EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
So the rumor/speculation/word on the street is a couple folks from Vaniki got pissed at some people from Mischief who reported an exploit they were using, so in payback decided to destroy the Mischief economy using another exploit. Could be all conjecture/BS but who knows?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So the rumor/speculation/word on the street is a couple folks from Vaniki got pissed at some people from Mischief who reported an exploit they were using, so in payback decided to destroy the Mischief economy using another exploit. Could be all conjecture/BS but who knows?
Sounds like nonsense to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, EQ players can definitely be vengeful, weird, vendetta carrying fucks. BUT, they're even MORE lazy than they are vengeful. That sounds like wayyyyyy too much effort for most TLP shitters.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

I'm gonna be as vague as possible.

Random loot has made raw plat significantly easier to obtain with TSS launch. This caused KR value to go up significantly.

The rest is just people that are holding large amounts of plat over reacting because of rumors.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Unless something is absolutely tremendously bugged in something dropping high plat value vendorable gear in mass that should not, and was ony recently discovered - I can't see the normal drops, even if x4 more than normal causing this. Yes, this is the first expansion where many spells/tomes drop that sell for up to 2k to merchants. The height of vendorable plat items is SoF, where zones like Fortress Mechanatos and Gyro Spire Beta/Zeka have clockworks that not only drop tons of spells/tomes but tons of other scraps that sell to vendors for mass amounts.

To give you an idea of the actual amount of plat you can get killing and vendoring in these zones, a couple years back I used to mass train/clear these 3 zones with my live 115 raid geared paladin. I would clear all 3 zones twice over in about an hour time and every hour I would make about 50kpp in vendorable items (probably well over 1000 mobs killed). That said, to get these giant 100,000,000pp numbers - you would need to clear all of these 3 zones, 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 3 months straight to hit this mark. This is using a live raid geared character as well that could probably spew out more dps then every raider on Mischief combined to put in perspective (for those not aware of how powerful characters are on live, if you took every raid mob in TSS and put them on a raid geared live character, they would all drop in under 30 seconds).

I just don't buy this massive insurge coming from new plat vendorable gear. TSS has been out for close to 2 months now and the spike happened just in the last week while the other 6 weeks saw almost no fluctuation of krono prices whatsoever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I wonder if there's some hijinx with the removed item vendor, Marcia something. I know someone on Mangler who banked dozens of CoS to sell back to her for nobles. I can imagine mischief having some unintended loot table or something like that.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Last couple of pages are basically clickbait minus having something to actually click. smh

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Each claim is "two and a half BPs" worth of currency so I can't imagine you'd get a huge amount per claim. I dunno though.

BP is 700. TBH anyone using their claim on Mischief is a dumbass. The server has free trade and effectively double loot. Much better off using the claim on another server where loot is more valuable.