish the genre had followed up/expanded on that more.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is the 64 bit client up yet? Any improvements?
This was only announced recently. I figure they just started developing it and we may see it by 2023. Hope to god they have a huge beta window and have both client sides live for a window of time.

DickTrickle

I mean, they explained in their plans exactly when they'd be trying to push it live, and that's in the first few months of the new year. The beta server was already running it, so it's pretty far advanced.

• 1Worf

Cisik

Golden Knight of the Realm
You speak the truth homie.

Vanguard psionicist is my all time favorite class in any game ever; I say that as someone who doesn't play casters either. It was that weird enchanter / necromancer-ish combo with a ton of lore baked in.

I'd kill for a vanguard TLP lol.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean, they explained in their plans exactly when they'd be trying to push it live, and that's in the first few months of the new year. The beta server was already running it, so it's pretty far advanced.
Will the 64-bit client allow for Ship to Ship combat?

Cisik

Golden Knight of the Realm
What would you want out of x64 client that you don't have now? Outside of performance improvements.