EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It had to have been super fast, Fippy dropped ~ 16 keys each of the first two tiers when we killed him the other night. They likely had two raid forces worth of keys or more before opening night was over after they did it all lol. Dude dropped something like a dozen armor molds too. Took almost as long to sort out the loot as it did the event.

That's pretty sick.

Finishing UF in 28 hours is also pretty sick. No idea what the record is but I imagine this is in contention, with the keys factored in of course.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That's pretty sick.

Finishing UF in 28 hours is also pretty sick. No idea what the record is but I imagine this is in contention, with the keys factored in of course.
Previous record was like 70 hour iirc. Sadly for a lot of expansions (like this one) Mischief makes it sort of irrelevant due to increased keys.

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
28 hours is insane, hehe. Any idea how long the next guild took to complete? Or is it only faceless going hard still?

If they did a mischief style server in future could destroy extra keys/flagging items to make it more in line with other servers? Guess might have to think about what to do with extra loot too then though and at that point may as well just not bother.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Previous record was like 70 hour iirc. Sadly for a lot of expansions (like this one) Mischief makes it sort of irrelevant due to increased keys.

Next stop is to do the Grand Slam achievement for Convorteum in-era. And later on, beat UEE in-era. I'm certain you could pull both of those off. Keys don't really factor in in either case to detract from the achievements. They've still both only been done once to my knowledge, and both late in the expansion cycle so you've got a lot of room to beat that record. I was at both, they were quite the slobberknocker events

Zaide

TLP Idealist
28 hours is insane, hehe. Any idea how long the next guild took to complete? Or is it only faceless going hard still?

If they did a mischief style server in future could destroy extra keys/flagging items to make it more in line with other servers? Guess might have to think about what to do with extra loot too then though and at that point may as well just not bother.
Mischief has had competition basically since classic. Faceless and GiG competed from mid Kunark til DoDH with GiG taking Velious, Luclin, and PoP (we were still a single guild for classic and Kunark launch but split mid Kunark)

There is another guild that competes since around PoR but their leadership is really incompetent and their players are bad. They raided longer/later than us every day and still took over 20 extra hours.

I am pretty sure Treasures (GiG reformed) would crush the current #2 guild but they legit just don’t want to stay up late and raid on non raid nights. Likewise Oathbreakers which is like a #4-5 guild would do the same.

You can see an expansion overview here:

I really love what Badzilla does with this site because he tracks both servers in this set and he uses timestamps instead just using 24 hour date blocks.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
A few buddies and myself have been playing this. We are almost 85 and just entered SoD tier 4 when Underfoot dropped. We moved over to Tier 1 Underfoot progression.

If anyone wants to join us let me know, we usually have a random spot with a mercenary filling it.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I starting playing a little while ago, got a 73 necromancer as of reply. I'd be interested if I can crank out some more xp to get to 85. Man, I could use an xp event.

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
That's a nice site, will check it out around time of new expansion launches ta. Dunno why but always fun to see how you guys are doing, hehe.

Been tooling around on a pal/dru/enc box on the server but super casual, only level 42 on them. Did get a wrapped visage of a shissar priest from a heritage box i keep meaning to throw up on the bazaar, might get a bit for twinking out the paladin when he's 65 or so

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
If someone was to start a new character on the Mischief server and had the following intentions:
  1. Play solo with only a merc to keep them company 99% of the time
  2. Never raid
  3. Play super casually
  4. Not run boxes (because I suck at boxing and it stresses me out)
  5. Not buy anything with krono to get ahead... just use what you get in game by playing (and occasionally hit up the bizarre)
What would you suggest for the following:
  1. Class to play
  2. Merc to use most of the time
  3. Do tutorial zone?
  4. Follow the TSS Heroic Adventurer path (think that's the name)
  5. etc

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If someone was to start a new character on the Mischief server and had the following intentions:
  1. Play solo with only a merc to keep them company 99% of the time
  2. Never raid
  3. Play super casually
  4. Not run boxes (because I suck at boxing and it stresses me out)
  5. Not buy anything with krono to get ahead... just use what you get in game by playing (and occasionally hit up the bizarre)
What would you suggest for the following:
  1. Class to play
  2. Merc to use most of the time
  3. Do tutorial zone?
  4. Follow the TSS Heroic Adventurer path (think that's the name)
  5. etc
Mercs mean you can play anything just fine. Your first merc will be the warrior one. It will PL you to 60-65 before it starts taking any noticeable damage between fights. If you are a healer this is when you start healing, otherwise this is when you switch to healer merc for the rest of the game. If you want pure solo powaa you will play a pet class. MAG/BST/NEC are just fucking amazing. You could probably box them too, even if you suck at boxing. WIZ/PLD/SHD are also great fun. SHM/DRU/MNK/BER fun. I haven't really played anything else in too long to remember.

BST or MAG is what I go with. Usually both since boxing one or the other is easy as shit. Get to camp. Pull on BST with slow. In camp everything beats the fuck out of mob(s). Just make a macro on MAG to assist you and then pet in and fire a few nukes if you want. BST pet tanks like a champ, and BST can keep it up great.

Leveling 1-65 is just look at hot zone list for the current period and go there. The daily hot zone quests will also fill your loot holes with the focus gear you need. Go to the class forums (if they still exist) for your class and read all the old notes about when to stop and farm AAs and which to get first.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Mercs mean you can play anything just fine. Your first merc will be the warrior one. It will PL you to 60-65 before it starts taking any noticeable damage between fights. If you are a healer this is when you start healing, otherwise this is when you switch to healer merc for the rest of the game. If you want pure solo powaa you will play a pet class. MAG/BST/NEC are just fucking amazing. You could probably box them too, even if you suck at boxing. WIZ/PLD/SHD are also great fun. SHM/DRU/MNK/BER fun. I haven't really played anything else in too long to remember.

BST or MAG is what I go with. Usually both since boxing one or the other is easy as shit. Get to camp. Pull on BST with slow. In camp everything beats the fuck out of mob(s). Just make a macro on MAG to assist you and then pet in and fire a few nukes if you want. BST pet tanks like a champ, and BST can keep it up great.

Leveling 1-65 is just look at hot zone list for the current period and go there. The daily hot zone quests will also fill your loot holes with the focus gear you need. Go to the class forums (if they still exist) for your class and read all the old notes about when to stop and farm AAs and which to get first.
I'm planning to do this as another series for my streams. The idea for this series is to give Alternate Personas another shot. I tried them in Beta, and it was a buggy mess. I am going to at least play 2 personas to level 60 to show how they work in the actual game.

That being said, I will likely choose two classes to play (not boxed, but as 2 personas for 1 character). I'll probably go with Beastlord and Enchanter. Just as you suggested, I will run tank merc to level up, and then switch to healer merc to see how far I can get in post 60 content.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
So, just to dip my toe in the water, I made an alternate persona last night on the Mischief server. My intention was to play him up from level 1 experiencing the game as an actual player of EverQuest and not just someone who has played for two decades and races to the end.

I made a shadow knight as an alternate persona to my existing paladin. All but 1 item in my equiped inventory worked as is for the shadow knight, so win win right.

I get to Crescent Reach and I actually read the quest dialogue for every thing starting with the first NPC I see. Again, I wanted to actually PLAY the game rather than play the experience bar. I do a handful of quests in Crescent Reach sending me all over the city. I read every single bit of the text.

And... I just can't get in to it. It's bland, boring, and ... boring. I was like well fuck.

Lord of The Rings Online has ruined me for all other MMORPGs it would seem. If there isn't a good story all the way down to the individual quest level, I just can't do it. I'm running in to the exact same issue in World of Warcraft Season of Discovery. The stories are just filler fluff that boils down to "go kill X number of ABC". /sigh

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, just to dip my toe in the water, I made an alternate persona last night on the Mischief server. My intention was to play him up from level 1 experiencing the game as an actual player of EverQuest and not just someone who has played for two decades and races to the end.

I made a shadow knight as an alternate persona to my existing paladin. All but 1 item in my equiped inventory worked as is for the shadow knight, so win win right.

I get to Crescent Reach and I actually read the quest dialogue for every thing starting with the first NPC I see. Again, I wanted to actually PLAY the game rather than play the experience bar. I do a handful of quests in Crescent Reach sending me all over the city. I read every single bit of the text.

And... I just can't get in to it. It's bland, boring, and ... boring. I was like well fuck.

Lord of The Rings Online has ruined me for all other MMORPGs it would seem. If there isn't a good story all the way down to the individual quest level, I just can't do it. I'm running in to the exact same issue in World of Warcraft Season of Discovery. The stories are just filler fluff that boils down to "go kill X number of ABC". /sigh
Have you considered selling your soul to Yoshi P?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I think as I get older I'm becoming the opposite. I couldn't give a shit about the story in the slightest and just want to kill things. In the latest EQ expansion I enjoyed doing the hunter achievements (involving spawning rare mobs in a zone and killing them) way more than the questlines.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I think as I get older I'm becoming the opposite. I couldn't give a shit about the story in the slightest and just want to kill things. In the latest EQ expansion I enjoyed doing the hunter achievements (involving spawning rare mobs in a zone and killing them) way more than the questlines.
Well the main thing I learned is that when it comes to EQ, just watching the experience bar and hunting for higher stat gear is the way to go. Every so often, I will read some of the dialogue going forward to see if any of it is worth reading, but for the most part, I'm going to just ignore it for now.

The only cool thing about my first attempt at using the Alternate Personas (outside of Beta) was the fact that my level 1 shadow knight was able to use all but one piece of gear that my 29 paladin already had equiped. That was pretty nice.

I do wish they would let you take an existing character on an account and turn it in to an alternate persona of another character though. I have my gnome rogue that was my raider back when Mischief was young and my gnome mage who has his epic 1.0 which is always fun. I hate having to pick between the two of them to decide which character I am going to actually play APs on. In the end, it will probably be the rogue seeing as he was my big raider from Velious through Planes of Power, so I have the most nostalgia with him.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Welp, I am finally back. Bailed in OOW, because I got really tired of all that shit. Now I am 65 when the cap is 85, and I have an unholy amount of catching up to do. MAG/BST duo is 65 and now I need to figure out how to farm enough xp and gold to get mercs rolling properly and get a lot of AAs.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yep, with no bonus XP coming anytime soon..
25th anniversary in March. But I will have plenty of time to bulk up before then. I am still in the early stages, getting my UI shit set up again. The longer and harder part is trying to remember just what/why the stuff in my bank/bags were there in the first place. Lots of spells to figure out how to acquire. I will have to relearn TBS and SoF from scratch. I think SoF should be easy and fun, I had a blast there on FV with this setup. On some tower pulling clockworks for ages on end.

Rolled a bard to a full relearn of the basics. Gloomingdeep is the best starting zone.