EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yes. You'll need to write a replacement that iterates through 64-bit pointers (8 bytes) and address spaces (no longer limited to 4GB)
ROFL.

It's going to be hilarious to see how many "totally not botting" folks disappear for a while.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’d trade 64bit for Old Freeport and classic skeleton illusion on AoNs and Necromancer pets.
All this talk about 64 bit makes me wanna play
1639542342832.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
ROFL.

It's going to be hilarious to see how many "totally not botting" folks disappear for a while.
For about a few hours, maybe a few days at most. I'd be extremely surprised if someone doesn't have a build that works on day one.

MySEQ I can imagine will be updated within hours.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
All this talk about 64 bit makes me wanna play <snip>
The 64 bits in the Nintendo 64 were seldom used. It was more of a marketing gimmick.

The memory bus was only 9 bits wide, for example. So you'd be bottlenecked elsewhere, not even considering the low clock speed.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Will a x64 client fix light sources flying up/down as you get father/closer? Nothing beats floaty eye skeletons/torches.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Will a x64 client fix light sources flying up/down as you get father/closer? Nothing beats floaty eye skeletons/torches.
It won't fix shit like that. The only two things it fixes are things that aren't actually ingame.

You have a better chance at the MQ2 developers fixing shit like that than the Daybreak devs at this point.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The 64 bits in the Nintendo 64 were seldom used. It was more of a marketing gimmick.

The memory bus was only 9 bits wide, for example. So you'd be bottlenecked elsewhere, not even considering the low clock speed.
I bet you’re fun at parties.

• 4Worf
  • 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe it's wishful thinking but I was assuming that the 64 bit architecture was part of a general rework of the client to bring it more in line with modern games. The UI not scaling to 4k being one particular sore spot.

Microsoft is dropping support for 32 bit CPUs with Windows 11 (although not for 32 bit software) although you had to try really hard to build a 32-bit-only PC in the last 15 years.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It’s not the same because the spell effect trick doesn’t make it trail properly in the character hands like it used to.
It doesn't level up correctly either if I recall. It was so badass when at level 1 your Skin like wood was just a feeble green, and then at level 14 it had some tiny bits of blue in it, and then some orange, and then some gold and then finally it was a firework of badass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
When did they change the spell effects? I seem to remember temperance and the like having a much longer effect which was awesome and i'm sure when OoW came out the rift used to show a portal with an image of draniks scar in it, stuff like that.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
When did they change the spell effects? I seem to remember temperance and the like having a much longer effect which was awesome and i'm sure when OoW came out the rift used to show a portal with an image of draniks scar in it, stuff like that.
If I remember correctly, the new spell effects system was part of the Legacy of Ykesha expansion. At the time, we thought it was cool, but in hind sight, we lost a lot of really coolness that was the original EQ with that change. Cleric heals and buffs used to be so impressive before they changed it.